[HOW-TO] Have a homemade Streetpass Relay

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by dicamarques, Aug 9, 2013.

?
  1. Linux

90 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Android

132 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Router

225 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Windows

418 vote(s)
    36.3%
  5. A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

286 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. dicamarques
    OP

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    TRIPLE POST :o

2. Javeman

Javeman Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2013
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hey guys, first poster.

I managed to make it work using my Dell laptop with Windows 7 on a Wi-Fi connection. No wired setup. I used a combination of TMac and Virtual Router Manager.

Basically it's the same idea as the MacShift/VRM method, except you use TMac to change the MAC address instead. After several changes I cycled through most of the MACs and got plenty of tags.

elridge and Dartz150 like this.
  3. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    If you tell how the fuck you did it I give you all of my cookies ;O; pretty please tell me how you did it

4. Dragoon709

Dragoon709 GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2008
    Canada
    Anywhere there are games
    For the love of my sanity please tell me how you did that... I am using almost exactly the same setup and it will not work for me at all....

5. Dartz150

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    By the way OP, dicamarques I noticed my MAC is on the Misc list, my MAC device is Virtual Router w/Windows 8, can't change MAC adress since it borkes the connection, until a solution comes up.

6. Javeman

Javeman Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2013
    Cote d'Ivoire
    OK, here's how I did it.

- Download TMac and Virtual Router Manager and install them both.

- Run CMD as Admin and enter this code:

Code:
    netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow
    - On TMac, change the MAC address of your Wi-Fi to the desired MAC from the spreadsheet. If you're only connected to the Internet through Wi-Fi, it should be the only connection that reads "Up" and "Operational".

- On VRM, create a new hotspot with SSID "attwifi". Use whatever password you want. On "Shared Connection" choose your Wireless connection. Name may vary, but the only other option should be "None", so don't pick that. Click "Start Virtual Router"

- Go to System Settings on your 3DS, and search for a new connection. It should find one named "attwifi". Try connecting to that one, and enter the password you chose at VRM. Try connecting to it until it fully succeeds, as it may not work on first try.

- Go back to the 3DS main menu and wait a few seconds until it detects Nintendo Zone. Wait a couple of minutes and you should get a StreetPass.

- To try a different MAC, you have to stop VRM, change the MAC on TMac, and go to 3DS System Setting, delete the connection and start all over. I couldn't get it to work by simply changing the MAC.

7. Dartz150

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    Got the same error as the macshift method :(

8. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    our problem possibly is the wi fi chipset. mine is atheros AR5007EG. it just disables the wi fi virtual hotspot whenever the MAC is changed.

btw can someone please make his MAC address 06-1B-9E-28-FB-B2 and connect?

this way i can have a spotpass (and you too) as i can't change my MAC and i can take spotpass only from this MAC.

thanks in advance.

9. Koldur

Koldur Virtual Boy Ambassador

Feb 2, 2008
    Netherlands
    For some reason the cron script really does not want to run on my WRT54G v5.1 with DD-WRT on it, I am running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) micro - build 13064 on it. I tried everything but it just does not want to work, anyone got advice? Thanks!

10. Dragoon709

Dragoon709 GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2008
    Canada
    Anywhere there are games
    Mine is Atheros AR5B97 chipset and I am getting the same thing....

11. dicamarques
    OP

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    EVERYONE
    Linux has just became simpler. Fixed the issue that had the somebunny script that you had to run soft.sh everytime when you boot your computer. Plus changed the mac addres and now no need to edit the script for changing the interfaces. Heres a example: sudo ./home_zone spoof1 wlan1 eth0
    I changed the name to home_zone so people can find the difference easier.
    Check the guide please

12. zero22x

zero22x Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2006
    United States
    Hey guys,

My setup is as follows: Internet > ISP-provided modem/wirelress router (with router functions disabled) > Apple Airport

The ISP-provided modem does not allow for MAC address changing, and neither does the Airport.I do, however, have a spare DDWRT wireless router that I want to add to my setup solely for the use as a streetpass relay access point.

Can anyone direct me as to how I would set this up, which ports to plug where, ect? For example, would I connect the DDWRT to my modem or airport?

Thanks much.

13. dicamarques
    OP

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Never used a airport or seen one But connect it to the ISP router, and make sure the DDWRT router IP is different from the Apple one and the isp one

14. LAA

LAA GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2008
    Arghh noooo, so close.
    The Windows 7 Guide on the front page helped me some more, I didnt know the order of changing the mac address and the command to enable the Virtual wifi miniport, however, the Wireless Network Connection 3 which I change the mac for, which is given the attwifi SSID, doesnt connect to the internet when I change the mac, and I just noticed from installed TMac, that is actually says it has an INACTIVE MAC for Wireless Network Connection 3, which is guess what, 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46, not active however...

EDIT: Oh and I should have mentioned no internet access either.

Dont suppose anyone knows how to progress from there...?

I did try TMac a while ago to change my MAC, but it says something about the first 2 characters of a MAC address to be 02, so useless to me for this task.

15. Jimmy1994

Jimmy1994 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2010
    Greece
    Greece

I have exactly the same problem. Can someone please help?

16. LAA

LAA GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2008
    I just tried the "Wireless method" posted by Javeman, and it DID let me change my MAC sucessfully for my wireless card, however...
    Again, no internet access and my 3DS didnt even seem to want to connect to the AP...

*Prays for miracle that will end this torture...*

17. reprep

Jul 5, 2012
    does your "microsoft virtual wi fi miniport" device just disappear in network connections after you change the MAC? and is your wi fi card's chipset atheros?

18. LAA

LAA GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2008
    Nope, for some reason I actually have 2 microsoft virtual wifi miniports open, so I guess I dont even need to do that virtual wifi miniport step, but I do anyway.
    And no, my wifi chipset is an intel one. Intel wireless N-1000 I believe...

EDIT: Also incase it helps anyone, I found how to make your wireless AP access the internet if it hasnt been.
    On network sharing center, right click on the connection connected to the internet, go to properties, then go to the last tab (I think its sharing), and enable sharing and set it to the name of AP you want to have internet access (e.g. Wireless Network Connection 3).

That worked for me, however I guess the MAC of wireless network connection 3 isnt changing, only the MAC of the wireless card, so still need more help.

19. reprep

Jul 5, 2012
    alright, my problem is not same as yours then. it seems some atheros chipset wifi cards autamatically disable virtual hotspot when the MAC is spoofed.

20. Walkin

Walkin travel

Mar 14, 2008
    United States
    Thanks, got it working. **happy dance**

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted