Hacking How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer

Mar!to

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody please link me to the files needed to perform this tutorial (big moe's installer v3) please?

Thank you very much.
gbasp.gif

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ ^
PM Him for the installer. Speaking of which, No one answered my question yet. Sorry for being pushy T-T'

IOwnAndPwnU said:
Because there is a list of essential guides like these.

I have some questions.

1. To confirm, I only need http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119216 one time?

2. Can you please send me all the files required for the tutorial, for 3.3U and 3.4U (tell me if they're the same).

3. Will I need Wi-Fi connection throughout the process?

4. Will this allow me to play back-up games on my Nintendo Wii (can change region with regionfrii). After doing this tutorial, do I just insert the burned game and go to the default disc channel (the very first one)? Or do I have to go through some loaders (freeloader, Gecko OS, what the hell are these, explain it please). And can I play online with these games?

5. To make sure, I can still play original copies (such as Wii Sports and Super Smash Brothers Brawl).

6. What is the chance of me bricking it? Can it be unbricked some how ....

7. I have 3.3U right now, should I get 3.4U first and then do the tutorial?

8. My friend has 3.4U, to confirm, that should be fine.

Edit: Please send me all the files (for both 3.3U and 3.4U, if it's different).

have the bolded questions as well.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Platinum* said:
^ ^
PM Him for the installer. Speaking of which, No one answered my question yet. Sorry for being pushy T-T'

IOwnAndPwnU said:

I have some questions.

1. To confirm, I only need http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119216 one time?

2. Can you please send me all the files required for the tutorial, for 3.3U and 3.4U (tell me if they're the same).

4. Will this allow me to play back-up games on my Nintendo Wii (can change region with regionfrii). After doing this tutorial, do I just insert the burned game and go to the default disc channel (the very first one)? Or do I have to go through some loaders (freeloader, Gecko OS, what the hell are these, explain it please). And can I play online with these games?

5. To make sure, I can still play original copies (such as Wii Sports and Super Smash Brothers Brawl).

have the bolded questions as well.
Will try and do my best to answer your questions. I'm not sure where the "pro's" are today.
1. Not sure what you mean by "only one time". All of the files you need are enclosed in the one download.

2. If you read the tutorial it will tell you what to do for the different versions 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 etc. It will give you instructions on downgrading to 3.2 if you have higher. They also say it's best to stay at that version and not upgrade. It's the most stable at this time.

3. Yes you'll need the internet to do this.

4. Yes the main purpose is so you can play back up games on your Wii. No need to cange region. You'll load them through a "loader" not through the main disc channel. Big Moe includes a few different loaders in his files, Gamma and sofchip I believe. Instructions are in the tutorial. Yes you'll still be able to play online.

5. Yes you can still play regular games.

6. There's a slim chance it will brick it, but none the less still a chance. If it does brick I believe they have a good success rate at unbricking them. (Make sure to leave all of Big Moe's files on your SD card incase of a brick)

7 & 8. The files for all versions are in the download and instructions for those versions are in the download as well.

Suggestion: Read and re-read the tutorial! Take your time and do each step as instructed and you should be fine.
Good luck
biggrin.gif

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That clears up some of my/our questions, but my first one still hasn't bee answered (on the previous page)
unsure.gif

The file I got in he PM is unable to open and not like as shown in the tutorial. Instead of showing you where to extract the files, I just get an error saying the file is not a valid Win32 Application...

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Platinum* said:
That clears up some of my/our questions, but my first one still hasn't bee answered (on the previous page)
unsure.gif

The file I got in he PM is unable to open and not like as shown in the tutorial. Instead of showing you where to extract the files, I just get an error saying the file is not a valid Win32 Application...
You downloaded an executable file right? It should be named : How To Hack Wii Consoles For Dummies By Big Moe's Installer v3.exe
You also need to have WinRar.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
georgecoat said:
BIG MOE,
is you package containing loader with 002Fix?

Read here: 002Fix Gamma Loader with HTML guide by djtaz
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108959

yes , there is two channels made by me one for Gamma and One for SoftChip with 002fix , enjoy

MaDTaZ said:
I am looking for the installer v3 do you still have to pm Big Moe for it

check your PM
wink.gif

FireFreek said:
That DVD dumper program made by Waninkoko(is that how you spell it?) says it needs a custom IOS or something. Is this the same one that is installed in your guide?

yes it's IOS36 Rev7 by Waninkoko acting as Cios249
wink.gif

QUOTE(dannyboy_676 @ Jan 3 2009, 01:12 PM) Well at last it worked.
I used a dvd (dvd-r) from a friend with a backed up game and the backup launcher started.

I can see now it's 0.3 gamma. IOS249.

But still it looks different then it looks with my friends Wii. He also has 0.3 gamma but the interface on tv looks different. How come?

The second difference is that I have Homebrew Channel on my dashboard (wii menu with the rest of the channels) and his HBC can be seen just after he starts Backup launcher. Its behind the backup launcher. How come?

When I want to uninstall the HBC (not the Backup Launcher), what do I need to do?

Regards,
DC

your setup is right , HBC should be in the dash board , and Gamma channels are many at the moments , many Coders make there own so that does not matter really the point is does it boot backups or not
wink.gif
don't uninstall HBC just reinstall it , it's better

QUOTE(MamaTJ @ Jan 3 2009, 05:31 PM)
Very nice, i would try.. but i'm a noob
smile.gif

Me too, but I took my time to read the information and understand it before I did it (about 2 weeks!). Big Moe's version 3 is laid out pretty darn well.

