• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BitingChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking at the past few pages, and I must say that it would be FAR easier to just buy a $20 router that has compatible firmware (such as Tomato or DD-WRT) than go through all the trouble that many users seem to be having.

When I first read about HomePass, these are the steps I used:

1) pulled my old WRT54G router out of my closet (it has Tomato 1.28 installed)

2) disabled DHCP, connected it to my existing network, and set the SSID to "attwifi"

3) pasted in a crontab to change the MAC every few minutes

Within 10 minutes I had a green LED.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been looking at the past few pages, and I must say that it would be FAR easier to just buy a $20 router that has compatible firmware (such as Tomato or DD-WRT) than go through all the trouble that many users seem to be having.

When I first read about HomePass, these are the steps I used:

1) pulled my old WRT54G router out of my closet (it has Tomato 1.28 installed)

2) disabled DHCP, connected it to my existing network, and set the SSID to "attwifi"

3) pasted in a crontab to change the MAC every few minutes

Within 10 minutes I had a green LED.

This is what I have said a few times as well, but it seems that people disagree ;)
In the time a lot of people have spent on it, they could have made enough money to buy a few routers.

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could anyone give me an answer to my simple question at the end of my previous posting? I'd really appreciate that. (I just want to know if it's normal to have a different MAC address [basically x+1] for your hotspot than for your actual Wi-Fi stick, pls just look at the far more detailed posting i linked.)

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone made a script for me. I'll be a good community member and share the love =3

Code:
read last_mac_index < last_mac
new_mac_index=$((last_mac_index+1))
if [ ${new_mac_index} == 144 ]; then
        new_mac_index=1
fi
echo $new_mac_index > 'last_mac'
MAC=$(sed -n ${new_mac_index}p < mac_addresses.txt)
WLINT=$(nvram get wl0_ifname)
ifconfig $WLINT down
ifconfig $WLINT hw ether $MAC
ifconfig $WLINT up
echo Changing MAC address for $WLINT to $MAC

With this mac adress list:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48696981/mac_adresses.txt

Some explanation:
Script was coded for ddwrt router. Works perfectly. Possible to be linked to a cron task, but i use a macro program to execute it because cron was not working correctly. The script just changes between de mac adresses indexed from 1 to 143, then resets.

Have fun, got 80 streetpasses while watching a movie.

should work on mini build no?

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a reverse tether app to work, seems to connect to Nintendo Zone but I think I tried too many half-baked plans on this junk phone.

Can't seem to add this Mac to the spreadsheet, so if someone could add 00-14-BF-77-E9-15 with my name and the possibility that someone might get at least 6 hits from me alone for each attempt, that'd be peachy.

Reactions: KaleoOmega

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got a reverse tether app to work, seems to connect to Nintendo Zone but I think I tried too many half-baked plans on this junk phone.

Can't seem to add this Mac to the spreadsheet, so if someone could add 00-14-BF-77-E9-15 with my name and the possibility that someone might get at least 6 hits from me alone for each attempt, that'd be peachy.

Done for you. :) This leaves only the list to be updated by Tane, so your MAC become visible to everyone.

w4rrioreh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I followed the guide and the Nintendo Zone icon lights up but I get an error.

I can play games online through the attwifi I created

I can download animal crossing items as if I were at a Nintendo Zone.

But no streetpasses are coming through? I have my MAC set to the ALL MAC if that makes any difference. Any suggestions are appreciated :)

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi guys, I followed the guide and the Nintendo Zone icon lights up but I get an error.

I can play games online through the attwifi I created

I can download animal crossing items as if I were at a Nintendo Zone.

But no streetpasses are coming through? I have my MAC set to the ALL MAC if that makes any difference. Any suggestions are appreciated :)
nintendo zone will not work so leave that. a little more info about your setup what your using would be great :)

Liete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I wanted to create an account just to mention that thanks to this thread, I was able to flash my router with DD-WRT! And I currently have a Virtual Access Point set up for Nintendo Zones that also cycles! Thank you for this guide! :bow:

Could anyone give me an answer to my simple question at the end of my previous posting? I'd really appreciate that. (I just want to know if it's normal to have a different MAC address [basically x+1] for your hotspot than for your actual Wi-Fi stick, pls just look at the far more detailed posting i linked.)

To the above, you can rest easy! My Virtual Access Points all also have a MAC address that is sometimes 1 or even two numbers higher at the end (and sometimes 2 higher at the beginning too!). But they all still allow me to connect to Nintendo zones and Street pass with people from those locations. As far as I can tell, these ARE accurate and the correct locations, since I even get them from some of the random "legit" locations as well! ;D

Hope that you're able to get your street passes working, and that the reassurance helps! :lol:

w4rrioreh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi DarkKnigh_t,

Setup is: laptop with wired connection connected to my switch (WAN) and wireless NIC (Intel 5100 AGN). I followed this guide:

Street Pass Relay on Windows 7:

Requirements:
A wired connection
A Wifi card (i tested this on an old 1390 WLAN card, so i guess most should work).
Mac Shift
Virtual Router Manager
Connect your computer through your wired connection and disconnect from any wireless one.

The Setup:

Just install Virtual Router, unzip Mac Shift on an accesible folder (or just the root of your C: drive) and run the following from a command line with administrator privileges (Type "cmd" without quotes on the search box of your start menu, when the "cmd.exe" file appears, just shift-click it and select "Run as Administrator"):
Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
This will set up a Virtual Wifi Miniport on your network connections.

Then, still on command line, go to the folder where you unzipped Mac Shift (If you unzipped it on C:\, you may want to type "Cd \" without quotes) and type:
Code:
macshift -i "YOUR WIFI CONNECTION NAME"* macaddress**
*Your wifi name should be the name of your Wireless Network Adapter typed just as it appears on your "Network Connections" folder, for example, for me it was "Wireless Network Connection". Please take in mind that this should be your Wireless Network adapter name, and NOT the one of your just-created "virtual network", nor the name of your wired adapter.
** Mac Address should be typed without ":", for example, 4E53504F4F46
So, this line should look something like:
Code:
macshift -i "Wireless Network Connection" 4E53504F4F46
Run Virtual Router Manager.
Complete the network name (Should be "attwifi")
Put any password you like (remember to set up your connection on your 3DS later!).
As "shared connection", select your Wired Adapter.
Click on "Start Virtual Router", wait a few seconds, and you should get your street pass!

To cycle between MACs:
Just don't close your command line window!
Press the UP arrow to bring back your last typed command, and change the last numbers of the mac address. This will restart your network connections (I stopped the Virtual Router every time before changing my MAC and restarted ir after doing so, but i don't believe this is necessary).

Remember that, when you stop the Virtual Router, you should stop seeing the "attwifi" network, so no problem from neighbors stealing your internet (which was secured anyway). If you want to remove the Virtual Wifi Miniport, just type the following in an administrator privileged command line:
Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow
And, to return your Wifi Adapter to it's original MAC address:
Code:
macshift -i "Wireless Network Connection" -r

Only difference was I couldn't get macshift to actually spoof my wireless NIC MAC so I found from another post that someone used TMAC v6 which worked for me.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi DarkKnigh_t,

Setup is: laptop with wired connection connected to my switch (WAN) and wireless NIC (Intel 5100 AGN). I followed this guide:

Only difference was I couldn't get macshift to actually spoof my wireless NIC MAC so I found from another post that someone used TMAC v6 which worked for me.
i suggest going on the first page and following my guide with pictures :) if your not getting passes it could be that your 3ds lost the connection to attwifi or internet. just follow my guide you dont need virtual router for me for example it messed up stuff. so try the guide and then change mac and see if you get a hit :)

w4rrioreh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bit the bullet and got a new router that I loaded dd-wrt on. Streetpasses worked right away but I'm not getting any Animal Crossing passes? Anything you specifically need to do or have I just been unlucky with the 6 MAC's I've tried (yes used the 'ALL' and Animal Crossing MACs.

Liete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit the bullet and got a new router that I loaded dd-wrt on. Streetpasses worked right away but I'm not getting any Animal Crossing passes? Anything you specifically need to do or have I just been unlucky with the 6 MAC's I've tried (yes used the 'ALL' and Animal Crossing MACs.

Yeah, it's mostly luck. Anyone who uses the PRIME 16 or even PRIME 256 to cycle through (or randomly chosen) will eventually hit the "Specific Games" MACs, since those are part of the PRIME 16 (MAC Address 4E53504F4F4x) as well. You might actually have more luck checking the personal MAC list and seeing if there's anyone there who also has AC:NL listed in the notes section.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm having the same issue with Zelda ALBW. I should have hit someone with their Shadow Link set up, and yes, I've hit the personal macs that say they have it. ACNL works fine for me.

It might be time related, as in you're not letting the mac sit long enough to register everything, but I doubt that. I know I didn't hit the cap for Streetpass activated games, since I deleted all but the ones I'm currently playing.

w4rrioreh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've now done 100+ people and some say they were recently playing Animal Crossing but still not able to see their houses. Is there any option I can check to make sure I didn't disable that feature stupidly?

Liete

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've now done 100+ people and some say they were recently playing Animal Crossing but still not able to see their houses. Is there any option I can check to make sure I didn't disable that feature stupidly?

Hmm, weird... There's Spotpass settings in AC:NL (right in the Title Menu), and possibly something in the 3DS's settings or parental controls, but that's all I can think of.

w4rrioreh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weird thing is I only get a max of 9 streetpasses too. I thought the limit was 10? Something tells me some setting isn't configed right on my DS but I didn't see anything in the menus t hat limited that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina