Status
Not open for further replies.

acaciaKS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check what the actual mac address that the virtual hotspot is using and compare it to the one you tried to spoof.

Did that numerous times. Both macshift and MA Cycle would set it correctly - I used the cmd command ipconfig /all to confirm. I took my 3DS to a restaurant this evening and got one SP, so I guess the function is working P2P. I just don't understand why I can surf the web totally fine via the spoofed connection but not getting any relays whatsoever. I think I'm gonna just give up and spend more time with my PSV (just got my own copy of P4G, it's pure sweet awesomeness!).

Thanks darren42.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Did that numerous times. Both macshift and MA Cycle would set it correctly - I used the cmd command ipconfig /all to confirm. I took my 3DS to a restaurant this evening and got one SP, so I guess the function is working P2P. I just don't understand why I can surf the web totally fine via the spoofed connection but not getting any relays whatsoever. I think I'm gonna just give up and spend more time with my PSV (just got my own copy of P4G, it's pure sweet awesomeness!).

Thanks darren42.

Just to confirm something, what firmware version is your 3DS currently running?

Ackis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- support multi-ssid configuration
- check script with Realtek-baset routers
- DD-WRT micro support

DD-WRT Micro Plus works. I'm running it on a Linksys WRT-54G along with the script. However the system is pretty unstable (when I ssh in to it or even use the web client, I need to reboot the bloody router a few minutes after because it hangs).

Edit:
Do we need to update our router script to v4.0 if everything we have is working already?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
DD-WRT Micro Plus works. I'm running it on a Linksys WRT-54G along with the script. However the system is pretty unstable (when I ssh in to it or even use the web client, I need to reboot the bloody router a few minutes after because it hangs).

Edit:
Do we need to update our router script to v4.0 if everything we have is working already?

Not really, but V4 is just a bit more stable.

lllAlbertolll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Windows 8 Setup

Hi, guys, I'm a little desperate so am posting to see if someone could help me... I'm currently running Windows 8.1 preview. (Sorry for being a little detailed below, as I'm a newbie to the homebrew scene.) :D

Basically, I'm able to browse the web on my 3DS and see the flashing NZ icon, but I have not gotten a single rSP! Here it goes...

I chanced upon this great forum Sunday and after going through 4 different PCs I finally got my Toshiba R laptop to work in setting up the virtual router. (The first 4 laptops, all running Win7, all had Atheros Wi-Fi chips, apparently the Atheros wouldn't let me create a virtual network no matter how I tried.)

I followed elridge's method, with Macshift and Virtual Router. I've also tried the other method with netsh wlan all the way, but elridge's way works better in the sense of getting me an Internet connection. My Toshiba's Wi-Fi name is "Wi-Fi" by default. I use the prime MAC ending in 46.

Here's my problem. I can connect my 3DS to my HomePass on the Toshiba. I can use the 3DS browser and browse the web via this spoofed attwifi (bing, amazon, cnn, the anime site I subscribe to, all no problem). (I deleted my old 3DS Internet settings, and Virtual Router shows when my 3DS connects to the 'net.) On the top screen of my 3DS, I can see the indicator switching between blue Internet and green StreetPass. I also get the flashing NZ icon on the 3DS's homescreen.

I got this set up and "working" (in the sense of being able to browse the Internet on my 3DS via "attwifi") Sunday night/early Monday morning. I left the virtual router running all night but when I got up at 8 Monday morning and checked, I had not gotten a single SP! I left my 3DS at home, within range, and went to work and when I came back, still not a single rSP....!!!

I went ahead Monday night and installed and ran the MA Cycler (the new one - thanks, Team Fail!). It worked fine, and I verified I could browse the Internet on my 3DS via the virtual router each time a different MAC was spoofed. I left the cycler running all night Monday night. Come Tuesday (yesterday) morning, still not a single rSP!!! Again, I verified I could browse the Internet, surfing to sites I hadn't surfed to before (in case my faves had been cached on the 3DS). The NZ icon continues to flash.

