• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheeplet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sheeplet Atheros have the most problem drivers, several may work fine with MAC spoofing and hosted network, but the others fall in BSOD. Can't say for sure which driver and hardware combination have the exact result, but first check and disable the power management for the wireless adapter.

I've had the power management disabled, but it didn't seem to make a difference. It's okay. I have an Intel 7260 card just sitting around that I'll switch in at some point. Thanks for your help!

ItsAllParticles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ItsAllParticles

Mini should be enough. Anyway the most probably the bridged setup do not have DNS properly confugured, as for wget, just try to run wget --help

you're more than likely right on the bridged setup. in telnet i can't ping outside (just get no response to the command) wget --help returns nothing, but i get invalid arguments or other stuff that makes me think it's there when i give it --h or -O and whatnot. I'm screwing something up in the basic networking.
----
After a bit more fiddling, i can connect to the router outside of telnet or puTTy and get to the internet fine, but i still cannot install netzone.sh. It always responds with this error: /bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found
--I have no idea what I did but i got streetpasses. still am unable to install your script.

ItsAllParticles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha damn it. can't even WinSCP into it... Guess I need to manually input the cron job. Do you happen to have the info i'd need to input? or would i be SOL without the macs.sh file?

Groovy93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Day 3 on trying to set up homepass. As I have no router with mac spoofing and trying to setup a working homepass on my android and a usb wifi dongle both failed (and yes, I've tried every hint I found) I wanted to try to use my notebook. Setting up the hotspot with spoofed mac worked and my 3DS found and connected to it (so it already worked "better" than everything else I tried), but it fails in the second step to connect to the internet. Yes I checked the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" option and on my notebook it also says it has internet connection. Any ideas what else I could try to get my homepass to work?
Note: Ethernet is disabled and the hotspot and my 3DS have static ip addresses.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sheeplet If Atheros is not falling into BSOD, then it may work well. However, Intel 7260 seems to allow MAC spoofing, but if you have two wireless adapters in one system in Windows, make sure to dusable the unused one, as Windows chooses which adapter is used for hosted network by itself.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ItsAllParticles just try
Code:
wget --spider http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install
it should return the install script availability and file size if there are wget command and DNS settings available at the router.

Groovy93 Have you tried "Before trying anything else" reciepe in the first post?

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got one of those old nintendo wifi connectors and I've got the drivers set up so it's recognized as a Buffalo WLI-U2-KG54-YB (what the adapter is when all of Nintendos stuff isn't installed). I know it's possible for linux users to set up a soft access point, and it can apparently be done on windows 200/xp, but I'm on 8 for school related reasons. As outdated as this guide is, I've followed it up until the configuration of the ASUS software, where it can't find a dll that was removed after xp. I've given it a copy, but it can't find ordinal 1000 inside, so that looks like a dead end. I tried with the official software for the base hardware, but it doesn't seem to support creating soft APs. My next thought was setting up an ad-hoc network, but that's been removed in win 8. I'll keep trying with similar approaches, but if anyone has got homepass running on this hardware already could you let me know how?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Have anyone else problems with ORAS and homepass? I can see upto 30 streetpasses but the do not appear at holocaster. Am I missing something?

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a follow up; I managed to get homepass working with the official Nintendo Wi-fi USB connector on Windows 8. After the driver modifications I noted in my above post I created a hosted network with the netsh windows commands. After I got that working, it was a simple matter of using the utility created by N3evin that I found in this Reddit thread. Happy homepassing to anybody with the adapter.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Well at least wget is present, check the site availability with
nslookup nintendozone.no-ip.org
ping nintendozone.no-ip.org

ItsAllParticles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least wget is present, check the site availability with
nslookup nintendozone.no-ip.org
ping nintendozone.no-ip.org

it's GOT to be DNS... nslookup returns my second router's IP address (the one i'm trying to do all this with) so i'm not getting out of the router from within the admin/telnet/shell programs.

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seeing as using Google didn't help me much, I'll directly ask here.

I've followed multiple guides multiple times to make sure everything is set up right. I have Windows 7 and a hosted network called "NZ@McD1" with an assigned IP.
It connects to the internet via my main wireless by sharing. The adapter for main wireless is called "Wi-Fi" and am using MACycle to cycle through the MAC-addresses. I can see the MAC-address is actually changing each time.
On my 3DS I can connect to the internet via "NZ@McD1" and it has the assigned IP and DNS. It shows it's connected to a Nintendo Zone but other than 1 hit the very first time, I haven't been getting any Streetpass hits when I put it in sleep mode.

Seems to me I've set up everything right, otherwise it wouldn't be connecting and shouldn't even get that single hit. But nothing's happening now.
Should add that I didn't see it flashing green the first time either. So I'm doubting if I actually got a hit and not just "connected".

ItsAllParticles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duke_srg

So from what i've been able to find, it looks like the E2500 is pulling DNS from the RT-AC66U so i can access the internet fine, but it's still not looking outward. looked into resolv.conf issues, and i am afraid to touch anything >.<

nuvandibe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any idea why nzone.vbs would work perfectly fine on windows 7 and then fail to change the MAC after rebooting? At first, it changed my mac just fine, but now it fails. It does still disable & enable the adapter. Meanwhile, MACycle, which did not work before this reboot, is now the only method that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong