• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

slowmotioning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to clarify, which SSID name should I be using for my DD-WRT HomePass? I'm on 9.4, the WRT has no encryption (I'm using MAC Filter), and I've had success with using attwifi and NZ@McD1. Is there a particular one I should stick with for more success?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So just to clarify, which SSID name should I be using for my DD-WRT HomePass? I'm on 9.4, the WRT has no encryption (I'm using MAC Filter), and I've had success with using attwifi and NZ@McD1. Is there a particular one I should stick with for more success?
Use NZ@McD as a default

jackwan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Try both several times. Ether exe will work or vbs will give the detailed error

I tried for man times but .vbs functions very well with no error. However .exe keeps showing that error message.
I have no idea what should i do with homepass now...

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
Using nzone.exe my wifi becomes ConsoleNintendo3DS, but if I try to do this manually renaming my wifi network to ConsoleNintendo3DS, and modifying the macs, it does not work.
Why only works with nzone.exe?

with "nzone.exe" HomePass working fine here...

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
duke_srg

So I decided to try an old method for Windows 7.

1.jpg

After following the guide, I noticed some things.

First. The name changes on one of my connections. And for some reason that connection got doubled.

1.jpg

Also, in cmd, I typed...
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc

Then in device manager, I clicked show hidden devices.

1.jpg

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adaptor isn't connected anymore.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
duke_srg

So I decided to try an old method for Windows 7.

View attachment 14377

After following the guide, I noticed some things.

First. The name changes on one of my connections. And for some reason that connection got doubled.

View attachment 14378

Also, in cmd, I typed...
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc

Then in device manager, I clicked show hidden devices.

View attachment 14379

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adaptor isn't connected anymore.

You have two wireless adapters, both looks like support hosted network. You must disable one of them for script to work because windows decides which virtual adapter host access point

Kekskrümel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi duke_srg,

thx for your work.

I am using a TP-Link TL-WR841ND v9 with DD-WRT

Using the command

wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP

He download the file and say "starting nzone"

Sadly he doesn't download any mac file or create the cronjobs.

Any Idear ?

Thx & Greetings

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys i'm back....Can some one update me please. It seems that the method for Windows 7 / 8 that I gave to DarkKnigh_t no longer works???

My 3DS is connecting and there seems to be no problems, except no Street Passes. Have Nintendo upgraded the firmware and I haven't noticed...lol

If so anyone worked out the work around for this or any other simple Windows 7 / 8.1 methods?

So any help would be appreciated. (Quick note my computer knowledge is decent but not great..lol) Good to be back.

----------------------------------

Update:

Ahh I see so the NZ@McD1 SSID no longer accepts passwords due to the 9.3 Firmware.
Took me about 80 pages to read through but I found it. I'm guessing that means that Windows useres are effectivley screwed then....

Anyone help with Nzone.exe or VM player i've just tried both methods and not a single one of them worked.

I guess i've done someting wrong but I did follow the instructions. :)

ImXycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had homepass working on 12.04 Ubuntu for months. Last week i had to reinstall everything and tried to get homepass to work again using Method 1 for linux.

But the script is changed, It keeps trying to use "wlan0wlan0" instead of wlan0 and when i edit the "etc/init.d/nzone" i see the wlan became wlan0wlan0 and eth0 became eth0eth0 and even the MAC adres is twice in a row.
Another side effect of the double wlan0 (wlan0wlan0) is that it tries to access wlan0wlan0_hostap.conf which obviously not exist and has to be wlan0_hostap.conf.

So the problem is: The script tries to sent a signal through wlan0wlan0 which doesnt exist so the homepass is not working.

I tried to edit the nzone.sh to see if theres anything i can change about it but the character encoding is gibberish and no clue how to make it readable.

LiquidAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh I see so the NZ@McD1 SSID no longer accepts passwords due to the 9.3 Firmware.
Took me about 80 pages to read through but I found it. I'm guessing that means that Windows useres are effectivley screwed then....

Anyone help with Nzone.exe or VM player i've just tried both methods and not a single one of them worked.

I guess i've done someting wrong but I did follow the instructions. :)

I'm using the Windows (native) method (see page 10) with quite a bit of success on Windows 7. It's very easy to set up. I tried using the BASE256 option, but my laptop seems to have a very hard time switching MAC addresses every 2 minutes, up to the point where I have to restart my computer since it doesn't respond to my actions. Ever since I've been using the slower BASE16 option, where the MAC changes the address every 30 minutes, I haven't had any "freezing" issues.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the Windows (native) method (see page 10) with quite a bit of success on Windows 7. It's very easy to set up. I tried using the BASE256 option, but my laptop seems to have a very hard time switching MAC addresses every 2 minutes, up to the point where I have to restart my computer since it doesn't respond to my actions. Ever since I've been using the slower BASE16 option, where the MAC changes the address every 30 minutes, I haven't had any "freezing" issues.

I'm currently using Windows 8.1 though if its works better with 7 I created a dual boot so can switch to 7. I must be doing something very wrong as i've been out the loop so long.

I've gone to the instructions downloaded nzone.exe and all it did after a few seconds was come back on the prompt with msxml3.dll

And thats it....nothing else happened.

Also maccheck.cmd link on that page did not work at all through I cant see why my WiFi card would have a problem as it worked before.

VM Player also didn't create the network either. I imagine i'm missing something else I need to do to get this all sorted..lol

--------------------------------------------------

Ahh I just tried BASE16 instead and the WiFi Network has shown up. But now I have no idea what to do..lol

-------------------------

Further update: The SSID is ConsoleNintendo3DS and is Password Protected....isn't it suppose to be NZ@McD1??

----------------------------------

GREAT UPDATE: Ahhh back in business i'm seeing Green >=)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy