How to install Windows 7?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The RC was what I had. How was it "bad"? Wasnt it basically the final product?

Also, about my previous Win7 Problems. When I had the RC, I could not get my, brightness Drivers (laptop), external VGA driver or my firefire driver to work. I searched and searched, I installed Windows Vista drivers and what I could find of Windows 7 drivers. Nothign helped. So when I went back to Vista, I had absultyl no drivers so I had to install EVERYTHING. It took a while but now its back up and running. I feel like I have more experience finding the right drivers now and someone told me everything should works on Windows 7 that does on Vista but is it possible that some drivers just dont work on 7? Changing my brightness, VGA and firewire are all really importnt to me and I dont want to install Windows 7 just find out it doesnt work again. But it has to work sometime doesnt it? I mean, Toshiba is continuiting to make Satellites (My series of laptop) so wouldnt they have to make drivers that are compatible?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As no one else has mentioned this, thought I would. You don't need to burn windows 7 to dvd to do a clean install. If you just have the files you can actually copy them to a usb stick and boot windows that way, then install to hard disk. It'll work provided you have formatted your usb stick correctly.
smile.gif

DigitalSquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:

Also, about my previous Win7 Problems. When I had the RC, I could not get my, brightness Drivers (laptop), external VGA driver or my firefire driver to work. I searched and searched, I installed Windows Vista drivers and what I could find of Windows 7 drivers. Nothign helped. So when I went back to Vista, I had absultyl no drivers so I had to install EVERYTHING. It took a while but now its back up and running. I feel like I have more experience finding the right drivers now and someone told me everything should works on Windows 7 that does on Vista but is it possible that some drivers just dont work on 7? Changing my brightness, VGA and firewire are all really importnt to me and I dont want to install Windows 7 just find out it doesnt work again. But it has to work sometime doesnt it? I mean, Toshiba is continuiting to make Satellites (My series of laptop) so wouldnt they have to make drivers that are compatible?

IMO, Windows 7 sucks as bad as vista, hopefully when it is fully released they'll make it not suck. Tired of new OS though, cause now all these software developers have to make their shit for the new OS and you gotta hope they do. Windows XP was god, perfect OS all around. I went from XP to Vista and back like, 3 times, and from Vista to Win 7 and back twice. I'm stickin with Vista for now cause of the DX10 and the better 64bit support. Not happy though, so many problems.
frown.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
RC is before RTM
its for public testing

basically RTM is pretty much the final ver that will arrive on store shelves, retail ver

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is tearing me apart. I cannot stand having anything obsolete, whether it be a game console or something software based. I really want to show off and bes like, yeah, I have windows 7, but I just feel like Vista suits me (and my laptop) better.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use the upgrade one I will keep all my file correct?And would I have to burn it to a disc/usb stick to install it???

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I went ahead and installed it, and of course, I can't get my brightness drivers to work at all. Basically everything in the Toshiba added value package. I cant turn off my illuminated buttons and stuff, I cant use my VGA port because that's part of it. I hate this. It's basically just one driver package that doesn't work and its got some of the most important things to me. I guess its back to Vista then.

D

Deleted-119707

im just curious on windows 7. i own the dell inspiron 15 and IS legible for free upgrade to windows 7. i currently have vista premium x64.
will photoshop cs3, adobe flash pro cs4 work?
and is it any better than vista?
will upgrading all my drivers work if i have to? or is it limited?
thanks.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DigitalSquirrel said:
CheatingSoi said:

IMO, Windows 7 sucks as bad as vista, hopefully when it is fully released they'll make it not suck. Tired of new OS though, cause now all these software developers have to make their shit for the new OS and you gotta hope they do. Windows XP was god, perfect OS all around. I went from XP to Vista and back like, 3 times, and from Vista to Win 7 and back twice. I'm stickin with Vista for now cause of the DX10 and the better 64bit support. Not happy though, so many problems.
frown.gif

Are you serious? Actually Win7 is the first decent thing I see from Microsoft in years. Sadly the RAM usage grew a little from RC1 to RTM. Oh well.

Charmandersrule said:
Charmandersrule said:
Is it possible that you can install an Os to an external hard drive? If so how?
Anybody know how?
You mostly can't. It only installs on eSATA drives. On USB drives it'll just give you an error saying you can't install it on USB drives. Sorry.

QUOTE(nicky041192 @ Aug 22 2009, 11:15 PM)
im just curious on windows 7. i own the dell inspiron 15 and IS legible for free upgrade to windows 7. i currently have vista premium x64.
will photoshop cs3, adobe flash pro cs4 work?
and is it any better than vista?
will upgrading all my drivers work if i have to? or is it limited?
thanks.
1) Haven't tried Flash, but I guess it'd.
2) Yeah.
3) Nope, but it should be compatible with Vista drivers, and by the way, it already comes with a good bunch of them in it.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CheatingSoi said:
Damn, I went ahead and installed it, and of course, I can't get my brightness drivers to work at all. Basically everything in the Toshiba added value package. I cant turn off my illuminated buttons and stuff, I cant use my VGA port because that's part of it. I hate this. It's basically just one driver package that doesn't work and its got some of the most important things to me. I guess its back to Vista then.

If I remember correctly Toshiba re-released that driver "package" as a beta but it kept giving users BSODs. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
All my adobe products work on windows 7. I haven't had any problems with drivers or anything. The only problem I have had is with quicktime and quicktimetrailers website. It won't open a new player to play HD content. I can live with that though.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raulpica said:
DigitalSquirrel said:
frown.gif
Are you serious? Actually Win7 is the first decent thing I see from Microsoft in years. Sadly the RAM usage grew a little from RC1 to RTM. Oh well.

Heh Raul I was going to rip on that guy so bad but when I finally typed it out it had soo many swears it wasn't funny. But yeah Win7 is probably the best thing since XP SP1 came out. (Note that I said Xp SP1 not XP, it had it's shit streak like Vista did, but it only took one SP to fix, not two).

And for whoever said they don't like how it suits them and that Vista felt better has probably never used Win7, because it feels exactly the same once you tweak the settings.

And I have yet to hit any compatability problems aside from antivirus programs (Bitdefender 2009 gave me some issues, NOD worked for until I turned the firewall on (started hogging 100% CPU), and I don't want to try Norton so I'm using Avast)

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Golfman560 said:
raulpica said:
DigitalSquirrel said:
frown.gif

Heh Raul I was going to rip on that guy so bad but when I finally typed it out it had soo many swears it wasn't funny. But yeah Win7 is probably the best thing since XP SP1 came out. (Note that I said Xp SP1 not XP, it had it's shit streak like Vista did, but it only took one SP to fix, not two).

And for whoever said they don't like how it suits them and that Vista felt better has probably never used Win7, because it feels exactly the same once you tweak the settings.
Actually I like Win7 graphically even more than Vista. Win7 is a lot "cleaner" on the eye. The only thing that needs a bit of adapting is the taskbar, but after a while I started loving the new taskbar.
It sums up things quite nicely and it's a lot less cluttered. When more programs will start supporting its special features (like IE fills its icon gradually with green based on a download's percentage) it'll be even better
smile.gif

Windows 7: It's Vista without the Fail
nyanya.gif

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Charmandersrule said:
What are eSATA drivers?
LOL typo. I meant eSATA drives. It's another connector, alternative to USB 2.0, just for external HDs. It's pretty rare, and only a bunch of motherboards (mainly high-end ones) support it to this day.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find no big difference between W7 and Vista. Don't think it merits a new retail release. Should've been Vista SP3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A