Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dicamarques

in the op there's missing 1 guide "Raspberry Pi 2 - PiPass"
It's not mentioned on the github page, but it's for Pi2 only for the moment

Currently, there is only a pre-made image for the RPi 2. I should be able to get my hands on a RPi Model B soon. The readme has instructions for manual installation that will work on RPi Model B and RPi Model B+. There isn't much tinkering to do, aside from installing some dependencies and setting permissions. I never thought about it during the time, but since PiPass is Python based, another user on this forum was able to install PiPass on his router and has everything working.

If anyone has trouble with manual installation, I can try to help on the main PiPass thread here in the tutorials section.

Ritster21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NbaHomePass is not the nzone script, it is totally different even if it is the same principle.

I will look to set the interval and randomise the order of cycling, but you will have to be patient I really do not have the time now.

NbaHomePass is not working anymore. Everything seems to be fine except my 3DS won't connect to the Nintendo Zone app even though it has Wifi signal.

Youbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I am trying to setup homepass but it don't work.
I followed this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-10#post-4739510
-I am using windows 8.1
-I have an Ethernet connection and a Wi-Fi not in use
-maccheck gives me a few zeros with an 1 at the end
-when I run nzone.exe, it just disable the Wi-Fi and never enable it again. If I try to start it again, it says ''No hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found'' and when I try to stop it,''Hosted network not started''
-I can't even re-enable the Wi-Fi manually. It says ''activation...'' then ''activé'' but stay disabled(yes,my computer is in french)
-Rebooting the computer fix my Wi-Fi

Can someone help me please?

ChaosJester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all, I have set up a PiPass, have it all up and running. I can see the Nintendo Zone icon and it is flashing blue when connected. I can connect to the internet without any issues on the 3DS. I do not have any wireless networks set up but when I am in sleep mode I have had no streetpass hits. I have had this running for about 48 hours with no hits.

I am currently using a RaspberryPi 2 Model B and an Australian N3DS running 9.8.0.25E firmware.

Can anyone suggest why this is not working, or give me some pointers on what to check out?

Thanks

EDIT: Through some testing it seems that the USB WiFi adapter is not allowing the MAC address to be spoofed correctly. So that explains a lot. Will report back if I can fix it.

Last edited by ChaosJester,

Stigus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, I have set up a PiPass, have it all up and running. I can see the Nintendo Zone icon and it is flashing blue when connected. I can connect to the internet without any issues on the 3DS. I do not have any wireless networks set up but when I am in sleep mode I have had no streetpass hits. I have had this running for about 48 hours with no hits.

I am currently using a RaspberryPi 2 Model B and an Australian N3DS running 9.8.0.25E firmware.

Can anyone suggest why this is not working, or give me some pointers on what to check out?

Thanks

EDIT: Through some testing it seems that the USB WiFi adapter is not allowing the MAC address to be spoofed correctly. So that explains a lot. Will report back if I can fix it.

Out of curiosity, which WiFi adapter are you using?

ChaosJester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, which WiFi adapter are you using?
I am using a LBLink adapter with the realtek rtl8192CU chipset. I have ordered an adapter with the ralink RT5370 chipset which is known to work with spillpass.

Will report back when it arrives.

Stigus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using a LBLink adapter with the realtek rtl8192CU chipset. I have ordered an adapter with the ralink RT5370 chipset which is known to work with spillpass.

Will report back when it arrives.

RT5370 was the chipset that I started with on my kit and it should work nicely. Also, depending on how you installed PiPass, if you will be switching WiFi adapters on the same installation of PiPass, you might want to use the 'Reset Network' option under 'Raspberry Pi'.

Generally, you just need to ensure that a particular chipset can work correctly with hostapd and also has the ability to change MAC addresses. Assuming those are good and you have the correct drivers installed, Homepass will work. When using the pre-made image or even the installer, these options will just install known working drivers for you, but it does not mean that it is limited to those chipsets. If another chipset was found to be working, it would be as easy as just installing the new driver and verifying the hostapd driver name to get it working correctly.

Last edited by Stigus,
Reactions: ChaosJester

theRev8614

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been able to set it up using nzone. Nintendo zone glowing blue, computer says internet access, but browser on 3DS is not connecting but Nintendo zone loads. Not receiving streetpasses and I also lose connection every time I close the 3DS.

Is the connection bad?

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok I setup homepass with Nzone, and it works just fine with my o3DS, but for some reason my N3DS just does not want to streetpass! Does anyone else have this issue, and is there a solution for this?!

EDIT: It works now, didn't change anything but oh well.

Last edited by MRJPGames,

ChaosJester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RT5370 was the chipset that I started with on my kit and it should work nicely. Also, depending on how you installed PiPass, if you will be switching WiFi adapters on the same installation of PiPass, you might want to use the 'Reset Network' option under 'Raspberry Pi'.

Generally, you just need to ensure that a particular chipset can work correctly with hostapd and also has the ability to change MAC addresses. Assuming those are good and you have the correct drivers installed, Homepass will work. When using the pre-made image or even the installer, these options will just install known working drivers for you, but it does not mean that it is limited to those chipsets. If another chipset was found to be working, it would be as easy as just installing the new driver and verifying the hostapd driver name to get it working correctly.

