Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are NO changes for NZ@McD1 in fw 9.3, so most probably it will work only with the streetpass data left by the same fw 9.3 3DS, so please continue to use windows script if it worked before for a several days more. Anyway most of you don't have another option, so don't give up and continue the test please

Do you recommend those who haven't updated yet to stay at 9.2?

Reactions: SergioSnchez

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Scrub Lord People have a probems with password protected APs with firmware 9.3, you have the problems days before that. Get an Andoid phone and connect to the AP, it will report if there any DHCP error and won't connect. Or it will connect fine to the AP but with no internet. Just check.

I tried connecting to NZ@McD1 with my android cellphone, it reported no error but I couldn't connect either way.
I checked my 3DS's version, it is still 9.2 though.

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
MAC Spoofer (changer) Android App only change in WiFi Mode, Hostspot Mode not is affected for this application

wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk is Bad Application becasue Damage WiFi Option in my phone

inb44o4123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i used the ubuntu script made by duke and now my ethernet connection crashes every 20 seconds. can anyone help me?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Cloud557 There is no changes in hotspot configuration in fw 9.3 for NZ@McD1, like it was for attwifi in fw 9.0. And there was a delay for receiving streetpasses even with unprotected attwifi with fw 9.0 update. So there are two options: either the streetpass relay registers firmware version with the streetpass data and won't let you get with the different firmware or there are changes in new firmware that really changed the security mode logic for streetpass relays. In former means we just need to continue with no changes and just wait untill fw9.0-9.2 streetpass data is substituted with fw 9.3-9.4 data maybe several days or so. The latter means no more streetpasses for Windows. Well I'm in progress to make a workaround, but anyway that will get over a week to debug, so you're losing nothing trying to use the old method.

arkanoth yes, that means your wireless adapter can't change MACs. To be sure, also post the first string with the hardware and driver information please.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
sabata2 you should succeed with the phone before checking with 3DS. Don't pay attention to Nintendo Zone glowing and/or Internet icon appear, that means nothing in case of an AP malfunction. If it is not a big problem for you to update to Ubuntu 14 than yes, it will be better option. The more people using the latest build, the more stable script will be. Dicamarques was unable to get the stable script work with Ubuntu 14 and the current version was proved to run on the latest Debian build.

Rocket0634 yes, everyone using homepass from the Windows or with the password-protected AP are recommended to stay with 9.2 for now. Moreover, if 9.3+ is really disabled streetpass relay with password-protected AP for the Nintendo Zone SSIDs which is originally unprotected, I'll only make a workaround for Windows script version, i.e. Router/Linux/iOS will only be able to use unprotected AP for homepass.

inb44o4123 just run
nzone stop; update-rc.d remove nzone
That will stop interface toggle.
Then please PM me the output for:
ifconfig -a; cat /usr/local/sbin/nzone

Cloud557

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duke_srg Okay, thank you for the update and clarity on that. I'll continue using the method I've been using and hope that I get some streetpasses, and I eagerly await your workaround.

Okay, so I just went to my menu to start the Homepass stuff, and I noticed there's ANOTHER update for the 3DS... Do I just want to not update it, or is this update going to fix the Homepass?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
duke_srg Okay, thank you for the update and clarity on that. I'll continue using the method I've been using and hope that I get some streetpasses, and I eagerly await your workaround.

Okay, so I just went to my menu to start the Homepass stuff, and I noticed there's ANOTHER update for the 3DS... Do I just want to not update it, or is this update going to fix the Homepass?
Most probably it won't but if you are already on 9.3 you will lose nothing if update to 9.4.

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
duke_srg I tried connecting to NZ@McD1 with my android phone, it could connect to the access point fine but didn't have internet access. It showed no DHCP error or anything of the sort
my 2DS is at v. 9.2

Celestis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install hostapd
sudo apt-get install dnsmasq

Code:
sudo chmod +x ./streetpass
sudo ./streetpass

So, I did basically method three, and while it does do... something, my 3DS (and any other wireless device for that matter) doesn't seem to connect properly.

Im basically getting an error loop when any device tries to connect. The 3DS does seem to recognise the Nintendo zone and it clearly says "Internet" in the top left corner, but no streetpasses are exchanged.

