Homebrew How to install legit CIA files 9.3-10.3

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

froggydarren

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay. So can you be more specific with step by step how to install updates and DLC please? Just like with these legit cia or you got it from Eshop?

i already had dlc but as for the update i ran the game from the home menu and was prompted to update which i did and well all went well :)

edit....

forgot to add i updated monster hunster via eshop and that worked fine also all the games also show up in my download history how cool is that :)

Last edited by froggydarren,
Reactions: tivu100

Rodimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since out of region games dont show up on the home menu and have to be played using hans or other launchers, can they be deleted normally from the data management in the system settings? Do they show up there?

SmashMan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately no, legit cias only come prebundled with the systems so if you want to play oot3D then you'll need to downgrade to 9.2 and install a CFW.
I see. Guess I'll either wait till I can install any cia, or I'll just cave and buy a physical copy. I prefer not to downgrade.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by tivu100,

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean?

As long as you have the 3DS with the right region and the legit cia back up of the app then it should just be fine. And for this game once you have homebrew launcher you can pretty much play it with NES emulator? No need to install to NAND.
Well its a vitural machine and that means we could import a vc injection in it!

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
I know that. But if you have to go to homebrew launcher to run this, doesn't it kill the point of this thread where we use run the game for our region straight from home menu?
I dont care if i have to goto the hbl to play the damn game, as long as i can play, im happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not