Was this helpful?

• Total voters

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not sure I do, I do not want to have a nice Brick.
It's a race of time. Downgrading on O3DS will have an approximately 20-15% chance of softbricks. And when you do have a softbrick, the only way you can recover is to update the system to the latest version which is 10.3 and try again. Problem is, there are rumors that 10.4 will be live on the update servers next week. Meaning that if you wait for nextweek and somehow decided to use sysupdater and got a softbrick, your chances of getting a downgrade is zero.

You might say, "oh well I might as well wait for KTM right?" Not exactly. I wouldn't trust JustPingo and company. As far as I know, no one has ever tried his KTM beta. "Pingo also said that it's exactly the same as sysupdater, except it does hash checks on the files first."-reddit user. If you're careful, you can check your own files to use on sysupdater.

Take note: O3DS are much more safer than N3DS. So If I were you, I'd bite the bullet. KTM just ensures you have the right files, which helps if for a reason you're not following guides correctly or blind since birth.

Last edited by WaffleWafer,

badalhoco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a race of time. Downgrading on O3DS will have an approximately 20-15% chance of softbricks. And when you do have a softbrick, the only way you can recover is to update the system to the latest version which is 10.3 and try again. Problem is, there are rumors that 10.4 will be live on the update servers next week. Meaning that if you somehow decided to use sysupdater and got a softbrick, your chances of getting a downgrade is zero.

You might say, "oh well I might as well wait for KTM right?" Not exactly. I wouldn't trust JustPingo and company. As far as I know, no one has ever tried his KTM beta. "Pingo also said that it's exactly the same as sysupdater, except it does hash checks on the files first."-reddit user. If you're careful, you can check your own files to use on sysupdater.

Take note: O3DS are much more safer than N3DS. So If I were you, I'd bite the bullet. KTM just ensures you have the right files, which helps if for a reason you're not following guides correctly or blind by birth.
I just downgraded to 9.2, I followed the tutorial worked perfect

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's a race of time. Downgrading on O3DS will have an approximately 20-15% chance of softbricks. And when you do have a softbrick, the only way you can recover is to update the system to the latest version which is 10.3 and try again. Problem is, there are rumors that 10.4 will be live on the update servers next week. Meaning that if you wait for nextweek and somehow decided to use sysupdater and got a softbrick, your chances of getting a downgrade is zero.

Take note: O3DS are much more safer than N3DS. So If I were you, I'd bite the bullet. KTM just ensures you have the right files, which helps if for a reason you're not following guides correctly or blind by birth.

I don't understand why, if it's inly a GUI interface being added and hash checking, that it is taking extra time? No new exploit is being coded or anything.

Inb4 KTM = vaporware

Reactions: axemurderer

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't understand why, if it's inly a GUI interface being added and hash checking, that it is taking extra time? No new exploit is being coded or anything.

Inb4 KTM = vaporware
Smea rejecting downgrading with KTM:
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/684847115609051136

KTM Threads w/ gathered info about it not having anything besides some almost useless 'features':
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ktm-release-tomorrow.408693/page-2
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...ikely_wont_be_released_today_but_will/cypglkk

KTM is basically for the noob friendly. (and to some extent, for the lazy fks who don't double check their update files.)
It is not remotely safer, and still has a chance of bricking. There are no new exploit changes.

bones123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Smea rejecting downgrading with KTM:
https://twitter.com/smealum/status/684847115609051136

KTM Threads w/ gathered info about it not having anything besides some almost useless 'features':
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ktm-release-tomorrow.408693/page-2
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...ikely_wont_be_released_today_but_will/cypglkk

KTM is basically for the noob friendly. (and to some extent, for the lazy fks who don't double check their update files.)
It is not remotely safer, and still has a chance of bricking. There are no new exploit changes.
Hmm. So is there no real safe way to downgrade a N3DS?

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hmm. So is there no real safe way to downgrade a N3DS?
There are no safe downgrader. All of them carries risk. Like I said, it's race against time. You either softbrick your o3ds now and update to 10.3 and try again or wait next week for ktm and when it softbricks, you're already at 10.4. There is no better time to downgrade. Do it now.

Angelikita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A question about downgrading, if i do the downgrade what will happen to legit cias i installed and the few game i legally bought?, do i have to install them again?

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A question about downgrading, if i do the downgrade what will happen to legit cias i installed and the few game i legally bought?, do i have to install them again?
As for my case, it was still on my sd card together with their respective saves. I have 5 originally bought games and they are still playable. The legit CIAs were there as well.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I found another method only erase everything on your browser after you close launch homebrew and then open the fbi
now always I enter
No good, got stuck on overwrite complete.

I cleared cookies and save data and booted HBL using cubic ninja (since you didn't mention restarting the console)

Edit: I restarted to try it again, and it acted like I've never used the browser before (asking me to choose search engine etc) weird! Maybe that's something that's saved and I deleted it.

Second time I took CN out before starting FBI but stopped on same thing.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I thought it will be detected by eshop :D
Well for me, before I downgraded, I got this to work and also installed Omega Ruby.

I then loaded up eshop and found omega ruby and scrolled to the bottom and initiated a repair process.

It scanned the file and then re downloaded it over wifi. I then downloaded the update for the game.

I don't think it is absolutely required to repair it, but I figured I would just because.

Reactions: jacob1118

jacob1118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well for me, before I downgraded, I got this to work and also installed Omega Ruby.

I then loaded up eshop and found omega ruby and scrolled to the bottom and initiated a repair process.

It scanned the file and then re downloaded it over wifi. I then downloaded the update for the game.

I don't think it is absolutely required to repair it, but I figured I would just because.

oh, i actually not downgraded mine just followed the instruction here. And im downloading the update now. Thanks for answering.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I
This didn't work for me :-( Do you actually have Ironfall installed? I don't, maybe that's the problem. Also, between running the game and shutting down, so you press Home to quit the game and then turn it off with the power button? Or do you press the power button during the game? I tried both of these.

Can you describe the timing a bit better? This is what I tried:
A) ejecting then mashing A as soon as I saw the blue screen
B) ejecting then mashing A near the end of the green screen (which is just before the blue)
C) not ejecting and just mashing A when I saw the blue screen
D) ejecting then mashing A near the end of the blue screen
E)Not ejecting and mashing A right when FBI is trying to start up (red screen)

I do in fact have Ironfall and Ironhax installed, though I doubt that part would make a difference.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Out of interest will you keep these legit cia games even after updating the 3DS ? As far as i understand the games should still work, right !?

Last edited by nIxx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny