Not open for further replies.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
run
netsh wlan show drivers
and check the output for hosted network support. If yes, just follow the guide linked in the very first post of this thread.

windows 7 i use, with a wired connection and a wireless d link. i think i got it all set correctly but i aint getting any passes.

also my router got a well needed update to: Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) mini

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
-sh: /tmp/nzone: not found
I ran the install script via telnet and one thing I notice when I run your script... my wireless always turns off
so I have to manually re-enable it but again stuck on the same mac address

You have a RaLink based router, no on-the-fly MAC change allowed for that chipset drivers for now, sorry.

Bullet1979

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this on a Linksys WRT54G2 and a E1200v2 and on both devices I get "/tmp/nzone.sh: not found"

I see that you've said that Ralink devices aren't supported - are Broadcom devices not either?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Indeed normally on my cron script (minus timer)
root nvram set def_whwaddr=4E:53:50:4F:4F:40 sleep 3 && nvram commit sleep 5 && reboot

This is not on-the-fly, this is with the complete reboot! In that case you write to the flash every time you change MAC, flash writes a limited, someday your router will die because flash is wears off and failed. Though thica can happen today or whithin two years :)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've tried this on a Linksys WRT54G2 and a E1200v2 and on both devices I get "/tmp/nzone.sh: not found"
I see that you've said that Ralink devices aren't supported - are Broadcom devices not either?

Broadcom is the best choice!
But WRT54G2 have only 2Mb of flash, thus only DD-WRT micro build is available and it is not anough for the script.
As for E1200v2 it should work fine, just update to the latest DD-WRT build first and PM me is problem still exists.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Does the ssid on the router have to be attwifi? Also, I have 2 connections, 2.4 and 5 ghz, will the script work on both?
FYI I have a TrendNet TEW-818DRU router.

Generally the script should work fine, but I did not tried it on a dualband routers and I have no any PM with the problems from dualband router users for now. It must work on 2.4Ghz interface because 3DS only have that one, but the real experience may vary depending on a router hardware configuration. Please try the script and PM me if any problems.

neninef

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Long time that I dont post here.
I think I need to add some info. I was getting that "/tmp/nzone.sh: not found". However, I lurked a bit and found the solution!
The StreetPass Router was not DIRECTLY connected to the internet. I use another router.

My setup:
Modem >Connected via wan port(blue one) to> Main Router (Tplink 941nd) >Connected via LAN port(yellow ones)> Streetpass Router.(Tplink 841nd with DDWRT)

I had to setup manually the gateway and the DNS servers.
At gateway, I informed the main router ip (DDWRT default was 0.0.0.0).
At DNS, I informed that google one (8.8.8.8)

If you dont do that, despise the fact that the router IS sharing the internet for anyone who connects to it, the router itself cant use the internet. That is why it fails to find the nzone.sh.

Why other people does not have this problem? Because their streetpass routers are the only router they use, and its directly connected to the modem :)

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is not on-the-fly, this is with the complete reboot! In that case you write to the flash every time you change MAC, flash writes a limited, someday your router will die because flash is wears off and failed. Though thica can happen today or whithin two years :)

Aye, I'm planning on making it single mac soon enough, I finished all the Mii Plaza content so I'll settle on just the main prime once my girlfriend finishes up the last game too

Selcouth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I'm using hostapd on my Raspberry Pi and I'm able to pick up StreetPasses from the various MAC addresses on the sheet. I've gone by a few local McDonald's locations and recorded the MAC address of their gateway and they all use the attwifi SSID. Should I be able to use those MAC addresses and that SSID to StreetPass with others that visit that physical location? I've cycled through the four locations I've visited for a few days and haven't picked up anything.

Selcouth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Selcouth That's kinda a simple question. Since noone else is using that mac addresses, you get no streetpass. The sheet works because everyone is using them.
So someone hitting a StreetPass relay in a physical McDonald's location is not added to the same pool of my HomePass relay using the same MAC address and SSID? Was hoping for a way to hit those locations without leaving my home. /lazy

neninef

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
It should work. My point is that noone else is going to that McDonald's with a 3ds. I've read somewhere that some McDonald's you need to access the Internet on the 3DS and accept their TOS before it works fine. This could be the problem too.

Selcouth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work. My point is that noone else is going to that McDonald's with a 3ds. I've read somewhere that some McDonald's you need to access the Internet on the 3DS and accept their TOS before it works fine. This could be the problem too.

Oh, no, people are going to the McDonald's with their 3DS. I drove by it after attempting with my relay for a few days and immediately picked up StreetPass tags. This location has their own McDonalds Free WiFi SSID that is behind a TOS accept page. But they also the attwifi SSID, which I assume is the one associated with the relay.

neninef

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Uhm.. Thats weird. Are you sure the mac is changing exactly to the one there? Some adapters get the mac wrong by some offsets, meaning they are not equal in the end.

Selcouth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm.. Thats weird. Are you sure the mac is changing exactly to the one there? Some adapters get the mac wrong by some offsets, meaning they are not equal in the end.

Great question, I'll try it again tonight, verify, and report back.

Selcouth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've verified from my MacBook and my iPhone that the SSID is attwifi and BSSID is the MAC address of the local McDonalds. Still no StreetPasses from my 3DS.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hellos. is there anyone that can link me to a custom asus fireware for me that wont brick my router? i think i messed my one router last nite. I got a RT-N12 wireless-N300 asus router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)