Hacking How to go online properly after install emunand?

max8x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi everyone. I was using my jailbroken Switch to play offline and now I want use it to play online (I will buy games legit). I'm using Emunand with SX OS pro. Also,I had never conected my switch to the internet, all the jailbroken process and hombrew instalation was done offline. I was so careful with everything that I enabled Autorcm to avoid burn any efuses (I still haven't burn any).
I always update the firmware through ChoiDujourNX and currently I'm at 11 FW on the emunand, I don't know by the way if after install a new FW on emunand that means I updated Sysnand too, so I have no idea what OFW I have on my sysnand. I just wanted to know if there is a way to see if everything is OK with my console before going online, like check logs or confirm that there are no traces of CFW on my sysnand, the idea is not get banned. If you guys have any advices on how I shall proceed or have any relevant information about going online I would really appreciate it..

Thanks in advance for the answers :D.

Cheers.

Last edited by max8x,

max8x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks for your answer d1ddle, I checked the post you shared and learned one or two things, but I still have some doubts.
So (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please), I think that all I have to do now is turn off AutoRcm, take off my sdcard (where emunand is installed), run sysnand, let efuses burn, install the last OFW through nintendo servers and start playing online with my paid games, that's all?. Also, It's necesary to use incognito + 90 dns if I'm going to take off my sd card (where emunand is installed) before use Sysnand online?.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer d1ddle, I checked the post you shared and learned one or two things, but I still have some doubts.
So (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please), I think that all I have to do now is turn off AutoRcm, take off my sdcard (where emunand is installed), run sysnand, let efuses burn, install the last OFW through nintendo servers and start playing online with my paid games, that's all?. Also, It's necesary to use incognito + 90 dns if I'm going to take off my sd card (where emunand is installed) before use Sysnand online?.
No you do not need to burn fuses, uninstall AutoRCM, or remove your SD card in order to go online as nobody has been banned thus far for any of these factors. It is also not necessary to use either Incognito or 90DNS let alone both just because you remove your SD card.

Reactions: PikachuPro

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering about this for my particular situation as well. I have a quadboot setup (android, Linux, EmuNAND, SysNAND) but I am ready to ditch the old SD card and replace it with a larger one running just a file-based EmuNAND setup. I have restored the virgin NAND to the switch previously and have updated through the nintendo network some time ago before creating my partitions for EmuNAND, Linux, and Android.

Can't blame me for being overcautious, but I should be good to go with just swapping out the SD creating an offline EmuNAND with a fake account linked to it and installing all the NSPs there without and keeping the sysnand clean right?

Also nintendo can ban you for AutoRCM?

Last edited by konamicode89,

djcraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply put, you can play online using sysnand so long as you don't boot custom firmware on it. That's the safest. You can boot into sysnand through hekate to avoid burning fuses. It doesn't matter how you get to your sysnand FW, just so long as CFW isn't loaded. I've gone online a couple of times while running CFW and haven't been banned. I think it's generally safe so long as you don't do anything fishy, but the safest bet is to just not run CFW online.

Reactions: konamicode89
D

Deleted User

Simply put, you can play online using sysnand so long as you don't boot custom firmware on it. That's the safest. You can boot into sysnand through hekate to avoid burning fuses. It doesn't matter how you get to your sysnand FW, just so long as CFW isn't loaded. I've gone online a couple of times while running CFW and haven't been banned. I think it's generally safe so long as you don't do anything fishy, but the safest bet is to just not run CFW online.
Yeah I think its generally safe unless you cheat, use a title swapped game, use LayeredFS (not as likely) and others etc

konamicode89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thanks for verifying! I never used online play so I needed to be absolutely sure

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering about this for my particular situation as well. I have a quadboot setup (android, Linux, EmuNAND, SysNAND) but I am ready to ditch the old SD card and replace it with a larger one running just a file-based EmuNAND setup. I have restored the virgin NAND to the switch previously and have updated through the nintendo network some time ago before creating my partitions for EmuNAND, Linux, and Android.

Can't blame me for being overcautious, but I should be good to go with just swapping out the SD creating an offline EmuNAND with a fake account linked to it and installing all the NSPs there without and keeping the sysnand clean right?

Also nintendo can ban you for AutoRCM?
I should add on that while Nintendo can ban for AutoRCM, they have not done so yet meaning it could change in the future.

Reactions: konamicode89

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol