Hacking How to keep my Wii from updating when you put a disc in that wants to?

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I have 2 questions. NSMB has been freezing like a minute and a half into gameplay and I know the disc is fine because it works at my friends house. What IOS or cIOS should I install to fix that? And is there an app that I can install to block disc updates? Thanks.

synt4x_3rr0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can usually use Gecko OS to boot the game and it will tell you what IOS the game needs. But if the game already boots fine but crashes later, I'm not sure that would work. But it's worth a try I guess.

You can block disc updates with priiloader I think, but I don't use that myself so I can't say for certain. I'm on firmware 3.2 still and use the Starfall patches to block updates, but those patches only works with 3.2. But I know that they have been implemented in newer firmwares so it is possible.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Install Priiloader Quickly!
Block all updates with it!
Does it pop up before the Wii system menu does? I don't like it when bootmii does that so I uninstalled it. I just want a patch to block updates.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can install Priiloader v0.6 from here, and use the appropriate hacks_hash.ini file for your SM from here. For more information on Priiloader you can read the Priiloader WiiBrew entry here.

FYI, good timing, as Prilloader v0.6 just got out of beta 4 hours ago
biggrin.gif

-Happy Holidays! []D

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Uninstalling bootmii isn't a good idea.
If you don't want it to pop up, you can set it to autoboot the system menu or simply rename the BootMii folder on the SD card.

Priiloader is able to autoboot the system menu as well (you can access the Priiloader menu by holding reset while the wii boots).

StartPatch is basically the hacks only.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Uninstalling bootmii isn't a good idea.
If you don't want it to pop up, you can set it to autoboot the system menu or simply rename the BootMii folder on the SD card.

Priiloader is able to autoboot the system menu as well (you can access the menu by holding reset while the wii boots).

StartPatch is basically the hacks only.

Sorry, which menu will be accessed when you hold reset? Wii or Priiloader?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NSMB has an anti-piracy measure that freezes the game, I don't think it can't be fixed via cIOS.
You have to either patch the .iso (requires a re-burn if you use discs), or you can download a patch and load the game via NeoGamma or another loader. I think if you have a WiFi connection enabled then it will automatically search and download the patch.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
ACWWFAN said:
Sorry, which menu will be accessed when you hold reset? Wii or Priiloader?
Wii menu if nothing's pressed.
Priiloader if you hold RESET.

How do I configure it so it does this? Thanks.

Posts merged

QUOTE(DeMoN @ Dec 24 2010, 01:57 PM)
NSMB has an anti-piracy measure that freezes the game, I don't think it can't be fixed via cIOS.
You have to either patch the .iso (requires a re-burn if you use discs), or you can download a patch and load the game via NeoGamma or another loader. I think if you have a WiFi connection enabled then it will automatically search and download the patch.

It's actually a retail copy...

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
ACWWFAN said:
How do I configure it so it does this? Thanks.
I believe that's the default configuration.
Autoboot needs to be set to "System menu", that's it.

Alright, just so I have everything right...I have the priiloader folder in the apps folder on my SD card. I will run it in a minute when I get on my Wii. I have never used priiloader so I guess I will see the menu when I get there but I am guessing its pretty self explanitory? And when I install it, it will automatically block updates and automatically boot to the wii system menu when I turn on my wii and will block updates then too?

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried running the newest version of priiloader and it didn't work, it said something about a missing cIOS and that it would "abort mission". What cIOS or IOS do I need for it? I am running 4.1U.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACWWFAN said:
I just tried running the newest version of priiloader and it didn't work, it said something about a missing cIOS and that it would "abort mission". What cIOS or IOS do I need for it? I am running 4.1U.
I just went back and looked, it said the cIOS is infected.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quickly install bootmii dude.
Its a lifesaver. If you somehow mess it up you can safe your wii. Lots of people want to install it but can't due to new wiis.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bjorno said:
Its a lifesaver. If you somehow mess it up you can safe your wii. Lots of people want to install it but can't due to new wiis.
Ok I will but I need help with my other problem too. What cIOS do I need for the latest version of Priiloader?

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACWWFAN said:
Does it pop up before the Wii system menu does? I don't like it when bootmii does that so I uninstalled it. I just want a patch to block updates.
CODEÂÂÂÂ* auto boots to the selected option after the delay time

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ* OFF (stay in BootMii Menu)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ* SYSTEM MENU
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ* HOMEBREW CHANNEL

ÂÂÂÂ* boot delay time (This requires BootMii beta 2 to have any effect

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ* 0 - Don't show BootMii Screen
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ* 1 - Show BootMii for 1 Second
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ* 2 - Show BootMii for 2 Seconds
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ* 3 - Show BootMii for 3 Seconds
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ* ...
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ* 9 - Show BootMii for 9 Seconds
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ* 10 - Show BootMii for 10 Seconds

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii_Configuration_Editor

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ACWWFAN said:
bjorno said:
Ok I will but I need help with my other problem too. What cIOS do I need for the latest version of Priiloader?

You have darkcorp don't you?
You need a clean ios36.

If you have DARKCORP, I think it would'nt be a problem updating...But I don't know for sure....
I thought the Darkcorp cios' had higher rev numbers, protecting them in case of a ninty update... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1