• Windows

Votes: 426 36.4%
  • A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Brazil here, receiving multiple passes too! But the quantity of passes is somewhat random, between 3 & 6 passes at a time.

syrusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Over here the Homepass just stopped working. Does it take a longer time to get the tags now that the system changed? I keep my device on the same MAC for 3 minutes before changing.

EDIT: Even leaving it connected for more time, no dice. Is anyone else not getting tags anymore?

EDIT2: Now it randomly started working again... Well, I'm not going to complain :P

KiTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they change it so there's a delay? I got some on :40, but :4F didn't work, :41 was a bust but :4E didn't work... Now I'm on :4D and...

Ah, yup. It finally kicked in after waiting like ~2 minutes. I think they added some form of delay between how often you can connect to the relay system with this update.

Katarsys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm getting 6 streetpasses, but only for mii plaza. Not a single one for MH3U and a few for Kid Icarus.

ryuragnas

3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Just installed Ubuntu 13.04 on my laptop. I have a Intel Wireless N 2230 built into the laptop. I have an Asus USB-N13 dongle as well. I have used the Linux home_pass script in the OP, works fine (Beside killing my internet when stopping the script). Tried to use Duke_SRG's v4.0 script. Gives an error of the iwlwifi (Intel Wireless N 2230 card) not being compatible, yet with the OP Linux Script, I am able to select the dongle (wlan1) as the homepass spoofer with the Intel (wlan0) being the interface it runs through. Any help would be appreciated, as then I can just hook the laptop up to wifi connections, plug in the dongle, and then run a script with some options. Kinda useful when next week I'm about to go on an extended holiday with limited communications available, and when I do manage to get internet, I would like to just be able to connect.

Kind Regards,

ryuragnas

syrusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Same. I even had 3 people in my queue who last played MH3U and zero passes for that game.

They may have turned it off. I, for instance, did. The MH3U streetpass is rather useless, after all, and OCD wouldn't let me just ignore that blinking green ball.

But yeah, I don't think I ever received more than one tag for a non-Mii Plaza game on a single MAC address... Though I didn't pay much attention to it, so I might be wrong. Also haven't been getting any SMTIV tags since the change.

hohooo?? Whats going? Multiple passes from 1 mac? Fill me in please :P School has been eating my time...
Nintendo updated the system so it stores the six last people instead of just the last one. So, the relays now give up to six tags per connection.

Reactions: dicamarques

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may have turned it off. I, for instance, did. The MH3U streetpass is rather useless, after all, and OCD wouldn't let me just ignore that blinking green ball.

But yeah, I don't think I ever received more than one tag for a non-Mii Plaza game on a single MAC address... Though I didn't pay much attention to it, so I might be wrong. Also haven't been getting any SMTIV tags since the change.

MH3U Streetpass isn't useless. You use those guild cards and send them out hunting for you. It is the only way to get the bug materials for the Insect armors. It is also a way to get common materials without having to farm the mobs yourself.

syrusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MH3U Streetpass isn't useless. You use those guild cards and send them out hunting for you. It is the only way to get the bug materials for the Insect armors. It is also a way to get common materials without having to farm the mobs yourself.

But once you have a card, you keep it forever. You don't need, and in fact can't, after a certain point, just keep receiving new ones. And you can get the cards in regular multiplayer.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi all,

Just installed Ubuntu 13.04 on my laptop. I have a Intel Wireless N 2230 built into the laptop. I have an Asus USB-N13 dongle as well. I have used the Linux home_pass script in the OP, works fine (Beside killing my internet when stopping the script). Tried to use Duke_SRG's v4.0 script. Gives an error of the iwlwifi (Intel Wireless N 2230 card) not being compatible, yet with the OP Linux Script, I am able to select the dongle (wlan1) as the homepass spoofer with the Intel (wlan0) being the interface it runs through. Any help would be appreciated, as then I can just hook the laptop up to wifi connections, plug in the dongle, and then run a script with some options. Kinda useful when next week I'm about to go on an extended holiday with limited communications available, and when I do manage to get internet, I would like to just be able to connect.

Kind Regards,

ryuragnas
Hello, yes thats is normal for the script to take your interface down (thus your internet also goes down). Now the Duke's script i've been testing with him and that error never happened to me before.

ryuragnas

3DS FC: 0173-2593-8777
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, yes thats is normal for the script to take your interface down (thus your internet also goes down). Now the Duke's script i've been testing with him and that error never happened to me before.

Not being a very good script writer for Linux in general, (but not afraid of cmd line if given guide) is there a way to take the OP script's interface selection bit, add Duke's random dynamic mac addresser thingy and cron bits, and not have it take internet down when restarted (so I don't have to restart the laptop), and then run it? As I managed to get the OP script to work (got 4 StreetPasses for Mii Plaza, and a couple for other ones, using only spoof1), and just run it when wanted?

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH MY GOSH!!! I DID IT! And you guys all said it couldn't be done, hah!

Using ONLY WiFi cards (both PCI), I've finally got a proper working Homepass!!!
Just got 6 tags on first successful run! >_<

By the way, is there a particular Mac(s) that have more Japanese users? I REALLY want those Japan-only Puzzles...

syrusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
By the way, is there a particular Mac(s) that have more Japanese users? I REALLY want those Japan-only Puzzles...

Wait... What? What are those? My Puzzle Swap is "complete" (doesn't even allow me to check other people's pieces anymore), and I don't think I got any panel exclusively from Japanese people (in fact, I had them all open before I started using homepass)...

Anyway, I don't think there's a specific MAC with more Japanese people, but there are plenty using the system with the MACs from here.

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is exactly WHY I want them. I refuse to get non-Japanese systems, since then I can get EVERYTHING to get.
So, is there a more Japanese-oriented Mac address(es)?

Funny though... I seem to only be able to Homepass once every 8-ish hours, even when I change my Wi-Fi adapter's Mac Address (It is one that does so, built in).
Any idea why? I don't mind, getting 6 every few hours is MUCH better than... 0 a week, but it would still be nice.

PSeeCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Galaxy S3 international user here, while I had no problem homepassing with the stock 4.1.2 Rom I started having problems when I've installed cyanogenmod 10.2 nightly (android 4.3)...but, finally, today I've made it work!

-Galaxy S3 international
-Cyanogenmod 10.2-201391009-NIGHTLY-I9300
-Wifi tether 3.4 experimental
-Profile: generic ics/jb (wlan0)
-Method: auto
-Send netd max client cmd: checked
-Send no tether-interface cmd: checked
-SSID: attwifi
-Mac address spoof: checked
-change Mac: you know what to write here ;-)
-reload wifi driver: checked (the first one)
-routing fix: checked

Hope I've been of some help for anybody out there :-)

Alszem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone. This week, until today, everything worked well with my Galaxy Note 2 (Rogers, if it makes any difference) using Riilay. Today, for some reason, I cannot obtain any Streetpass. The last time I got SPs was yesterday evening, so the 8-hour wait has long been passed.

I tried using Wi-Fi Tether, but I soon found out it didn't work because I haven't installed the CM rom.

Also, I tried using the Animal Crossing MAC address to get SPs and, while it worked for 2 days, I haven't been able to get any more.

I'm at a loss here. I'm not too good with computer tinkering, so my best bet is to use my cellphone. If someone has any tips, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

*Late edit: I've read about people getting 100 SPs. The most I've gotten in a day is about 20. Any tip on how to get more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg