How to install Eshop Games and Updates using SXOS

Hey Guys, I made a Tutorial in German on how to install Eshop Games and Updates using SXOS. Tell me if you know a german forum simular to GBATEMP, I couldnt find anything.
Its been doing well and if someone could help out with Translations would be great. Also any critisism is highly appreciated, let me know what you think!
Oh and here is my review/guide of the SXOS if you are interested :)

maruuu07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all you should change your Thumbnail of your second video. :angry:

Just stealing my picture and than using it on youtube without even asking. :glare:
Image source: Switch Hack Tutorial
I'm not "stealing" anything I just picked the best one from Google ^^ Does that mean you don't allow me using it?

Last edited by maruuu07,

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alllways suprised how many people dont get that you dont need to press the power button at all. just insert the usb cable after the swtich is shut off. This will boot up the switch too.

maruuu07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alllways suprised how many people dont get that you dont need to press the power button at all. just insert the usb cable after the swtich is shut off. This will boot up the switch too.
Trying to make things as simple as possible ^^

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Trying to make things as simple as possible ^^
just inserting the usb cable is simpler imo. trying to press power and vol+ can become a real hasle since they are closed so close together.
You also dont need to do the extra step of letting it boot once and then shutting it down like you methode does since the usb cable will turn on the switch.
And since it turns on the switch anyways why not use it instead of the power button.

maruuu07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just inserting the usb cable is simpler imo. trying to press power and vol+ can become a real hasle since they are closed so close together.
You also dont need to do the extra step of letting it boot once and then shutting it down like you methode does since the usb cable will turn on the switch.
And since it turns on the switch anyways why not use it instead of the power button.
That's pretty interesting, it's definitely faster! Thanks for the hint, I'll boot like that from now on. I don't hope most people are fat enough so that they can't press power and volume up at once but alright, we can call usb in and volume up the fat finger method from now on :D

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's pretty interesting, it's definitely faster! Thanks for the hint, I'll boot like that from now on. I don't hope most people are fat enough so that they can't press power and volume up at once but alright, we can call usb in and volume up the fat finger method from now on :D
its noter persay fat fingers. but it gets unconfortable if you have to do it often, lets say if it for some reason fails.

uludag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Sometimes I ask myself: How dumb can people get?
Advertising illegal roms and websites distributing them on Youtube...
On top of that you distribute cracks for games and software in the description of your videos :rofl2:

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not "stealing" anything I just picked the best one from Google ^^ Does that mean you don't allow me using it?
That is stealing. You are aware that there's a thing called Copyright? I can't wrap my mind around people thinking that everything Google image search spits out is just free to use for whomever likes.
So, practically, yes, you did steal a picture because you didn't ask for permission and if @fenomeno0chris was taking this seriously, he could sue you for unauthorized use and damages, and he would have every right to do so, and would win.

I know we are on a forum full of people stealing games and whatsoever, but I guess you should know that you just using that pic as preview without permission is basically the same as pirating a game. It's copyright infringement.

Oh and that Devmenu you provide a link for right in the YT description? Not a wise call.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

maruuu07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is stealing. You are aware that there's a thing called Copyright? I can't wrap my mind around people thinking that everything Google image search spits out is just free to use for whomever likes.
So, practically, yes, you did steal a picture because you didn't ask for permission and if @fenomeno0chris was taking this seriously, he could sue you for unauthorized use and damages, and he would have every right to do so, and would win.

I know we are on a forum full of people stealing games and whatsoever, but I guess you should know that you just using that pic as preview without permission is basically the same as pirating a game. It's copyright infringement.

Oh and that Devmenu you provide a link for right in the YT description? Not a wise call.
How so?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Sehr gut getan Herr @maruuu07 ! Du hast 'ne tolles Tutorial Video gemacht. Wir brauchen immer mehr hilfsbereite Leute hier.

First of all you should change your Thumbnail of your second video. :angry:
Just stealing my picture and than using it on youtube without even asking. :glare:
Image source: Switch Hack Tutorial
Hey I feel you but this is a community of enabling people to literally steal software that hundreds work on. You have also made wonderful content for which you are right to take pride in, but calling theft isnt a good look.

@maruuu07 , consider crediting those whose work you have used in the video description. It is polite to leave a line "this guide wouldnt be possible without the following people..."

Last edited by Heran Bago,
Reactions: apfelsaft45

maruuu07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sehr gut getan Herr @maruuu07 ! Du hast 'ne tolles Tutorial Video gemacht. Wir brauchen immer mehr hilfsbereite Leute hier.

Hey I feel you but this is a community of enabling people to literally steal software that hundreds work on. You have also made wonderful content for which you are right to take pride in, but calling theft isnt a good look.

@maruuu07 , consider crediting those whose work you have used in the video description. It is polite to leave a line "this guide wouldnt be possible without the following people..."
Hey Danke für die lieben Worte.

I think that would`ve been the better solution but I dont care enought to argue with the few hobbyist lawyers on the forum.
That being said of course I`ll remove the picture if the owner asks me to wich has motivated me to do so (all though calling it stealing wasn`t very polite or accurate).

I think it`s interesting how most have comented on the Thumbnail image of the video and not the video itself, thats really not what im here for to talk about, so I`ve fixed this petty problem lest the sour taste I feel in my mouth rightnow, will keep me from staying active in this great community.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I would be shocked if a real lawyer posts here. Armchair legal theory is just tradition in any hacking/homebrew/piracy community. Here is mine:
A civil case would be thrown out through fair use in North America where the video is actually hosted and published (location of civil infraction should be location of filing, with exceptions). The EU doesn't have a good equivalent but assuming the case isn't dismissed there are some similar protected rights. Without a direct profit though it will be down to precedent or something dumb in discovery. The most likely result is both sides paying legal fees that they have trouble affording and neither will be adequately compensated.

Reactions: mikodu25

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No matter what you say, it's a bitch-ass move to just use any random image from Google. Any lawyer will squeeze out a few hundred bucks for unauthorized use out of that. I mean, you generate clicks and view and thus revenue from Youtube ads, don't you? Feel like @fenomeno0chris should get part of that since you advertise it with his picture... you get where I'm going.

Reactions: crazy_p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...