Not open for further replies.

Igettäjä

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Igettäjä,

From how my setup is you should have the lan connected and share with connection with wireless connection 2, your wireless network connection should be disconnect as the program uses that to change the mac address and will disable and enable it when it changes.

I'm using that setup and running the nzone.exe app and I've been getting streetpasses. Hope this will help you out

I also use my ethernet connexion for internet connexion sharing. But I don't think it makes much difference in the end.

Igettäjä, you can monitor you PC's hosted network by running the following command as an admin from time to time:
Code:
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
You'll see your current MAC address and those of the devices connected to this hostednetwork. When Internet shows on your 3DS, its MAC address should show up in the command return.

I cannot tell for sure why you had this error message. I'd say you may have opened the Nintendo Zone app at the same time as the MAC address of your WIFI adapter was swithed, meaning a temporary disconnection. But this is mere guessing.

HUGE THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU!

I changed my setup so that I shared my ethernet connection to the virtual network instead of sharing the Wi-Fi Connection. And it worked! Just got my first StreetPass through HomePass! ^___^

Illyasviel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I leave my 3DS on sleep mode connected to the raspberry pi as it cycles through the MAC addresses throughout the whole day? Or do I have to keep it "open"

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi all,

Can anyone help me to troubleshoot?

It has been a long time since I used homepass (maybe 6-9 months ago). It used to work before, I had no problem in the past. But recently I don't get any streetpass.
I've run "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", and it shows that my 3DS is authenticated. My 3DS shows the blue internet logo on the top left, I've also tested the internet connection.
I've tried both SSID attwifi and NZ@McD1

But that green light just won't appear anymore. Is there anything that I missed? Any change to the way homepass work?

Last edited by hiten,

SMOKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question that's likely going to make you think I'm a dumbass.

I'm using a dd-wrt router for this, and my neighbors are on my internet now.. Is there a way to either run it without being connected to my internet or put a password on it?

EDIT: Yes, I know I can block their MACs, but I'd rather not have to monitor the thing

themysticalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Can anyone help me to troubleshoot?

It has been a long time since I used homepass (maybe 6-9 months ago). It used to work before, I had no problem in the past. But recently I don't get any streetpass.
I've run "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", and it shows that my 3DS is authenticated. My 3DS shows the blue internet logo on the top left, I've also tested the internet connection.
I've tried both SSID attwifi and NZ@McD1

But that green light just won't appear anymore. Is there anything that I missed? Any change to the way homepass work?

Since the 9.2 or 9.4 (I think) firmware update, both the attwifi and NZ@McD1 hotspots require no security. You'll need to use the newer scripts like nzone.exe or nbahomepass now.

Reactions: hiten

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
In the wetter and more windy parts of Germany
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, so I stumbled over this streetpass relay stuff just today and I am like always very impressed by the ressourcefulness of gbatemp. :P
I have a little Xubuntu machine running for downloading stuff and Kodi and it has a wireless connection I am not using, perfect for setting up streetpassing I thought.
But I am a little unsure what the proper way to set this up is. Thread starters' post mentions to first take a look at duke_srgs post with an extensive guide, so I did that.
Followed the linux instructions there and I can see that my wifi is now showing as NZ@McD1, unsecured. The nintendo zone app on my N3DS xl is reacting to it and tells me that there is an nzone nearby.
I try connecting to it but it searches for it for a good minute and ends up with an error, either no connection to the access point or telling me that I have to be in the range of the nzone.
It seems to not get any internet connection from the nzone. My n3ds is shown as streetpassing and from time to time he beeps up, finding the nzone again and trying to connect to it but no luck.

Afterwards I tried the "method 1" from the starting post, which seems to be very similar but no luck either. Also the commands for starting and stopping are not working, I do not have a nzone.ap in my bin folder.
Before I try any more ideas on how to run this I would rather hear it from here and maybe someone can point me to the right direction.
My Xubuntu is 15.04 and I have a N3ds XL running the latest firmware. Are any of those the problem makers?

The Mystical One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the update today, I don't seem to be streetpassing. Is this just a temporary thing (like sometimes happens after an update), or an actual breaking change?

lucky644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I created a program, similar to the duke's one, to fix the BSOD error with Atheros based cards on Windows.

Here are the instructions :

- download and save the following file : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/NbaHomePass.exe to the desired location
- open Start => Accessories => Command Prompt <Right-click> => Run as administrator
- then, in the Command Prompt you just opened, execute :
<Path of the folder containing the file>\NbaHomePass.exe BASE256 (or BASE16)

The program will then execute itself, when it will ask you, press any key and the homepass will start.
If you want to stop the program, you just have to close the Command Prompt.

I will implement scheduled task in the future to make the program more independant.
I hope it will help some of you.
Awesome. Works perfectly. One question, can you add the ability for me to choose how often the mac changes? 5 min is way too short....I prefer 30 minutes.

Igettäjä

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Awesome. Works perfectly. One question, can you add the ability for me to choose how often the mac changes? 5 min is way too short....I prefer 30 minutes.

Just use the BASE16 method:
Code:
NbaHomePass.exe BASE16

This will make the MAC address change every 30 minutes.

pattosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That is weird... for me, the BASE256 method changes the address every 5 minutes. The methods are not supposed to be identical.
They are different in the sense that they are not cycling through same set of MAC addresses (BASE16 addresses are included in BASE256). But yes, the pace is not the same as for the original nzone.exe. I really don't mind the way they are. Still, it could be another interesting improvement to have a switch that sets the time between two addresses. Maybe default to a minimum value (2 minutes) when the parameter is too low. But it could be pointless for someone to cycle every minute, because the 3DS seems to check every two minutes for available networks.

D

Deleted User

They're both 5 min for me, maybe a bug in the newest version?

NbaHomePass is not the nzone script, it is totally different even if it is the same principle.

I will look to set the interval and randomise the order of cycling, but you will have to be patient I really do not have the time now.

lucky644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NbaHomePass is not the nzone script, it is totally different even if it is the same principle.

I will look to set the interval and randomise the order of cycling, but you will have to be patient I really do not have the time now.
I doubt anyone would complain about waiting, it is free of course.

Appreciate you considering feature requests!

PCobalt

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello I am new here, recently I follow the guide and I get 4 streetpasses

but I want to ask why is my 3ds is not authenticated if the 3ds is in sleep mode? I test it with netsh wlan show hostednetwork
and when I open the 3ds, its authenticated.
so I must open my 3ds in order to get streetpasses
can someone explain to me why this happened? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...