I turned off the cycler and set the MAC back to the major one and left the whole setup running. It's been over 24 hours since the virtual router ran the major MAC. Not a single rSP, nada, nil, zip. I'm so devastated, having spent so many hours. To be honest, though, I have had lots of fun playing with this, being my first time trying a hack. But why can't I get any SP, cycler or not, even though when the spoofed AP seems to be working in every other aspect?

Can anyone help me? I doubt Win8.1 is at fault here, since like I said I can connect to the Internet via my HomePass setup fine. I don't know. I feel a little depressed. I live and work in an area without many gamers. I was hoping this might work. I have restarted both my Toshiba and 3DS but still no rSP.

Oh, BTW, I visit SB and MCD every day, (yes, I should slim down!!), but I've noticed that I haven't gotten any rSP's there the last month or more, after getting a few when they first introduced this relay thingy. I guess this is not an uncommon experience? I wonder if this is related to my 3DS not rSP'ing on my HomePass setup.

Anyways, thanks to everyone!!

So well, im "glad" to announce that you're not the only one with that problem, after some configurations i managed to make it work, in Ubuntu though, unlike you, so i have exactly the same problem, with the latest script i can acces to internet through this attwifi hotspot, i have acces to Ninty Zone and its contents, internet, friend list, etc. i tried with the two first spoofed MACs but still i couldnt get any streetpass, is that normal? (later i will try with all the other MAC of the script) Now, attwifi is the only internet acces point the 3DS has, i even added it to one of the three networks the 3DS can have though i know its not necessary, my 3DS has the ver 6.3.0-12U, now i have some questions, from the script i see the country of those spoofed MAC is Deutsch, do i have to edit it? i live in México and my 3DS is configured to Mexico too, which doesnt have any Ninty Zone, do i need to change it? That's all, i'd be glad to know if someone has any suggestions.

acaciaKS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to confirm something, what firmware version is your 3DS currently running?

Both the 3DS and Mii Plaza are running the latest version. I manually checked for updates Monday and again last night, too. I even turned off the laptop and 3DS and left them off for an hour before trying again. All to no avail. :(

(I also went the route without using Virtual Router, same symptoms...)

Just plain weird, right? I've gone through 30 or 40 pages of this thread, and I don't think I came across anyone else's case like mine, being able to surf the web and even browse the eShop but no rSP whatsoever after 72 hours. I'm gonna leave my Toshiba (the one with the HomePass) off for awhile and try back again this weekend. In the meantime, I hope maybe someone can give me a little more ideas. :)

acaciaKS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So well, im "glad" to announce that you're not the only one with that problem, after some configurations i managed to make it work, in Ubuntu though, unlike you, so i have exactly the same problem, with the latest script i can acces to internet through this attwifi hotspot, i have acces to Ninty Zone and its contents, internet, friend list, etc. i tried with the two first spoofed MACs but still i couldnt get any streetpass, is that normal? [snip].

Hahahaha, you mean you're glad you're not the only one. :) Good luck to you, me, and anyone else that has the same unfathomable problem.

Ackis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really, but V4 is just a bit more stable.

Upgrading then is just as simple as re-running the wget command?

What about using mac address lists from things like the "all blue" option? I don't have the script in front of me right now, but I'm guessing it's as simple as creating a text file of the mac addresses and then pointing the script to it.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Upgrading then is just as simple as re-running the wget command?
What about using mac address lists from things like the "all blue" option? I don't have the script in front of me right now, but I'm guessing it's as simple as creating a text file of the mac addresses and then pointing the script to it.
Yes, just download and run, like in my post at page 10. You can also change MAC list during installation time rather than fixing it at cron settings after.
The script uses a MAC list file /tmp/nzone.macs, but it will be overwritten each time all MACs was used and internet connection is available to re-download an updated list from my server. I'm personally maintaining the lists according to the google docs spreadsheet mentioned at post 1, so you do not need to manually update anything to get a new MACs.

lllAlbertolll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hahahaha, you mean you're glad you're not the only one. :) Good luck to you, me, and anyone else that has the same unfathomable problem.

