Status
Not open for further replies.

Rynelan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Edit: still carnt get it to work if i connect my laptop to the router virtual router application only lets me do local area connection. The application only lets me do the one connected to the internet also when i do the cmd that says macshift it doesnt work unless i put macshift.cpp and then it sort of works but it says it doesnt know what program can use the application

Where is your macshift.exe located? Move all the files of macshift to the root of C:\

then open CMD in administrator mode.

typ cd\ and press enter, you will see C:\> only

type
Code:
macshift -i "name of connection" 4E53504F4F46
press enter.. and it should work

The part name of connection you can find at Network Connection, you'll see LAN Connection, Wi-Fi or Wireless Connection Device or something like that.. if it's Wi-Fi (like me) the code should be.

Code:
macshift -i "Wi-Fi" 4E53504F4F46

Do not enter the SSID!

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Code:
Macshift -i "Your Wireless connection name" 4E53504F4F46
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi  key=SomeNetworkPassword
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

If anyone wants to try it and post feedback so i can update the tutorial, please do so; i won't be able to keep testing 'till i get back home, in a few hours.

I tried this, but it was the same result as before. Nintendo Zone icon lights up, but won't connect to Nintendo Zone. I tried both with a key and without. However, this method should work for the people that use the Virtual Router Manager, since it's basically the same thing. The only difference is that you're doing it through cmd prompt.

OliverReed

Trophies
XP
Country
Where is your macshift.exe located? Move all the files of macshift to the root of C:\

then open CMD in administrator mode.

typ cd\ and press enter, you will see C:\> only

type
Code:
macshift -i "name of connection" 4E53504F4F46
press enter.. and it should work

The part name of connection you can find at Network Connection, you'll see LAN Connection, Wi-Fi or Wireless Connection Device or something like that.. if it's Wi-Fi (like me) the code should be.

Code:
macshift -i "Wi-Fi" 4E53504F4F46

Do not enter the SSID!

Hi thanks i now have the mac address working properly but still my 3ds cannot connect. I typed macsift -i "Local Area Connection" 4E53504F4F46 and this time it worked. but on virtual router manager i put the ssid as attwifi and shared connection as local area connection and then it doesnt connect on my 3ds just detects it

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Has someone used my default MAC configuration? :P I got 4 streetpass hits, SignZ, bianka, kamiyan and ERV-MX, my MAC is this one:

A6-F3-C1-0B-C6-7E

I can't change it yet, but back on this thread I posted my current unchanged MAC adress, when I received the streetpass hits I was "WTF finally I did it", but I gues that's not the case, just someone of you used my MAC configuration :P.

BTW my mii is Dartz150 and has a Pixelated Mario Cap, last software used: M&L: Dream Team Demo

Reactions: signz

Rynelan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi thanks i now have the mac address working properly but still my 3ds cannot connect. I typed macsift -i "Local Area Connection" 4E53504F4F46 and this time it worked. but on virtual router manager i put the ssid as attwifi and shared connection as local area connection and then it doesnt connect on my 3ds just detects it

As I am reading it now you want to change the MAC address of your wired connection, that's wrong.. You need a wireless card or a WiFi USB dongle. You must change the MAC address of that device and in Virtual Router you must choose the LAN to share with your wireless device.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tried it again, I do this:

Code:
Macshift -i "Wi-Fi" 4E53504F4F46
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi  key="My pass"

and get the same error, the system is not in a state to run the hosted network :(

OliverReed

Trophies
XP
Country
As I am reading it now you want to change the MAC address of your wired connection, that's wrong.. You need a wireless card or a WiFi USB dongle. You must change the MAC address of that device and in Virtual Router you must choose the LAN to share with your wireless device.

but which device should be connected to the internet?

elridge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there some method for windows 8 which is easy to do on a laptop and does not have too hard?
Try this method: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-9#post-4739304
I got it to work on Windows 7, but people are reporting that it works (maybe with some tweaking on the MAC spoofing) on Windows 8.

My adapter is shown as this on the Network Connections screen:

Wireless Network Connection 2
attwifi
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
When I was following the instructions I typed:
"macshift -i "Wireless Network Connection 2" 4E53504F4F46"

Wait, which connection is which? You need to identify the following:
1) Your wired connection's name.
2)Your wireless connection's name.
3) The Virtual Miniport Adapter's name.

I.E: In the machine i'm using right now, i have
1) Local Area Connection (Wired)
2) Wireless Network Connection 3 (Wireless)
3) Wireless Network Connection 4 (Virtual Connection)

The Local Area Connection (1) should be connected via network cable to your internet.
The wireless network connection (2) should be DISCONNECTED from any wireless connections.
Also, you have to change the MAC of the wireless network connection (2) with macshift.
You don't have to do anything with your virtual connection.

Tried it again, I do this:

Code:
Macshift -i "Wi-Fi" 4E53504F4F46
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi  key="My pass"

and get the same error, the system is not in a state to run the hosted network :(

Maybe i'm being obvious here, but remember that the password shouldn't be in quotes. It should be a single alphanumeric sentence, without spaces:

key="this is my pass" <-- is wrong
key=thisismypass <-- is correct

felipeshaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm using Android, I've setup WiFi Tether, I succesfully got my 3DS to recognize the network as a Nintendo Zone, but it seems the MAC change isn't going through, according to inSSIDer, as the screenshot shows.

Mac Address Spoof is obviously checked, and I've got 4e:53:50:4f:4f:46 as the configured MAC.
The app is not bugged out, because if I remove a character or "break" the mac somehow, the thing won't work at all.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss any steps?

Attachments

• attwifi.png
    attwifi.png
    1 KB · Views: 492

Semajer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try this method: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-9#post-4739304
I got it to work on Windows 7, but people are reporting that it works (maybe with some tweaking on the MAC spoofing) on Windows 8.

The Local Area Connection (1) should be connected via network cable to your internet.
The wireless network connection (2) should be DISCONNECTED from any wireless connections.
Also, you have to change the MAC of the wireless network connection (2) with macshift.

Okay, I thought you had to change the MAC of the adapter that the virtual router is set to. I've changed the MAC of my Wireless Network Connection, and now it's working. Thanks a lot.

Reactions: elridge

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Maybe i'm being obvious here, but remember that the password shouldn't be in quotes. It should be a single alphanumeric sentence, without spaces:

key="this is my pass" <-- is wrong
key=thisismypass <-- is correct

Yep I put it without quotes, it's only an example

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm using Android, I've setup WiFi Tether, I succesfully got my 3DS to recognize the network as a Nintendo Zone, but it seems the MAC change isn't going through, according to inSSIDer, as the screenshot shows.

Mac Address Spoof is obviously checked, and I've got 4e:53:50:4f:4f:46 as the configured MAC.
The app is not bugged out, because if I remove a character or "break" the mac somehow, the thing won't work at all.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss any steps?

I'll give you my settings (Samsung Galaxy S2):

Device profile: Samsung Galaxy S2 (most people use Generic ICS/JB (wlan0), but it doesn't work for me. If you have a different phone, try seeing if it's in the list and select it. If it's not there, I suggest to just try it with all of the phone profiles)
Setup: Auto
SSID: attwifi
MAC spoof: checked
Change MAC: 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46 <-- I don't think small or capital letters make a difference though.
Routing fix: checked
Vibrate on connect: checked (prolly doesn't matter)
Disable Update-Check: checked (doesn't matter)
Disable Wake-Lock: checked (prolly doesn't matter)

For me, it doesn't work if I have any of the WiFi-driver reload options checked. It seems to mess it up for me and it won't get spoofed well (I check it with the terminall app with the command "busybox iplink show wlan0" (without quotation marks). Dunno about Send Netd Max Client and Send No Tether-Interface, but I have them unchecked.

Hope it helps.

EdIwin3052

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently using a linksys/cisco 2500 router flashed with DDWRT v-24 sp.2 mini. Unable to get an internet connection. Have tried the mac clone instructions since my DSL doesnt not use PPP0E, but not sure if i am doing them correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves