Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can only streetpass with a single MAC set every 8 hours. You COULD change the MAC set when you finish the first one, but doing so and cycling through all the MACs at once is kinda rude to others, seeing as they'll just keep getting you whenever they get that MAC.

I see! I've already fixed the connection problems I were having, and even though it is working fine now, I haven't been getting any streetpasses in the last minutes. By the way, I've gotten like 80 till now. Should I wait 8h to do it again or is it some kind of error?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I see! I've already fixed the connection problems I were having, and even though it is working fine now, I haven't been getting any streetpasses in the last minutes. By the way, I've gotten like 80 till now. Should I wait 8h to do it again or is it some kind of error?

If you're using my script it will spread all the MACs with 8 hours period. This is a bad idea to quickly get 80 streetpasses and wait for the next 8 hours because you're spaming the server. In that case there are a great probability that someone will meet you more than once. That means that he will get less people in the Mii Plazza - the doubles won't count but actually occupies space.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rocket0634 oh, sorry, just lost your spoiler in the thread. Looks like several parts of the script are gettin not that was expected. Run wmic nic get index,macaddress /format:csv

Node,Index,MACAddress
RIVER-PC,0,1C:75:08:7D:C0:87
RIVER-PC,1,
RIVER-PC,2,02:00:00:00:00:00
RIVER-PC,3,
RIVER-PC,4,
RIVER-PC,5,
RIVER-PC,6,
RIVER-PC,7,
RIVER-PC,8,7A:79:19:93:96:AF
RIVER-PC,9,7A:79:19:93:96:AF
RIVER-PC,10,
RIVER-PC,11,02:00:00:00:00:00
RIVER-PC,12,
RIVER-PC,13,
RIVER-PC,14,
RIVER-PC,15,02:00:00:00:00:00
RIVER-PC,16,1C:75:08:7D:C0:87
RIVER-PC,17,08:00:27:00:58:19
RIVER-PC,18,
RIVER-PC,19,
RIVER-PC,20,
RIVER-PC,21,
RIVER-PC,22,
RIVER-PC,23,
RIVER-PC,24,
RIVER-PC,25,
RIVER-PC,27,00:26:37:BD:39:42
RIVER-PC,28,00:26:37:BD:39:42

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you're using my script it will spread all the MACs with 8 hours period. This is a bad idea to quickly get 80 streetpasses and wait for the next 8 hours because you're spaming the server. In that case there are a great probability that someone will meet you more than once. That means that he will get less people in the Mii Plazza - the doubles won't count but actually occupies space.

Oh, I'm using that 256 one. I didn't know that would happen.
anyway, what do you recommend I do? I don't want to get in anyone's way

Cloud557

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cloud557 Most probalby you've just gont ONE streetpass with 6 people on Mii Plaza after 8 hours cooldown with the same mac and hosted netsork started on boot. Script just can't run on a turned off PC.
Please check nzone job last run and command parameters to check the issue

Actually, that's very likely that I only got 1 Streetpass, but got 6 People from it. That's very true, however getting the Streetpass itself is unlikely, seeing as my computer was off when I got them, and I live on the third floor of a 3 floor apartment building, on a side road, with only one other person in the house that has a 3DS (This person doesn't get streetpasses all that often, and generally only streetpasses me once in the morning and once in the afternoon when they're home from school), so the only way I could have gotten the streetpass with 6 people from around the world, is from my computer which was off (I'm the only person in the house that has a Homepass because first floor's 3DS user is too young to understand how it works and has parental settings on his 3DS, and the second floor is empty).

As for the nzone job last run... I won't lie, I don't actually know how to check that... I'm not all that great with script stuff, which is why I didn't try ANYTHING for the Homepass that required script until I was sure I understood what to do and what it would do.

sabata2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he means to use "nzone status".
But that particular command in the script has *always* reported that the script is not running for me, even when *the last command I ran was nzone start*.

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, as I said before I had been able to do the homepass stuff... but now I can't anymore! I've run the maccheck.cmd again, and now it's displaying all zeroes... what do I do??

sabata2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, workday is over...
starting nzone
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
Configuration file: /etc/wlan0_hostap.conf
Failed to update rate sets in kernel module
Using interface wlan0 with hwaddr 4e:53:50:4f:4f:e0 and ssid 'NZ@McD1'
crontab: installing new crontab
cron was set to be commented out, and not running.
3DS notifies me that Nintendo Zone service is available.
MAC address was solid and not rotating for atleast 5 minutes.
Error Code: 003-2005
A communication Error has occurred.

There may be a problem with the wireless environment. Please move closer to the access point and try again.

If this error recurrs, the problem may be with the internet connection or the server.
Maybe something is going wrong with the routing... checking
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
MASQUERADE all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 2036 packets, 703K bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
0 0 ACCEPT all -- wlan0 * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 2124 packets, 271K bytes)
Chains are both there. 3DS is saying that it sees the zone, but cannot communicate.

I have changed the cron job to rotate at */5. I'm running a test to see if it is actually rotating every 5 minutes now.
I'm going to leave this running for a while and I'll edit this post with the results of my duration inspection, and if my 3DS picked anything up.

*EDIT*
I have let it sit for 2 hours.
The MAC addresses were changing every 5 minutes, so */5 is the correct format.
I think (as I've said multiple times before) my problem is hardware related... Do you have ANY ideas that it could be otherwise?

No, in terms of a streetpass-enabled application there is no diffrerences between SSIDs. You can get only streetpass data for the registered titles.
As for your question about internet connection lost, only those commands can affect it, thy it one-by-one and see the result.

sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o $EXTINT -j MASQUERADE
iptables -I FORWARD -i $WLINT -j ACCEPT
root@Aviarch:/home/sabata2# sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
root@Aviarch:/home/sabata2# iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
root@Aviarch:/home/sabata2# iptables -I FORWARD -i wlan0 -j ACCEPT
root@Aviarch:/home/sabata2# iptables -t nat --list;iptables -L -v -n
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
MASQUERADE all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 185 packets, 19691 bytes)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
0 0 ACCEPT all -- wlan0 * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 182 packets, 19576 bytes)
When run manually I did *not* lose my hardlined internet connection.
In preparation for the test run mentioned above I used nzone stop to reset these configurations... my hardlined internet cut out when I entered said command.

alegolasg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sorry if this has been asked before:
I have a usb wi fi stick running on win 7. I have gotten nzone.vbs to work but the problem I have is when the virtual connection(attwifi from base instructions) drops to change mac it also drops my usb network connection(the one you rename Wi-Fi). This causes the usb connection/ disconnection sound to go off and my regular wired internet to lose connection for a few seconds. is there something I can do to stop this?

Destinykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a problem trying to use this. I had everything set up all the way to the 3ds connecting to attwifi and it would actually connect to the internet but I couldn't get any streetpasses. I was using macycle with my built in wifi card in my laptop. Does spotpass in mii plaza need to be on for this to work?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Scrub Lord just use nzone.vbs start BASE256 and you will get streetpasses every 2 minutes with the randomly spreaded MACs.

alegolasg There is nothing you can do, if you have the same adapter for the Internet and Homepass and able to get actual streetpasses, just disable this sound and have fun. Adding the second wireless adapter won't solve the problem.

Destinykid Please follow "Before anything else" link in the first post, you'll be able to setup the easiest Windomepass.

sabata2 nzone stop just removes those rules with
iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -o $EXTINT -j MASQUERADE
iptables -D FORWARD -i $WLINT -j ACCEPT
So set just as before - start the nzone, stop the job, because MAC change do not affect the internet pass, make sure once more, that Access Point test is passed and then try those two lines one-by one, with the correct interfaces. You can also try to connect with the another WiFi device to check if AP is acessible and dnsmasq is giving the IP.

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've tried running nzone.vbs again just like you said, but no it says "No hosted network compatible wireless interface found" :( what do I do?

Cloud557

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having a lovely issue with the script that I was told to use... I can't get it to stop starting itself... I've typed the standard netsh wlan stop hostednetwork and it'll stop for about 10 minutes, and then anything that's connected to the internet (My whole computer pretty much) will have a second or two of not having connection, and when I check my networks, it's been started again and I have to manually stop it. Please, someone tell me how to stop it from automatically starting itself.

Scrub Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Scrub Lord Was it working before?

Cloud557 Run nzone.vbs stop It will disable the scheduled task which is used to change MAC

Yes, yes it was! I managed to get some homepasses before (got like 82), but now it has been almost 24 hours that I haven't been able to do so anymore :\ last time I tried running nzone.vbs, I got that message I said last post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits... +1