Status
Not open for further replies.

Qoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm on the 4E53504F4F46 but i had only one encounter until now, is that normal? I'm in my mother's house, in my house i used the router method and i had many encounters in little time.

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One streetpass per MAC address per 8 hours is the limit. Which is why you need to automatically change your MAC address using a batch file or program.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that is normal, you only get one streetpass hit per mac address. To get more all you have to do is cycle through the mac address listing.

The router method uses a script that automatically cycles through a list of mac address for you.

Qoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One streetpass per MAC address per 8 hours is the limit. Which is why you need to automatically change your MAC address using a batch file or program.

In my house i had 5~10 encounters in less than 10minutes without change the MAC.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
You are using duke_srg script for dd-wrt routers right?

That script automatically changes the mac address for you after a certain time period.

Qoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now i'm having another troubles.

1 - Everytime i change the MAC the Virtual Router Manager stops the connection.
2 - Also for some reason i cant use scripts such the Chaldron's one, they don't change the MAC

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
1 - Everytime i change the MAC the Virtual Router Manager stops the connection.

If you start the connection again after changing the mac address does everything work again?

2 - Also for some reason i cant use scripts such the Chaldron's one, they don't change the MAC

For Chaldron's script you need to rename your physical wireless adaptor to "Wi-Fi" for it to work.

Qoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you start the connection again after changing the mac address does everything work again?

For Chaldron's script you need to rename your physical wireless adaptor to "Wi-Fi" for it to work.

If i click to start again it work, but i have to click every on start everytime that i change the MAC. And thank you, i'll try change to Wi-Fi

Edit: Hmm, curious, with the Chaldron's script the Virtual Router doesn't stop.

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
When you get Chaldron's script working does the hotspot connection automatically restart or do you have to manually start it again each time you change the mac address?

Qoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When you get Chaldron's script working does the hotspot connection automatically restart or do you have to manually start it again each time you change the mac address?

Yes, but which is the ideal time to set in the script? I just seted 60 seconds but i'm not sure if is the ideal

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
The minimum ideal time is determined by how long it takes from the change of the mac address to when you get a streetpass hit. You can experiment to see how long on average that is for you.

Qoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The minimum ideal time is determined by how long it takes from the change of the mac address to when you get a streetpass hit. You can experiment to see how long on average that is for you.

So the ideal is see how is the average time that i spent to encounter someone and set it?

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah if you set the time too low then you won't be able to get a streetpass hit before the mac address is changed. Apart from this minimum limit the time you set is completely up to you.

benben88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

For Windows XP + Nintendo Wifi connector, if you don't want to use Technitium you may change it using few windows cmd

reg.exe DELETE "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\0010" /v NetworkAddress /f
reg.exe ADD "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\0010" /v NetworkAddress /t REG_SZ /d 4E53504F4F46
devcon restart "USB\VID_0411&PID_008B"

* Replace 0010 in reg.exe lines by the good one (check good value in registry it's the one containing BUFFALO in DriverDesc)
* Download devcon from MS : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272/en

Then you will be able to automate a little bit....

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anybody else getting an error on there 3ds sometimes when changing there mac and getting a streetpass hit? because this happens to me sometimes an error has occurred hold down the power button???

darren42

Trophies
XP
Country
No I haven't encountered an error when changing the mac address and getting a streetpass hit.

However on the rare occasion I have encountered an error when playing the streetpass games where I had to restart my 3DS.

litchpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have the same problem after completely re-installing my Wireless Driver.

Whenever I change the MAC address, it stays at "resetting adapter..."
reset.png

Whenever this happens, by Wireless Networks completely disappear from available networks. I tried enabling the wireless network by right clicking it on "change adapter settings" and selecting "enable". A prompt screen says it is enabling but disappears a second after and nothing happens. The only way to enable it is completely shutting down the computer. And the whole thing cycles again, once I change the MAC, it stays at "resetting adapter..."

I really don't know what I am doing wrong :(

TaunTaun 22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES FINALLY GOT IT WORKING AFTER 3 WHOLE DAYS OF TRYING!!!! :D VERY EXCITED TO JOIN YOU ALL

LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE GETS A MII FROM FLORIDA,USA NAMED DAVID WITH A GREEN SHIRT AND A SUPER STAR HAT OR CAPTAIN FALCON HELMET

Reactions: keyra

Phile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
two simple road blocks:

ICS needs the network of 192.168.0.1 so change your routers network to 192.168.1.1 (that should allow ICS)

with mac shift you need to have the program in the same target directory so that in cmd you can run it. but what i want to mention which again is crucial to get this working is change the WiFi adapters name to "Wi-Fi" also use MACycle.
it makes changing the macs a whole lot easier in windows.

Good luck and see you on homepass

And how do i change that network, or where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone