Hacking How to Inject 136 Kb GBA Saves with Hourglass9?

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some 136 kb GBA saves ripped using my Retron 5 and converted using a tool I found. They've been able to work fine with emulators like OpenEmu on Mac, and I've even been able to get some of them to inject into VC equivalents before after using VBA-M to change the save size. But now, I'm trying to inject the rest using Hourglass9 and I can't get them to register in VBA-M at all, let alone change their size. I can't recall what I did before to fix this. Does anyone know how to get these to work?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I have some 136 kb GBA saves ripped using my Retron 5 and converted using a tool I found. They've been able to work fine with emulators like OpenEmu on Mac, and I've even been able to get some of them to inject into VC equivalents before after using VBA-M to change the save size. But now, I'm trying to inject the rest using Hourglass9 and I can't get them to register in VBA-M at all, let alone change their size. I can't recall what I did before to fix this. Does anyone know how to get these to work?

AGBSave9 iirc

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is the saves don't even load in VBA-m, and every other method I've heard of to change their size doesn't work. I can't inject them if they're the wrong size/format.

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I figured it out. At least for A Link to the Past Four Swords. It turns out the file was padded to 136 KB from a mere 8 KB. In this case, the last 8 KB of the file was the actual save. The rest was empty. I copied that last 8 KB from the file into a new file and it opens right up in VBA-m. So that's one mystery solved. But after injecting that new file with Hourglass9, the save didn't take. Comparing the 8 KB one with a clean one reveals something odd: every 8 bytes of the original (dumped from an actual cart) is inverted. So ABCDEFGH IJKLMNOP is HGFEDCBA PONMLKJI. I have no idea why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: