Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you deleted connection setting on a 3DS and created a new one? Was it detected on creation or you have to choose the security mode manually?

Yes, I did delete the connection settings on the 3DS before creating the new one.
When I connect to the the NZ@McD1 network, I do it by using doing this: new connection>manual setup>search for access point
and then I click NZ@McD1, type the nintendozone password, and that's it. It should work after this, right?
as I said before, it worked the first time I tried (it was some days ago) but I haven't managed to do it again correctly since then.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes, I did delete the connection settings on the 3DS before creating the new one.
When I connect to the the NZ@McD1 network, I do it by using doing this: new connection>manual setup>search for access point
and then I click NZ@McD1, type the nintendozone password, and that's it. It should work after this, right?
as I said before, it worked the first time I tried (it was some days ago) but I haven't managed to do it again correctly since then.
Something have broken then. Try this
nzone.vbs stop
netsh wlan set hostednetwork allow testtest testtest
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
Then search for the new AP in the 3DS with ssid testtest and add it with the same password. Check AP connectivity, then check security mode, it must be the same as displayed with the last command

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nzone.vbs stop
Then search for the new AP in the 3DS with ssid testtest and add it with the same password. Check AP connectivity, then check security mode, it must be the same as displayed with the last command

The security mode that the "netsh wlan show hostednetwork" shows is WPA2-personal, and the 3DS security mode for this network shows WPA2-PSK (AES). What does this mean?

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
omg I just tried running nzone.vbs again and connecting to the 3DS and it worked, my 3DS found the Nintendo Zone and all. I'll leave it in sleep mode for now, thank you

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Green light lit, it worked :)
one little question I got to ask, since I'm homepassing using a notebook, I'd like to know if I can close it (while still keeping turned on) while homepassing. Would that stop the process?

HackerNint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi. I have the adapter D-Link DWL-G122 (H/W Ver C1 F/W Ver.: 3.30 (E) ) and macshift can't change MAC of my adapter. I tried this in Ubuntu 14.04.1 (through VMware Workstation 10)

Ubuntu instructions:
- open a Telnet/SSH client and execute
sudo wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; sudo chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; sudo /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP
- wait for the Homepass

You can start/stop the AP respectively by command
sudo /usr/local/sbin/nzone start
or
sudo /usr/local/sbin/nzone stop
MAC lists can be altered by crontab, as well as a MAC change time period.

and I get "rt73usb WiFi adapter not supported". I use Ethernet to connect to internet and I only want Eon Ticket for Omega Ruby through Homepass so I don't want to buy an adapter just for this. How does the thing with the personal Mac address works? Do I need my ordinary modem for that? The personal Mac Address is the one that goes by "Wireless Access Point - Physical Address: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX" in my router/modem? Also I have a friend that can do Homepass and got the Eon Ticket through Homepass, can he do something targeted at me to send me the ticket? Thanks in advance.

Tin_Whiskers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it... still cannot connect to the access point though :(

Bless you, Scrub Lord.

I was coming here today specifically to find a way to slow down the MAC changes! Homepass is AWESOME, but with BASE256 changing the thing every two minutes, it's like trying to drink from a firehose - to much, too fast.

I'll try your instructions when I get home.

Thank you kindly! :)

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Bless you, Scrub Lord.

I was coming here today specifically to find a way to slow down the MAC changes! Homepass is AWESOME, but with BASE256 changing the thing every two minutes, it's like trying to drink from a firehose - to much, too fast.

I'll try your instructions when I get home.

Thank you kindly! :)

What? Why are you thanking me lol
all credits go to duke_srg

kaduvrp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Scrub Lord Bambamthepyro If you're using BASE256, then the MAC changes every 2 minutes, so connection is restarted in 2 minutest too! That is enough to get a streetpass, but may not be enough to make a connection test. To make sure you have enough time to test:
nzone.vbs stop
nzone.vbs reload
nzone.vbs start BASE16
Then you have 30 minutes to recreate a connection, make access point test and launch Nintendo Zone app to check the actual internet connection. No more test required, just close your 3DS and wait for 30 minutest for the next MAC change. If no green light in 30 minutes. Just keep it for a full 8 hours cycle. If everything works just return to the more frequent MAC change:
nzone.vbs start BASE256

kaduvrp Please follow "Before anything else" link in the first post

I did, and when I used the maccheck script, all I got was zeroes and, after maybe 20 (or so) zeroes, it started displaying gibberish. Is there anything I can do?

Tin_Whiskers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? Why are you thanking me lol
all credits go to duke_srg

Heh. I'm new here - been on this site a total of 6 hours total, so my apologies! :) I mis-read and thought your username had posted *precisely* what I was looking for, so I appreciate that, and the hard work that went into making HomePass "a thing".

Despite living in a fair-sized city in the eastern US, I don't get a lot of street passes. This is awesome stuff! :) Thank you, duke_srg, if you read this, I really appreciate it! As do a few of my friends. Three of us sat around my old PC last night, raking in streetpasses like mana from the heavens.

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Heh. I'm new here - been on this site a total of 6 hours total, so my apologies! :) I mis-read and thought your username had posted *precisely* what I was looking for, so I appreciate that, and the hard work that went into making HomePass "a thing".

Despite living in a fair-sized city in the eastern US, I don't get a lot of street passes. This is awesome stuff! :) Thank you, duke_srg, if you read this, I really appreciate it! As do a few of my friends. Three of us sat around my old PC last night, raking in streetpasses like mana from the heavens.

haha nice, I love streetpassing too. I get about 5-6 streetpasses per day when I go to the class (sometimes up to 10), and there's a weekend event I go in which I get a few dozens of streetpasses. My old Nintendo 2DS had almost all hats unlocked (all from Find Mii and Find Mii II, and a few missing ones from the other games you can buy) and nearly all puzzle pieces. It got stolen, though. So I'm re-starting from scratch with a new 2DS :\

Tin_Whiskers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha nice, I love streetpassing too. I get about 5-6 streetpasses per day when I go to the class (sometimes up to 10), and there's a weekend event I go in which I get a few dozens of streetpasses. My old Nintendo 2DS had almost all hats unlocked (all from Find Mii and Find Mii II, and a few missing ones from the other games you can buy) and nearly all puzzle pieces. It got stolen, though. So I'm re-starting from scratch with a new 2DS :\

I might get 5-8 streetpasses a WEEK, and that's only if I purposely go to a relay station, such as a local McDonald's or the Bestest of Buys. Otherwise, I get maybe *two* "real" streetpasses A MONTH. So this is relivatory!

I'm really sorry to hear about your stolen 2DS. People can really suck. I left my 3DSXL at the gym once, but someone turned it in - I guess I got lucky. Good luck on rebuilding everything, and I hope you have lots of fun doing so!

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
nzone.vbs stop

I am confused about the nzone.vbs. Where should I type it? Man I feel like such a retard.

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am confused about the nzone.vbs. Where should I type it? Man I feel like such a retard.

You type it in the command prompt :) don't forget to run as admin. Also, you need to type the command with the exact location of the nzone.vbs file. Say you saved it in C:\users; you need to type "C:\users\nzone.vbs start BASE256" (or whichever base you wanna use)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc