How to install Windows 7?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do You install Windows 7 if it is not in ISO format? I have downloaded a torrent twice for Windows 7 and both times it has been a bunch of uncompiled folders and a setup file. The last time I downloaded an OS, it was just in ISO format. What do I do with this?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I run the setup file it seems to run but theres no way it would work all the way through because it would be installing an OS, however maybe it would work because its just an Upgrade instead of a clean install.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I believe that if you simply ran the setup, it goes a certain length before rebooting your computer. After reboot, you are not taken back to your OS, but rather to the Win7 setup only. From there it finishes the installation.

I might be wrong, but it could be worth a shot vs. downloading another file.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Windows 7 looks bad on my little laptop screen, also it seems some of the drivers dont work with it for me so I went back to Vista a while back but idk if I should try it again.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ya, just burn the files to CD and classify the CD as an ISO that's bootable. Most burners do it automatically I think.

I'm using 7 right now and have been for some time since the RTM came, it's cool n stuff but too new and programs still have problems. Going back to XP for now

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this was in build 7100 or whatever though. I'm hoping maybe things will work in this build. I just dont know though. I mean, is there really any point to upgrading. To me Windows 7 is not much different than vista apart from the Start bar and the little things you can do with the Windows and stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up