-Machine

We were all noobs the first time we did it
wink.gif

As Machine said, read, read and read! I think I read this whole thread about 3 times before I had the courage to try. Take your time, read each step in the tutorial carefully, do it as described and voila! If you have any questions the pro's here are very helpful
smile.gif

thanks a lot to all of you , I'm flattered , and happy to be surrounded with nice people like you guys
grog.gif
cheers

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
dannyboy_676 said:
I used the "Wii Softmodding for Dummies V2 - All in one" tutorial and the files included.
So Im not sure whether the difference with the modded Wii of my friend is due to using "Big Moe's version".
He had it modded by someone and I dont know how they did it.

Can someone enlighten me on that?

Regards,
DC

if you use my installer , you will be setup right , your friends Wii may coasted him some money or service which we don't encourage others to do , cause we give it out for free , but they could have manipulated the code so HBC doesn't show or they did somthing wrong , but with my installer don't be worry buddy you are safe
wink.gif

Dal_boy said:
Cheers Big Moe
grog.gif
rolleyes.gif

I've followed the guide and I'm now I'm all setup
gbasp.gif
Easy peasy.

thanks , and I'm happy for you , enjoy it
wink.gif

ctran said:
BIG MOE said:
~snip
*Prepair Wii Console For Downgrade:

(NOTE: this section only for 3.3 and 3.4 Consoles for lower versions go to next step)

1- Go to HBC and run (1-Wad Manager 1.3) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder , select
(IOS16-64-v257-prod) from list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
2- Go to HBC and run (2-Custom Wad Manager 16) , Select SD card to browse the Wad folder ,
select (Cios_fix) from the list and press + to install , now exit and reboot system .
PS:if you get error = -1035 please follow these steps to solve it ( thanks to OLVAP337 for this infos )
- First run anytitle deleter and skip errors and if u see ios249 try deleting it is uncessfull (probably)
- try with cios_uninstaller v1.1 (also fail probably)
- then use cios_uninstaller v1.0 (sucess probably)
- then install ios 16 with wad manager and cios_fix with custom wad manager
- then continue steps
wink.gif

3- Go to HBC and Run (3-IOS Downgrader) and that will downgrade your IOSs to get advantage of
turcha bug .(if any errors accured run the downgrader again til no more errors)

------------------------------------------------------

when trying to install cIOS_fix.wad in the custom WADManagerIOS16 , i get
>> Installing Ticket... ERROR! [ret = -2011 ]
how can i fix this?

try it again , try WadManagerv1.3 , be sure internet connection is working , reinstall IOS16 , then try it again

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
ctran said:
also, how do i install IOS249? is it in the DVDx install? (please delete if you find this post to be against the rules.)

IOS249 is the same as Cios249 and that is the IOS that allow the loaders and homebrew and many other apps to have access to the Wii nand and run the Code on the Wii
wink.gif
in my installer I use IOS36 rev7 written by Waninkoko as an acting Cios249 with homebrew and Gamma support
wink.gif

IOwnAndPwnU said:

I have some questions.

1-yes
wink.gif

2-check your PM , yes it's the same
wink.gif

3-yes
wink.gif

4-Search and Read , should be your new friends , knowledge is great (you should be at age to feed yourself before doing the hack cause I don't bottle feed my friend )
wink.gif

5-yes
wink.gif

6-USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
wink.gif

7-no
wink.gif

8-yes
wink.gif

MamaTJ said:
QUOTE(Platinum* @ Jan 3 2009, 08:18 PM)
unsure.gif

You downloaded an executable file right? It should be named : How To Hack Wii Consoles For Dummies By Big Moe's Installer v3.exe
You also need to have WinRar.
as MamaTJ told you ,you have to have Winrar and Admin Permissions to be able to extract the files

thebert1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i have installed everything following the guide (thx BIG MOE!) but i have an issue with softchip (not that big of a problem since gamma loader works fine but..): it loads correctly, using cIOS 248 but when I try to load a game (FYI i tried with Wii Music, Animal crossing and Disaster) it just freezes. The disc doesn't even start to spin... any clue?

Bye.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, Big Moe, I have a question about the file you sent (the installer v3 .exe), does that contain all the files I need? Like does it just put everything on my SD card without me having to do anything?

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Hey, Big Moe, I have a question about the file you sent (the installer v3 .exe), does that contain all the files I need? Like does it just put everything on my SD card without me having to do anything?
QUOTE(BIG MOE @ Nov 29 2008, 08:31 AM) *Twilight Hack & Homebrew Channel:

1- extract downloaded file to your desktop.
a - Twilight Hack & Homebrew Channel Full Installation .
b - Big Moe Installer v2 double click it and browse to the
drive that present SD card "example (G:) or (F:)"
press ok then press install .
c - Last Step After Finishing Installation . ( Added in Installer v3 )
2- go to TH & HC folder on desktop then go to step 1 TH folder and :
a - pick the right data.bin file that match your zelda
game disc according to the chart:
Just follow Big Moe's instructions as per page one of this thread. And yes it does contain all of the files you need for all Wii versions.

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
as MamaTJ told you ,you have to have Winrar and Admin Permissions to be able to extract the files

I have both. As I said earlier, the file comes as a .download and then somehow transforms into another file which requires you to "run" it (exe). No exctracting was ever involved in this process. I didn't get a RAR Archive file or anything, just one file. >_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course