RT5370 works like a charm :) Plugged it in, reset the network (had to reinstall hostapd because I replaced the binary) and all was working well.

Thanks for the help!

xrM

Trophies
XP
Country
RT5370 works like a charm :) Plugged it in, reset the network (had to reinstall hostapd because I replaced the binary) and all was working well.

Thanks for the help!
I can confirm that the RT3070 (Buffalo WLI-UC-GN)works with nbahomepass.exe as well.
NbaHomePass.exe is so weird. Everytime I wake up, I get streetpasses for about 2 hours. Then, it just stops working. I let a couple of hours pass, and then it works again for about 2 hours.

Why does it only work for 2 hours at a time?

Also, it changes Macs way too slowly. Every 5 minutes. It should work like Nzone.exe where it changes Macs every 2 minutes.

Overall, fix this weird "only works for 2 hours at a time" and please make Macs change quicker.

Other than that, it works great. Unlike Nzone.exe which worked for about a week, and then stopped working and has never worked ever again for no reason, NbaHomePass has been doing its job for about 4 days now. About 2 hours at a time of course.
Same quirk here, only works for an hour or two.

Btw does anyone find that there are a lot of repeat visitors using this method? Every 8 out of 10 visitors I get are repeat visitors.

Last edited by xrM,
D

Deleted User

I can confirm that the RT3070 (Buffalo WLI-UC-GN)works with nbahomepass.exe as well.

Same quirk here, only works for an hour or two.

Btw does anyone find that there are a lot of repeat visitors using this method? Every 8 out of 10 visitors I get are repeat visitors.

The cycle is the same for everybody, it is normal that you have a lot of repeat visitors. I will implement some random mac cycling. And it works for an hour because the cycle lasts 80 minutes(BASE16), and you can get streetpasses from a same mac every 8 hours.

I am trying to work on it but I have my exams now, so I am a little busy.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much, I didn't know about homepass (shame on me) and after giving up on nzone (atheros card here) and mccycler (though it worked well and cycled macs, I couldn't pass with anyone) I found nbahomepass and it works pretty well.

I don't know the theory behind homepassing and could find any solid info (only tutorials), so I have a couple questions:
1.- If I use nbahomepass, I can cross with people using nzone, and any other method? I'm asking this because it seems like a lot of people should be homepassing, but I've only seen like 6 different people since last week. I'm not complaining, that's a lot more passes than I could normally get, but at firts it seemed like I should have at least 10 passes in little time.
2.- Does the current mac have anything to do with whom you can homepass? If two 3DS systems start homepassing with base16 at the same time, should they pass between each other 16 times?
3.- What's the practical difference between base16 and base256? It seems like base256 should be better always, but I'm missing something for sure.

Finally, if someone can point me to somewhere where I can find how all this works I'd apreciate it.

Thanks

The Mystical One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, I didn't know about homepass (shame on me) and after giving up on nzone (atheros card here) and mccycler (though it worked well and cycled macs, I couldn't pass with anyone) I found nbahomepass and it works pretty well.

I don't know the theory behind homepassing and could find any solid info (only tutorials), so I have a couple questions:
1.- If I use nbahomepass, I can cross with people using nzone, and any other method? I'm asking this because it seems like a lot of people should be homepassing, but I've only seen like 6 different people since last week. I'm not complaining, that's a lot more passes than I could normally get, but at firts it seemed like I should have at least 10 passes in little time.
2.- Does the current mac have anything to do with whom you can homepass? If two 3DS systems start homepassing with base16 at the same time, should they pass between each other 16 times?
3.- What's the practical difference between base16 and base256? It seems like base256 should be better always, but I'm missing something for sure.

Finally, if someone can point me to somewhere where I can find how all this works I'd apreciate it.

Thanks
You are getting lots of repeats because nbahomepass does not yet randomize the MAC order, so anyone who is simultaneously shifting with you is going to show up frequently.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Since NBAhomepass is the only one working for me ( I dunno why I don't get passees with maccycler even though it seems to work properly) and NBA seems to be bussy, I've tested editing a mac adress on the exe file to see if the app still worked, and it does (I need to test after the 8 hours cooldown though). I might write an app that randomizes and changes those MAC adresses directly on the exe file, it shouldn't be too hard to code.

I'll look for the time values and see if I can change the time between each mac change. I'll post/edit if I get to anything.

UPDATE: I found the time value, it's at 0x224d (4 bytes I think), value is in milliseconds, little endian, editing it works fine.
For 30 minutes (there were people asking for it) change it to 40 77 1B 00 on hex editor. Affects both base16 and base256

UPDATE2: I just need to test my app, it can edit the follwing from nba homepass:
-SSID name
-Time to next mac change
-Built in mac randomizer for base16 or base256

Also, my app grabs the mac list from a txt file with the 256 macs, so using custom macs is quite easy.

As I said, I'm testing it, but I haven't got any homepass yet,but I didn't with the unmodified nbahomepass 0.3 either, so I'll test it further tomorrow and see if it really works :huh: (well, it should...)

Last edited by suloku,

tehfogo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm running into a small problem with using the ubuntu VM homepass guide on this thread. I am able to download the script, and execute it, but I run into this error when I try to run it:

XNSRENG.png

I am currently trying to run this homepass method using a TP-Link TL-WN725N wireless adapter with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2017