Hacking How to go into SysNAND on Luma

Evilengine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please excuse, if this is a very easy thing to do, I found no info via search.

I am on A9LH and Luma, and I don't know how to boot into regular SysNAND mode (to install the M3DSReal_Launcher.cia).
I already installed it in Luma mode and got Hourglass 9 to install the FBI Installer back to the H&S app(was putting it back after following the 3DS.guide), but tried every L or R button pressing method while starting combined with Luma settings Auto Start Sys Nand and the second option "use SysNAND FIRM if starting with R" seems not to start it. I also created a Dump of the SysNAND...

NTR also seems not to start from Luma, says unknown FW or similar...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Please excuse, if this is a very easy thing to do, I found no info via search.

I am on A9LH and Luma, and I don't know how to boot into regular SysNAND mode (to install the M3DSReal_Launcher.cia).
I already installed it in Luma mode and got Hourglass 9 to install the FBI Installer back to the H&S app(was putting it back after following the 3DS.guide), but tried every L or R button pressing method while starting combined with Luma settings Auto Start Sys Nand and the second option "use SysNAND FIRM if starting with R" seems not to start it. I also created a Dump of the SysNAND...

NTR also seems not to start from Luma, says unknown FW or similar...
L should do it.
Anyway, are you sure you have emuNAND? Go into System Settings and look at the firmware version. It should say Sys or Emu. If it doesn't, hold Select while booting and enable "Show current NAND in system settings" (not the exact name, but it's named something like that) and try again.
If you are indeed on emuNAND, it would be advisable to move your emuNAND to sysNAND following this guide: https://3ds.guide/move-emunand
emuNAND serves no purpose when you have A9LH and only wastes space.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Evilengine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lol I thought there is still the regular sysNAND, was using an emuNAND with GW most of the time, now I wasn't totally used to only one NAND...
Well, what a shame, the M3 Real won't boot up...
still wondering why NTR FW won't boot, I always get an error...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
lol I thought there is still the regular sysNAND, was using an emuNAND with GW most of the time, now I wasn't totally used to only one NAND...
Well, what a shame, the M3 Real won't boot up...
still wondering why NTR FW won't boot, I always get an error...
If you're using Gateway, never ever boot Gateway mode on sysNAND - your a9lh installation will get removed and you'll be left on an unhackable stock console.

Evilengine

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did not intend to start the GW ever again.
I installed the Launcher cia, but it stays at a black screen when I start the Launcher(when the M3 cart is inserted holding the provided wood software on its mSD).
M3 cart was working when i last tested. GW red cart is working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong