56 Mac Addresses on a single unit.

50 Streetpass hits.
0 Zelda
20 ACNL
35 Pokemon
10 SSFIV 3D
5 Freakyforms
40 Music player (Really?)

Surprised there's no Zelda love. Also very surprised that someone in Brazil likes Jane Child. Actually, surprised anyone remembers who Jane Child even was.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How did you get 50 Streetpasses so quickly? Could you please elaborate? I've only gotten 6 so far in one go, but I can't get any more. Have I hit that 8 hour cooldown?

It seems your MAC doesn't actually cycle, if it would, you would have gotten more SPs.

fryhtaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
56 Mac Addresses on a single unit.

50 Streetpass hits.
0 Zelda
20 ACNL
35 Pokemon
10 SSFIV 3D
5 Freakyforms
40 Music player (Really?)

Surprised there's no Zelda love. Also very surprised that someone in Brazil likes Jane Child. Actually, surprised anyone remembers who Jane Child even was.

Did you clear your plaza every 10 or so MACs? You could get up to 330 with 55 MACs so. I know the games themselves will keep accruing when you're full, so just clarifying.

Thanks for running some numbers... Wonder if Nintendo is having issues with ALBW...

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I could use some help here. I had this method working just fine with a Buffalo Wi-Fi stick so far - atleast I got StreetPasses and it seemed to work just fine.

But today I realized something strange.
When I change the MAC address manually through either macshift or MACycler v1.2, the last bit of the address gets altered and ends up being at +1 of what I typed in. For example if I want to use the main HomePass MAC, which is 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46, I type in
Code:
macshift -i "Wi-Fi" 4e53504f4f46
and it changes the MAC address of the "Wi-Fi" labelled adapter. It even says "changing to .....46" here so everything seems just fine.
For whatever reason, if I type
Code:
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
after this to check if the hotspot is up and running with the new MAC address, it shows 4E:53:50:4F:4F:47 to be its MAC adress. Strange enough, my Buffalo Wi-Fi stick really has the 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46.
So what's happening is that the Virtual Microsoft Adapter just adds +1 to the last bit of the MAC address I enter while the Buffalo Wi-Fi stick does not.
Code:
Label   | Hardware           | MAC address   
--------|--------------------|-------------------
Wi-Fi   | BUFFALO WLAN       | 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
Hotspot | MS Virtual Adapter | 4E:53:50:4F:4F:47
LAN     | Intel Ethernet     | whatever

wifisetup.jpg

This makes sense to me at first because well, two network adapters should't have the same MAC address.

So my question is: is this normal? Is the "netsh wlan show..." supposed to show a different MAC than I entered? Or is it wrong and if so, what MAC address is relevant to the 3DS - the Virtual Adapter's or the BUFALLO stick's? Which one of these, the :46 or the :47, does the 3DS use for HomePass?
Side note: if I enter a MAC address that ends with a "F", it obviously can't just +1 on it and it ends up replacing the "F" by an "8" which is unfortunate because I can never make it to end with a "0" ;)

Another side note: I tried to enter MAC addresses of my friend's routers because I thought we might end up getting a streetpass then - unfortunately, either macshift or my BUFFALO doesn't accept these MAC addresses as it seems. I can enter them but the "netsh wlan show..." ends up showing the BUFFALO's default MAC, I think. Would be cool if anyone could answer me this aswell.

StevenLee3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, i joined up to say you all that is working on this, very excellent job

I have a question though, has this been figured out on ipad any chance?

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GeneraLight:
AFAIK you can't share the Wi-Fi's connection since you use that exact same adapter to connect to the internet. You need atleast one other network adapter to connect to the internet. I see that you have a "Local Area Connection", probably you only have to connect your PC to your Router through a cable, then use that connection for internet and the Wi-Fi ONLY for sharing.

I might be wrong on this but atleast that's how I've understood.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you get 50 Streetpasses so quickly? Could you please elaborate? I've only gotten 6 so far in one go, but I can't get any more. Have I hit that 8 hour cooldown?

I couldn't sleep and I wouldn't say 3 hours was "quickly".

Did you clear your plaza every 10 or so MACs? You could get up to 330 with 55 MACs so. I know the games themselves will keep accruing when you're full, so just clarifying.

Thanks for running some numbers... Wonder if Nintendo is having issues with ALBW...

Not every 10 Macs, every time the plaza hit 9 Miis. Most Macs only gave 1 Mii, a few gave 6. If there were 6, it sometimes gave 3.

I'm reasonably sure Nintendo's still having server issues and the relay is a very low priority to be fixed, if at all. After all, out in the wild they can claim that it's not an error on their end.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
GeneraLight:
AFAIK you can't share the Wi-Fi's connection since you use that exact same adapter to connect to the internet. You need atleast one other network adapter to connect to the internet. I see that you have a "Local Area Connection", probably you only have to connect your PC to your Router through a cable, then use that connection for internet and the Wi-Fi ONLY for sharing.

I might be wrong on this but atleast that's how I've understood.
Exactly. You need at least 2 network adapters to share the connection. One adapter that the pc connects to the internet with, and the second one to share the connection

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok, so I got it to work using the Android method, I can connect to Nintendo Zone and download demos and other stuff, but I'm not getting any streetpass hits. Any hints???

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Why can't I share the same adapter that I use to browse the internet? Why do I need a wired connection? I have two USB wireless adaptor sticks.

So 2 different network connections? One wired and one wireless?

So I need a wired connection with an ethernet cable and a wireless one with a USB wireless stick and a wireless connection?
you need a wired connection ( the one you use and that will share your internet with you virtual network ) and a wifi card or wifi stick ( to make a virtual wireless connection ) some people said they got it working using the same adapter for internet and creating the network but i dont know i havent tried. if you that changing macs will cut your internet every time when it changes the mac.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone made a script for me. I'll be a good community member and share the love =3

Code:
read last_mac_index < last_mac
new_mac_index=$((last_mac_index+1))
if [ ${new_mac_index} == 144 ]; then
        new_mac_index=1
fi
echo $new_mac_index > 'last_mac'
MAC=$(sed -n ${new_mac_index}p < mac_addresses.txt)
WLINT=$(nvram get wl0_ifname)
ifconfig $WLINT down
ifconfig $WLINT hw ether $MAC
ifconfig $WLINT up
echo Changing MAC address for $WLINT to $MAC

With this mac adress list:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48696981/mac_adresses.txt

Some explanation:
Script was coded for ddwrt router. Works perfectly. Possible to be linked to a cron task, but i use a macro program to execute it because cron was not working correctly. The script just changes between de mac adresses indexed from 1 to 143, then resets.

Have fun, got 80 streetpasses while watching a movie.

Reactions: keyra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge