Status
Not open for further replies.

m33pm33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping someone can help here..

I've followed both the router and repeater how to word for word but am unable to get streetpass'. With both I am getting a Nintendo zone available and am able to access Internet but no streetpass. I've tried multiple mac's but no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hoping someone can help here..

I've followed both the router and repeater how to word for word but am unable to get streetpass'. With both I am getting a Nintendo zone available and am able to access Internet but no streetpass. I've tried multiple mac's but no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

You've got DD-WRT? Try it without the repeater and try it only your main router and see if it works.

- Ensure the SSID is attwifi,
- Have no wireless security enabled
- On the mac cloning screen, ensure you click that button that says something like "get current mac address"
- Ensure you put in the right MAC address clone (consult the google doc link in the first post)
- Then click apply settings

It may take up to a minute for folks to show up on your 3ds and go to your plaza to make sure. If this doesn't work, I'll try and help you further.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Well this is awkward. Followed the guide and now internet no longer works on the laptop and I never saw the attwifi network too...(checked for it with my phone)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is awkward. Followed the guide and now internet no longer works on the laptop and I never saw the attwifi network too...(checked for it with my phone)

When you spoof the MAC address, it'll disconnect and you'll have to find the SSID and reconnect. It may take a little bit to show up. I only have experience using a router with DD-WRT, but this has been my experience.

I tried to delete all connections in the network mannager, reboot, re-install network manager, but nothing helped xD.

What method are you using? Router? Windows? Phone app?

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
When you spoof the MAC address, it'll disconnect and you'll have to find the SSID and reconnect. It may take a little bit to show up. I only have experience using a router with DD-WRT, but this has been my experience.
I tried to delete all connections in the network mannager, reboot, re-install network manager, but nothing helped xD.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
What method are you using? Router? Windows? Phone app?
built in wifi card on laptop.
The laptop is a HP 6510b. the wifi card is a: Hewlett-Packard Company PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network
9KUfBqS.png

I followed these steps:
1. Installed both the required programs(dnsmasq, hostapd)
2. Edited dnsmasq.conf according to instructions.
3. runned: sudo chmod +x ./home_zone
4. runned: sudo ./home_zone spoof1 wlan0 eth0.

After this I checked if I could see the network on both my 3DS and phone but didn't see the network.
I stoped the script, rebooted and then I noticed the internet no longer was functional.

m33pm33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've got DD-WRT? Try it without the repeater and try it only your main router and see if it works.

- Ensure the SSID is attwifi,
- Have no wireless security enabled
- On the mac cloning screen, ensure you click that button that says something like "get current mac address"
- Ensure you put in the right MAC address clone (consult the google doc link in the first post)
- Then click apply settings

It may take up to a minute for folks to show up on your 3ds and go to your plaza to make sure. If this doesn't work, I'll try and help you further.
I was trying both seperately at the time. One thing I didn't do was click the get my current Mac button above the spoofed Mac. Ill give that a try as well.

OK. Here's what Ive got.

I decided to try this on my MAIN home router which is also running DDWRT. It worked flawlessly. Was able to get streetpasses on all the mac's.

Before I did this I once again tried it with my other router (same brand, same router, running DDWRT) but once again, the 3DS would see a Nintendo Zone but absolutely no street passes. This is also the exact same thing that is happening to the Sanoxy Repeater I bought.

I'd really like to try and figure out why its showing the Zone but no street passes with the Repeater as Im not going to keep the wireless security off and ssid broadcasting at all times on my main home router. Any help with figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

- Sanoxy Repeater setup EXACTLY as the google doc entails
- 3DS IS picking up a Nintendo Zone from the repeater but no street passes
- Tried all MAC's waiting significant time for each.
- 3DS IS able to see the repeater as attwifi in connection settings
- 3DS IS able to connect to internet through repeater
- Ive tried setting up attwifi from repeater as a connection on the 3DS as well as trying it without

SouthernGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow. not even a peep for my post. This must be one of those forums where if you have less than X number of posts it hides it until someone approves it. haha. Oh well.

I suppose I will go back to trying random things and see if anything sticks.

laterz

KaiserAlucard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's something I don't understand. I managed to get streetpasses, but they're always from the same 5 guys. And it only works if I use prime MACs, others don't give anything. What can cause this?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow. not even a peep for my post. This must be one of those forums where if you have less than X number of posts it hides it until someone approves it. haha. Oh well.

I suppose I will go back to trying random things and see if anything sticks.

laterz

Nah, nothing like that. Your message shows up, but maybe no one has the experience to help or just haven't seen your request yet. It doesn't look like this thread get as much attention as it used to. It IS 105 pages long, after all.

I didn't respond because I don't have much experience with your particular situation. Since it's obviously a conflict that arises out of having a wireless repeater, there may not even be a proper solution. For instance, if it requires an IP adress of 192.168.1.1 then you probably aren't going to get it to work. I'm setting up a wireless repeater myself and I'll test it out. If I can find a solution, or if my results are different than yours, I'll report back.

--UPDATE--

So, I can't get spotpass to work through the wireless repeater. I can only get it to work with the main router. My guess is it has something to do with IP addresses or some such thing. I'm no expert on such things, so there may be something else going on.

My setup is my main wireless router is hooked to my secondary wireless router through ethernet and my second is acting as a repeater/extender of sorts. With this setup, I can have separate wireless setups going and they both work fine (nice for older hardware). Long story short, streetpass wouldn't work with the repeater but would work on main router. I'll keep working on it, but that's all I've got in me for tonight.

There's something I don't understand. I managed to get streetpasses, but they're always from the same 5 guys. And it only works if I use prime MACs, others don't give anything. What can cause this?

How much time are you taking before switching MACs? If you're switching very quickly, and 5 other folks are switching quickly as well, then that's your answer. I'm not sure if that's not it, beyond just bum luck. Like me with my dark links. Only come across one, which is depressing.

I seem to get at least one different person if I use this list of MACs, cycling every 30 minutes or so:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE#gid=0

KaiserAlucard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How much time are you taking before switching MACs? If you're switching very quickly, and 5 other folks are switching quickly as well, then that's your answer. I'm not sure if that's not it, beyond just bum luck. Like me with my dark links. Only come across one, which is depressing.

I seem to get at least one different person if I use this list of MACs, cycling every 30 minutes or so:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE#gid=0
Nope, sometimes I wait hours before using another MAC, and it doesn't explain why only prime MACs work with me. I can't complain much, there's that Bier guy from Spain I meet everytime that have all puzzle pieces, but for Warrior's Way his 9 million men army is a little too hard to beat...
I'd really like to add more countries, and now that I mention it, there was a japanese guy the first time I used Homepass but he never reappeared after, I only get the 5 other guys now.

Maybe it has something to do with my method, first I change the MAC of my wireless PCI express adapter, then I launch Virtual manager, and then I share my internet connection from my ethernet to the virtual wifi miniport. It's the only way I found to get streetpasses.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, just edit the script and you'll easily understand how to change:)

Yes and no, theres a mac cycle by duke_srg that works with ubuntu and DD-Wrt. Its based on the somebunny's script with maccycle.
Here's a quick guide
You run the last command with BASE16 or GBATEMP or BASE256 depending on the nunmber of macs available it changes more frequently (more macs = faster mac switch) the base16 is about 30min between macs)
Code:
sudo wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh2
sudo chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh
/tmp/nzone.sh BASE256

To Stop the AP
Code:
sudo /usr/local/bin/nzone.ap stop
This runs automatically on start with you have the wlan card connected on boot.
Hope it helps

Does not seem to work on my laptop.
check the image.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-12-05 05:36:22.png
    Screenshot from 2013-12-05 05:36:22.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 181

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Having very good luck with Raspberry Pi streetpassing. ^_^

Just following the regular linux instructions in the OP and using an old Wifi Max dongle (zd1211).
Spillpass didn't work and the Win 7 method was screwing up my drivers and altering my MAC addesses -- Raspi does neither of those.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My problem is probably the intel driver update who blocks internet when it reveals I'm cahnging my MAC Address.
I never had problems until I updated to Windows 8.1, the driver update was probably in there, hope someone can make a program who bypass that damn shutdown.

Mr.Leb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I lurk GBAtemp all the time. Decided I'd add to HomeBunny's little script for Linux.
This one has all 161 of the extended Prime macs in it available to be called. (It's amazing what the find and replace function can accomplish.) Functions just like it did before, except the "SpoofX" portion accepts integers from 1 to 161. You're welcome. :D

Expect an automated mac cycling script to be posted directly. I'm also considering making a thread dedicated to somebunny's script and use of Ubuntu. I am no Linux guru, but I know my way around enough that with a little help, we might just get a command-line app for linux that works as well as the applications for Windows.

So, just take this text file, rename it to home_zone (without the file extension), make it executable with chmod, and then you should be good to go, except with 155 more MACs.

Edit:
For those with the script working in Linux, I need some help. I can get streetpasses no problem, but when I call the script after the first time, initially it doesn't work. I have to wait a while, and then call it again by hand. Until I can pin down the problem, automated MAC cycling is not possible. Anyone know what's up?

Attachments

• home_zone .txt
    24.4 KB · Views: 288
Reactions: Snailface

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
What is your wifi card?

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network.

Anyway I got it to work on my android phone after all. I just had to downgrade to android version 4.1.2.

Then using the Wifi Tether app:

Make sure you are using a samsung stock rom 4.1.2 or lower.
1. Wifi tether 3.3-beta2
2. Device-Profile: Samsung Galaxy S3
3. Setup Method: Auto
4. Send Netd Max Client CMD: checked
5. SSID: attwifi
6. Channel: 1
7. Mac Address Spoof: checked
8. Wifi-driver reload: unchecked
9. Wifi-driver reload 2: checked
10. Enable Access-Control: checked

Since Note II and Galaxy S3 use very similar hardware I guess this should work on both those devices.

Just have to be on android version 4.1.2 or earlier.

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
If anybody could help me I would be eternally glad, I can’t use MACycle more than once:
I got it working 3 times but it only works with the first MAC and then streetpasses don’t appear.
The biggest problem I have is that after I try to reset everything—I reboot and «Wi-Fi» name on my adapter is changed by Windows to the default string. I cannot rename it back because it says that this name exists already. Sometimes it’s reversed to «Wi-Fi» (and I can MACycle again) but I dunno why!
I enabled hidden devices in device manager and there are some, but deleting them does not help. My wireless adapter has already gotten #5 after its name in device manager. There are some ISATAP adapters (ni idea what they are) which were cloned up to #18 and displayed by 3 items like #16−#18 now. But I could not delete previous iterations of my wireless adapter.
Can the restriction for the adapter to be named «Wi-Fi» be changed? Like, input custom string somewhere. I can rename it to anything but previous names it had.

This makes me so frustrated. It worked flawless for the first time and I was happy. Purchased all the Streetpass games and they were really cool. But now I simply cannot get it to work. I have already tried DD-WRT on my router, but failed to set up internet access, only LAN worked. Ubuntu does not install on my PC, it crushes my video card somehow and does not even boot. I failed to use Virtual Router too. Phew, what a looser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work