Tutorial  Updated

How to install the latest Rebug CFW

UPDATED GUIDE HERE

Finally, I decided to post my guide to installing the latest Rebug CFW on your PS3.

If you're on OFW higher than 3.55, you CAN'T install CFW directly! You need to check if your model is old enough to be hackable (older than June 2011). If you're lucky enough and it is hackable, you can use a hardware flasher (NOR Guide | NAND Guide) to dump your 3.56+ flash, patch it and re-flash it before you can install CFW using the guides below.

If you're on 3.55 or lower OFW, or a hardware flasher patched 3.56+ OFW, or any 4.46 or lower CFW, you can install Rebug 4.46.1 LITE from XMB by following the guide below:

1- Dump your NOR/NAND Flash (optional):
If already on CFW, install latest version of multiMAN CEX, plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, launch multiMAN under the Game column and go to mmOS > Press
circlebutton.gif
on any file > Open in HEX viewer > Press SELECT > Press START > Export GameOS LV2: Select No > Export HV LV1: Select No > Export FLASH: Select Yes
This creates a backup of your NOR/NAND flash so that you can recover using a hardware flasher in case of a (highly unlikely) brick. It is recommended to do it every time you upgrade/downgrade your CFW just in case something goes wrong.

2- Install Rebug 4.46.1 LITE from XMB:
Download Rebug 4.46.1 LITE from Rebug's website, verify the md5 hash, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP, put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE, go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's NO original game disk in the drive, NO game is mounted and that you DON'T Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW >3.55!

3- Enable QA:
Go to Package Manager > Install Package Files > PS3 Hard Disk and install Rebug Toolbox. Launch it under the Game column, go to Utilities and change Toggle QA Flag to Enabled. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading.

Notes:
  • OFW 4.55 has been released, make sure you don't accidentally update. You also need a spoofer to connect to PSN (with ban risk).
  • Make sure you use mM 4.46.00 or higher because older versions are not compatible with this CFW.
  • Make sure you install the Rebug Toolbox pkg included inside Package Manager because older versions are not compatible with this CFW.
  • Make sure you use reActPSN v2.27 or higher because older versions might not be fully compatible with this CFW.

Last edited by mschumacher69,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If you need cobra use rogero-cobra mix. Lite ver of rebug pretty is the same, no extras, beside some security/permissions patches.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah.. I dont like rogero cfw. I remain faithful to Lite and rebug. I already know about rebug and lite. It doesn't matter.. I will wait for their cfw with cobra mix, I believe. :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am planning to move to 4.46 rebug lite but the problem is that my 3.41 rebug doesnt have Rebug Toolbox.. I checked the Package Manger > Install Package files > PS3 Hard Disk and I dont see install Rebug Toolbox. I went to rebug site and I am confused and not sure where to find it. Can you help me out ? I need Toggle QA flag, thats why.

Is that okay to use 4.46 REX or I have to use 4.46 lite ? Since I am on 3.41 REBUG.

I found this: http://rebug.me/download/Toggle_QA_Links.rar

I did installed it and I see the icon on xmb instead of Rebug toolbox after Package Manger. Maybe Rebug toolbox is for 3.55 and above ? Anyway...

Install toggle QA.pkg
Run toggle QA from XMB
PS3 will beep and return to XMB. (splash flash into black screen then return to xmb)

I am done. Is that it ? How do I know if it is enable already ? *CONFUSION*

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am planning to move to 4.46 rebug lite but the problem is that my 3.41 rebug doesnt have Rebug Toolbox.. I checked the Package Manger > Install Package files > PS3 Hard Disk and I dont see install Rebug Toolbox. I went to rebug site and I am confused and not sure where to find it. Can you help me out ? I need Toggle QA flag, thats why.

Is that okay to use 4.46 REX or I have to use 4.46 lite ? Since I am on 3.41 REBUG.

I found this: http://rebug.me/download/Toggle_QA_Links.rar

I did installed it and I see the icon on xmb instead of Rebug toolbox after Package Manger. Maybe Rebug toolbox is for 3.55 and above ? Anyway...

Install toggle QA.pkg
Run toggle QA from XMB
PS3 will beep and return to XMB. (splash flash into black screen then return to xmb)

I am done. Is that it ? How do I know if it is enable already ? *CONFUSION*
Man why are u doing ur own thing? My tutorial is clear and straight to the point, just follow it and u'll be fine!

If u follow my tutorial, u'll enable QA using the toolbox after u upgrade!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. Sorry. I just want to enable QA safely for 3.41 rebug. Can I use 4.46 REX instead of 4.46 lite straight from 3.41 rebug ?

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah.. Sorry. I just want to enable QA safely for 3.41 rebug. Can I use 4.46 REX instead of 4.46 lite straight from 3.41 rebug ?
No need to enable QA first, u can enable it after u upgrade.

Yes u can install REX on top of Rebug 3.41, but do u need REX? Don't install it unless u're interested in DEX features.

If u just want to run homebrew and play backups, LITE is enough for u.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.. I just backup my nand and update to 4.46 and everything's working perfect great including reActPSN 3.00! I decide to let 3.41 rebug go but I still have 3.41 FW just in case of my backup nand. lol. Good knowing 3.41 rebug for almost 3 years or something.. Good memories, indeed. Anyway, thanks so much for your patient.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.. I enable Trophy as it says I would and I dont see the Trophy on the list like it was on 3.41 rebug. Why is that ? The design is a little bit different.

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey.. I enable Trophy as it says I would and I dont see the Trophy on the list like it was on 3.41 rebug. Why is that ? The design is a little bit different.

[Trophy Collection] has been moved from [Game] category to [PlayStation Network] category since 4.30.

You can view the changes in the link below, since you jumped from 3.41 to 4.46, I recommend reading all the changes between those versions to know what changed in your firmware.
http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/history/#update430

EDX442

Trophies
XP
Country
This may seem like a stupid question but how does rebug affect my ps3 after installing it? Do I still update or does rebug replace the system updates? And can I still access the PSN Store and play my regular PS3 games as normal? Thanks.

mschumacher69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This may seem like a stupid question but how does rebug affect my ps3 after installing it? Do I still update or does rebug replace the system updates? And can I still access the PSN Store and play my regular PS3 games as normal? Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but you would still be able to update to any CFW/OFW, but if you update to OFW higher than 3.55, you wouldn't be able to install CFW unless you use a hardware flasher.

You can access PSN on any CFW (with ban risk) as long as it is on the same version of the latest OFW. Rebug's latest version is 4.46 and the latest OFW version is 4.50 which means you need to spoof Rebug 4.46 to 4.50 or wait until Rebug release their 4.50 CFW to be able to access PSN.

Yes you can play your regular PS3 games as normal.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can play your regular ps3 games as normal.

I tested one game to replace 3.41 eboot fixed for an original eboot and the save file will corrupted your game and asked you to erased it and you will have to play your game all over again.

What you can do is do not replace fixed eboot to original eboot for the game that you didn't finished yet. However, you can replace other games to an original eboot files if you haven't playing them yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-