Heyo.
Just checking in.
System: Old 3DS XL
Firmware: 9.9.28U
Hax Entry: MenuHax 2.0
Booted HBL: Mashers HBL
Tries before FBI booted: 50+
Tries before CIA Installation: 1

Just did a repeat of opening FTPBrony, closing, then opening FBI and hoped it worked. Eventually did.

Also quick question.
I was reading somewhere here and came across this forum:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/if-you-...o-not-open-data-management-in-sysnand.374163/

So my question is since we don't have a legitmate way for emuNAND, does the above still follow when we're installings CIAs this way?
I'm afraid of acessing Data Managment and risking of losing all my data?
Just wondering since I'm pretty newish to this scene.

Hey can anybody answer this? Seems to have gotten lost amongst these other posts.

Emulator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what the heck guys?!?! i did it no problem yesterday on n3ds took 4 tries no resets just press start and reload fbi and now i cannot get in fo the life of me. i installed 1 game yesterday and man now that i have the others ready i cant get in.. lol and ejecting the cart damn how you guys getting it xD

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got to the done screen after booting 10+ times, and now it froze. N3ds 10.3.0-28U menuhax 2.1 gridlauncher. Also tried Oothax. Also tried to boot memchunkhax because i wasnt sure if i should boot it or not, but it just froze right away. Am i missing something?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Try the eject trick (Make sure you have a game cartridge in your 3DS):
1)Launch Homebrew Launcher through Menuhax
2)Launch ftBrony and quit with B.
3)Launch FBI, right before the blue screen or on blue screen, quickly eject the cartridge and spam A.
It should take you to the FBI menu where you can choose your CIA. c:
I think I am going to cry. Been trying all day. I got my friend's o3ds working immediately after installing menuhax, his is now up to 7/16 CIAs installed, but my n3ds just won't work :-( It has gotten to Done a few times but frozen. It mostly stops at Cleaning up or Map complete. At some point I'm going to have to actually start my day's work :-p

Are there any other tricks besides this eject trick I can try? Also does it matter if my n3ds is connected to the net? I notice ftBrony gives a different message when connected.

RhythmCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am going to cry. Been trying all day. I got my friend's o3ds working immediately after installing menuhax, his is now up to 7/16 CIAs installed, but my n3ds just won't work :-( It has gotten to Done a few times but frozen. It mostly stops at Cleaning up or Map complete. At some point I'm going to have to actually start my day's work :-p

Are there any other tricks besides this eject trick I can try? Also does it matter if my n3ds is connected to the net? I notice ftBrony gives a different message when connected.
Turn off Wi-Fi and yes ftBrony gives you mostly a ''Done'' line.

Reactions: Quantumcat

RenAkahoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi there! I was trying all tha day with all the metods, including the eject metod, but it didn't work

The screen freeze in "Done", I tap the screen and spam A, but nothing, there's another method?

Note: Sorry, my english is basic :c

XswordcraftX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
The screen freeze in "Done", I tap the screen and spam A, but nothing, there's another method?

Keep trying. It took me quite a few times to carry out cartridge ejection and boot FBI itself. Then again, it doesnt always work so reboot and try again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I still havent gotten the installation to work yet after trying all night. Not losing hope as of yet.

Trill Spector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install failed!
USA - Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL (0x13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)

Why isn't FBI installing the cia, its legit (From BCG) & region matched.

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have gotten this to work twice so far. I was having second thoughts about installing Fire Emblem because I've never been a fan, but I decided why not. So I went to boot up FBI expecting a huge hassle like the other 2 times, but I managed to get it on the first try. So I guess it is really just luck. The first time took too many to count, the second was close to 20. The 3DS gods really want me to play Fire Emblem, apparently.

JustAKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install failed!
USA - Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Source: SOURCE_AM_START_CIA_INSTALL (0x13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0x2f)

Why isn't FBI installing the cia, its legit (From BCG) & region matched.
That means FBI didn't start with memchunkhax2 enabled, restart and keep trying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast