Homebrew How to install legit CIA files 9.3-10.3

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

aaroncmx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got NSMB2SE running on my N3DS 10.3.0-28E.

Took many tries. I have no idea if this will help anyone but what ended up helping (Or most likely not helping and not having anything to do with success) was running ftbrony, exiting it with LRABdown or something, I dunno, and then running FBI. I ran it 3 times and got cleaning up but no done, so I clicked A and then clicked Start to exit. Did this 3 times and it finally got to Done and A responded. Then navigated slowly (repeating my button presses) to my CIA file and installed it. Boots fine!

Tapri

Forum Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be wrong here but as far as i know for that to work the games would need to be linked to my NNID (like when you make a System Transfer).
I'm not exactly sure how Nintendo does their stuff, but after installing pokemon super mystery dungeons, I goofed off with it in the eshop and it let me diagnose and request a repair on it, so something tells me that if a title ID is put into the 3ds, even if it's not bought from the eshop, that it still shows that it's still legit in the eyes of the eshop and can be fixed/updated that way.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Dub8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Na its on my OldXL. Looking to run Dream team USA CIA. Do i simply just install the CIA then run the game via hans?

Alan Treecko

GBATemp's official fanfiction disposer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Na its on my OldXL. Looking to run Dream team USA CIA. Do i simply just install the CIA then run the game via hans?
Install it then run it in Hans or RegionFour.
Just a warning that some games don't really have all the languages you want.

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to install a CIA from a region different from your 3DS and launch it with RegionFour or something?

Yes, i have an EUR cia on my USA 3DS, and i start it with Hans

Why we don't have more legit CIAs of more regions, guys? Any dumping problem? I can see it's been some time since first legit CIA released.

IDK

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has anyone successfully got a out of region legit CIA game working via hans?

Me, with Hans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1