smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
TempStyle 3.2 was explicitly designed to be as close to TempStyle 3 as possible, with some minor improvements and new features. If it's such an abomination that you want to ‘rip your eyes out,’ switching back to the old version wouldn't change much.
By the way, voting only exists in some specific thread types, like this one. Most other places still only have likes (and their reskins).

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
TempStyle 3.2 was explicitly designed to be as close to TempStyle 3 as possible, with some minor improvements and new features. If it's such an abomination that you want to ‘rip your eyes out,’ switching back to the old version wouldn't change much.
By the way, voting only exists in some specific thread types, like this one. Most other places still only have likes (and their reskins).
V3.2 is still such a buggy mess that V3 is better.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
V3.2 is still such a buggy mess that V3 is better.
How about reporting the bugs with detailed description and maybe screenshots:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp...ack-thread-post-bugs-or-feedback-here.600102/

A lot more productive than SHOUTING HOW BAD EVERYTHING IS IN CAPS.
===============

The complete underlying forum software is a new major version. No surprise that not everything is 100% like before.
Transition to something new isn't perfect from day one.

Being used to something doesn't make accepting the new easy. Personally I found the transition from style 2 to style 3 harder. No need to rip your eyes out.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how about you let me just go back instead of me needing to report everything? Go ob, downvote my post, because everything new is of course the best.
So rather than say what's broken, you'd rather just complain and have it your way? Selfish, stuckup, and some explicatives explain your behavior to a T. I would think the general sentiment is 'if there's problems, report the problems. If you don't want to, bye!"

Nobody's forcing you to stay here but yourself. This forum doesn't change for you alone.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So rather than say what's broken, you'd rather just complain and have it your way? Selfish, stuckup, and some explicatives explain your behavior to a T. I would think the general sentiment is 'if there's problems, report the problems. If you don't want to, bye!"

Nobody's forcing you to stay here but yourself. This forum doesn't change for you alone.
This forum has discussions about how do you downgrade the firmwares for consoles, but you don't let me downgrade the version of the forum?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
This forum has discussions about how do you downgrade the firmwares for consoles, but you don't let me downgrade the version of the forum?
hi pal,

I'm sorry that you don't like it, it would help if you could be as specific as possible so we can help address your issues.

Unfortunately Xenforo 2 doesn't offer backwards compatibility for themes, which sucks, we had to redesign everything from scratch. That is why we can't go back to the old themes I'm afraid.

We couldn't stay under Xenforo 1.5 much longer due to end of support, there would eventually be security issues that would no longer be addressed. It had to be done.

But rest assured that at each ugprade there are people that are eventually unhappy. We do our best to hear their discontent and address it as much as we can. So please be sure to let us know what you dislike about the new theme and we'll do our best to offer solutions :)

cheers

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Also, what's broken is the ad filter because you let scam ads go through.
This is something that we've answered in the other threads, but I'll say it here once more: the ad network is working with us to update their code to suit the new theme. It should be resolved shortly.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
hi pal,

I'm sorry that you don't like it, it would help if you could be as specific as possible so we can help address your issues.

Unfortunately Xenforo 2 doesn't offer backwards compatibility for themes, which sucks, we had to redesign everything from scratch. That is why we can't go back to the old themes I'm afraid.

We couldn't stay under Xenforo 1.5 much longer due to end of support, there would eventually be security issues that would no longer be addressed. It had to be done.

But rest assured that at each ugprade there are people that are eventually unhappy. We do our best to hear their discontent and address it as much as we can. So please be sure to let us know what you dislike about the new theme and we'll do our best to offer solutions :)

cheers
Couldn't there at least be "Tempstyle 3.2 Legacy" which's frontend is identical to 3 but the backend is 3.2?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Couldn't there at least be "Tempstyle 3.2 Legacy" which's frontend is identical to 3 but the backend is 3.2?
that would mean creating an entirely new theme just for this, but for what exactly? I mean what is bothering you so badly? other than the ads situation which will be sorted out very soon

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And how about you let me just go back instead of me needing to report everything? Go ob, downvote my post, because everything new is of course the best.
I didn't want to come across rude. For your information: I did not click on "downvote" because I find it silly to downvote someone's opinion. The currently "-12" next to your initial post just made me facepalm. 🤦‍♀️ "New=better" is definitely not what I think. After any change the majority shouts: "Hooray! Everything is good. New. Shiny!!" and I fall silent because getting used to anything new is hard for me. My intention was only telling you that nobody can improve anything or address your problems if you just drop a: "Everything is bad, old one was better."

Removal of the old theme has technical reasons. Costello himself now stated what I could only assume: XenForo 1 is near end of life and XenForo 2 isn't theme backwards compatible. I would further assume that the admins would rather not have touched the pretty young tempStyle 3 if it wouldn't have been a necessity (could be wrong, really just an assumption). Creating a new theme along with the upgrade is double work (and if they wanted to do a new theme, why should they remove the old one if it worked out-of-the box in XF2?) Even the April fools theme stayed available until the upgrade – as long as it worked.
==========

To the Costello, shaunj66, tj_cool and anybody else that worked on the upgrade:
It was a shock at first and I didn't find anything. The new thing is so different, no subforums, and it will take some time to get used to everything. Still: AWESOME WORK! 👍

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
STILL YOU SHOULD LET ME DOWNGRADE.
Dude, ya gotta realize that if you bitch and complain like you are right now, nothing will change (not that it's going to anyway). You look like an entitled brat the way you are right now, there is a reason why you can't downgrade, so you should just accept it and move on. Besides, I don't think the new layout is THAT difficult to get used to.

Apparently downvotes exist now??? Why is this trying to be reddit
I seriously doubt that anybody cares about that except for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.