How to install Windows 7?

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, most features could have easily been implemented into Vista, because I think they use the same platform.

But we know how much Microsoft likes their money.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there any other way to install an OS on an external hd? If there isn't where can i get an eSata Driver thingy? I cant install windows 7 on my computer. its not that its not possible its that i am not allowed to.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I have installed it today on my second HD, it works great! 15-20 minutes to install it, and got every driver automatically.
smile.gif

The only thing that doesn't work properly is the SetPoint drivers with my Logitech Keyboard, they just simply don't load it. Keyboard works fine, but not every special button. Guess I just have to wait for a Windows 7 compatible SetPoint (i installed the Vista one for now).

DaRk_ViVi

Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
It seems i found the first problem in Windows 7: I have many movies in double audio (italian and english) but, even after installing the k lite codec pack, Windows Media Player keeps playing both audio tracks simultaneously.

I know that with VLC everything works fine, but I would like to have it working also on WMP. ^^

Anyone knows how to do it?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DaRk_ViVi said:
It seems i found the first problem in Windows 7: I have many movies in double audio (italian and english) but, even after installing the k lite codec pack, Windows Media Player keeps playing both audio tracks simultaneously.

I know that with VLC everything works fine, but I would like to have it working also on WMP. ^^

Try with the lil ffdshow icons in the taskbar? IIRC, you can also select the audio track from there.
And VLC sucks
tongue.gif

DaRk_ViVi

Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
raulpica said:
DaRk_ViVi said:

Try with the lil ffdshow icons in the taskbar? IIRC, you can also select the audio track from there.
And VLC sucks
tongue.gif

I found a way to make it work, i just changed an option in the Codec Tweak Tool (something regarding the program handling the avi files, the default one was "Microsoft" and i switched it to "Haali").
smile.gif

Grazie cmq per l'aiuto.
biggrin.gif
VLC non è che mi faccia così schifo, però preferisco che mi vada tutto in WMP visto che il 12 lo trovo veramente ottimo come layout. ^^

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DaRk_ViVi said:
raulpica said:
DaRk_ViVi said:

And VLC sucks
tongue.gif

I found a way to make it work, i just changed an option in the Codec Tweak Tool (something regarding the program handling the avi files, the default one was "Microsoft" and i switched it to "Haali").
smile.gif

Grazie cmq per l'aiuto.
biggrin.gif
VLC non è che mi faccia così schifo, però preferisco che mi vada tutto in WMP visto che il 12 lo trovo veramente ottimo come layout. ^^
Good to know
smile.gif

I've personally found VLC to be a$$, as every anime I've watched on it was TOTALLY HORRIBLE to see. Tearing and artifacts EVERYWHERE. I remember when seeing Evangelion 1.11 (1080p), it downgraded the video quality so much I thought I was seeing it in 480p. Ew
nyanya.gif

Di nulla
tongue.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
raulpica said:
Good to know
smile.gif

I've personally found VLC to be a$$, as every anime I've watched on it was TOTALLY HORRIBLE to see. Tearing and artifacts EVERYWHERE. I remember when seeing Evangelion 1.11 (1080p), it downgraded the video quality so much I thought I was seeing it in 480p. Ew
nyanya.gif

Di nulla
tongue.gif
Just use the latest CCCP Beta
wink.gif

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Minox_IX said:
raulpica said:
Good to know
smile.gif

nyanya.gif

Di nulla
tongue.gif
Just use the latest CCCP Beta
wink.gif
K-Lite Codec Pack 64bit for me
cool.gif
Works like magic. CCCP and K-Lite are substantially the same, as they're both based on ffdshow, only that K-Lite is updated much more frequently without staying in permanent beta status
tongue.gif

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
As no one else has mentioned this, thought I would. You don't need to burn windows 7 to dvd to do a clean install. If you just have the files you can actually copy them to a usb stick and boot windows that way, then install to hard disk. It'll work provided you have formatted your usb stick correctly.
smile.gif
What do you mean by formatted correctly?

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
Edhel said:
As no one else has mentioned this, thought I would. You don't need to burn windows 7 to dvd to do a clean install. If you just have the files you can actually copy them to a usb stick and boot windows that way, then install to hard disk. It'll work provided you have formatted your usb stick correctly.
smile.gif
I just used two programs to do this right now, vLite to make the install fit on my 2 GB usb, and WinSetupFromUSB to format, place it on the usb.

Too bad I installed it on my computer with an nvidia 4 graphics, no driver for that.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Charmandersrule said:
Edhel said:
smile.gif

Formatted correctly by using diskpart. Note diskpart on XP doesn't see removable drives properly, so it's for Vista and above.
Here

Another method below works on XP.
Here

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont need that because i found a spare blank dvd and burned it to that. The thing is that I'm wondering if it will let me choose what drive to install to since i'm going to dual boot and keep XP on the same computer.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually installing Win7 on VirtuaBox right now, I separated 20Gigs and 1Gig of RAM, how is enough. I have the Ultimate RTM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night