Terminal output is:
Code:
Configuration file: streetpass.conf
Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 4e:53:50:4f:4f:46 and ssid "NZ@McD1"
wlan0: interface state UNINITIALIZED->ENABLED
wlan0: AP-ENABLED 
wlan0: STA 40:f4:07:fe:13:c9 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
wlan0: STA 40:f4:07:fe:13:c9 IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 1)
wlan0: AP-STA-CONNECTED 40:f4:07:fe:13:c9
wlan0: STA 40:f4:07:fe:13:c9 RADIUS: starting accounting session 548B3697-00000000
wlan0: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 40:f4:07:fe:13:c9
wlan0: STA 40:f4:07:fe:13:c9 IEEE 802.11: disassociated
wlan0: STA 40:f4:07:fe:13:c9 IEEE 802.11: authenticated
wlan0: STA 40:f4:07:fe:13:c9 IEEE 802.11: associated (aid 1)
wlan0: AP-STA-CONNECTED 40:f4:07:fe:13:c9
wlan0: STA 40:f4:07:fe:13:c9 RADIUS: starting accounting session 548B3697-00000001
wlan0: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED 40:f4:07:fe:13:c9

Just out of curiosity I tried to connect with my Android tablet to the hotspot and it reproduced the same disconnection loop, while the tablet was stuck in "Obtaining IP address...", so I suspect it is the same problem for the 3DS.

Operating System is Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 Bit
Cinnamon Version 2.2.16
Linux Kernel 3.13.0-24-generic
hostapd version 2.1
dnsmasq version 2.68

Are there any... "usual suspects" for this issue? Some google results describing similar errors suggested a downgrade of hostapd to v1.1, but then again, those topics were from early 2013. Surely the same problems cannot persist anymore, do they?

Tin_Whiskers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, it looks like the Linux method (method 3) I was using before no longer works. :(

We'll have to wait, I suppose, for someone far more clever than the rest of us (like Duke) to find a way around the roadblocks Ninty keeps tossing up.

Oddly - I just tried the windows method again, and my DS states it was able to connect to the NZ@MCD1 network. I'm watching it, but thus far, no streetpasses. The previous update would not even allow it to connect, so... huh. Either Nintendo undid the encryption requirement on the NZ@MCD connection, or perhaps found a way to kill Homepass on their end.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
OK. here's an update.
I followed the instructions for windows 7 on a Laptop, without a USB. I'm using NZ@McD1
I've got a successful connection test. I've got Nintendo Zone confirmation with every other MAC address.
I am not receiving streetpasses.

devilspork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware 9.4
Using second router with open wifi (and MAC filter)
SSID set to attwifi
No Nintendo Zone, but still streetpassing

Tin_Whiskers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware 9.4
Using second router with open wifi (and MAC filter)
SSID set to attwifi
No Nintendo Zone, but still streetpassing

Sadly, I only have a later-revision WRT54G with the limited RAM and a WNR-2000 V3.

I'm not sure if the WNR-2000 V3 can be used for this or not.

devilspork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I only have a later-revision WRT54G with the limited RAM and a WNR-2000 V3.

I'm not sure if the WNR-2000 V3 can be used for this or not.

Router database for DDWRT shoWs support for the WNR-2000 v3.

You can get WRT54G's on eBay all day long for $20 bucks or less. Just check the model # first.
Even the Micro build of DD-Wrt supports Wireless Mac clone.

shadowdogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I did this a while back. What is the situation with this homepass relay now? I wanted to do it for pokemon. I live in the UK, this script for dd-wrt is very odd and won't seem to even change the mac address for wifi anymore, it used to be that you do attifi but i don't know whether thats changed now.

danone42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to set up my homepass using a laptop running on Windows 8 with ethernet cable. My 3DS did connect to the Internet and the Nintendo Zone responded but I can't get any streetpases.

It seems that my wireless adapter can't change MAC address. I checked it with maccheck.cmd. My hostednetwork also requires a password so there's that. And my 3DS is updated to the latest firmware. I think these are my main problems.

Would a WiFi USB dongle fix my problem? If so, is there a specific model/specifications or I can just get a cheap one? Thanks for the help.

Reactions: SergioSnchez

Tin_Whiskers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Router database for DDWRT shoWs support for the WNR-2000 v3.

You can get WRT54G's on eBay all day long for $20 bucks or less. Just check the model # first.
Even the Micro build of DD-Wrt supports Wireless Mac clone.

Thanks, DevilSpork!

Would you know where to point me to where I may find the proper DD-WRT micro? I'd rather end up frying the old Linksys than the router all my home stuff is attached to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: oh no