"Sadly" i made it work, in Ubuntu, it seems like i had messed up a bit with hostapd so i just reinstalled it and made all the process again, and everything works fine now using the global MACs, and i said sadly because then there's no way i can help you :P but your trouble seems to be a matter of your 3DS rather than the process itself.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey,

i have tried doing this on win7, but it seems the 3ds is not getting an ip

i can see on the virtual router that it does receive the request as i can see the 3ds mac on it. but then it fails to access it.

any suggestions?

lllAlbertolll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey,

i can see on the virtual router that it does receive the request as i can see the 3ds mac on it. but then it fails to access it.

any suggestions?
Did you enable the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" option for the network adapter you will be using to share connection? (e.g. Local Area Connection) You can find this option right-clicking the network connection you want to share and selecting Properties under the sharing tab, this in the same window where you got the name for your wireless connection name you input for the line:

macshift -i "YOUR WIFI CONNECTION NAME"* macaddress**

If you have other than Win7 Starter it should work as far as i know.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you enable the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection" option for the network adapter you will be using to share connection? (e.g. Local Area Connection) You can find this option right-clicking the network connection you want to share and selecting Properties under the sharing tab, this in the same window where you got the name for your wireless connection name you input for the line:

macshift -i "YOUR WIFI CONNECTION NAME"* macaddress**

If you have other than Win7 Starter it should work as far as i know.
i didnt enabled it but was enable already, right now it says the "[network name], shared"

also it seems that the 3ds saw the nintendo zone. but when i test it i cant get past the access point connection

lllAlbertolll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i didnt enabled it but was enable already, right now it says the "[network name], shared"

also it seems that the 3ds saw the nintendo zone. but when i test it i cant get past the access point connection

Sorry then i have no idea of what is worng then since i didn't use Windows to do this.

I have some questions i hope someone can answer, i'd like to give my MAC address to some friends so we can streetpass between us, my question is: how could i do this? i think they could access through my modem but i'd prefer a different way, though if someone can detail me how to do this (giving access to my AP with my own MAC address using whatever method) it would be good too.

Undispu7ed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't let me change my Wireless Adapter's Mac. I'm using windows 7 and D-Link DWA-140 USB dongle. It's teling me that the first octet has to start with 00 and I can't use 4E53504F4F46. Should I just get a new wireless adapter? Or can this be bypassed?

acaciaKS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey,

any suggestions?

You sure (1) attwifi is your only Internet Connection on the 3DS, and (2) you entered the password you set up on the virtual router into your 3DS Connection setup correctly?

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes and yes... i mean how hard can it be to put the password 12345678...

what encryption does it uses? right now i am using wpa2-psk aes

i tried connecting to the wifi from my phone, as i suspected it gets stuck at obtaining ip...

i am missing something? who is the dhcp in this whole picture?

acaciaKS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i tried connecting to the wifi from my phone, as i suspected it gets stuck at obtaining ip...

My understanding is your modem/router is still the DHCP server... Good luck.

lllAlbertolll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

It seems to me like you just can't share internet, while i tried with Win7 i had to do some configurations:

Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
Click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
On the Tasks menu (at the left), click Turn Windows features on or off.
Find Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1, click the expand button +
Mark the WCF Non-Http Activation Components box and save the setting and the WCF HTTP Activation if they aren't marked yet.

Try again using Virtual Router Manager, make sure you're sharing from your Local Area Connection if you're using ethernet cable and make sure you're dosconnected from any wireless network.

driph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is for routers with DD-WRT firmware, micro build is not supported yet
The v4.0 script is the main now!
This script also can be used with ASUS WL-5xx and RT-N1x custom firmware and on Ubuntu Linux PC

Insert script in Administration - Commands (for WL500G custom firmware just use three commands one-by-one in System Setup - System Command or use Telnet/SSH client):
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://goo.gl/XBMJK9; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh
and push Run Commands. This script will install the MAC changing script to your system, set up cron daemon to run the script. You can change the MAC lists to get and time period to run the MAC change, just go to Administration - Management - Cron and edit the line. You can change the first and the second asterisks to set the working period and frequency of MAC change, e.x. "*/2 1-7 * * *..." will run MAC change from 1:00 to 07:59 (am) every two minutes.

Out of curiosity, what is the default time period for MAC refreshes, assuming the user stays with * * * *...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny