Hacking How to go back to official Firmware from A9LH

Dreis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, does anyone know how to go back to official firmware after installing A9LH on a N3DSXL?
i have been searching around but haven't seen any tutorial about this,
and also i heard that N3DSXL can be bricked if you uninstall it wrong.
Thanks in advance!

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to back up a SysNAND.bin dump before starting the process of installing A9LH.

You can restore that SysNAND.bin dump back to SysNAND to revert to the point before you installed it.

EDIT: As long as you follow Plailect's wiki guide exactly as it directs you to do, you will be fine.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IIRC flashing back the sysnand backup you have done before doing a9lh (because you have done it and saved it in a safe place, right?) will restore your 3ds to it's original state

D

Deleted User

Easiest way if you're using emuNAND is just flash emuNAND to sysNAND. (assuming you haven't region swapped or something)

Assuming you have no sysNAND backup that is.

Last edited by ,

Dreis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies, so just use decrypt9 to dump the sysnand backup?
I'm a bit confused since Plailect's guide has changed to using updated Sysnand, which if i understand correctly, copies EmuNand straight to 3ds SysNand?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies, so just use decrypt9 to dump the sysnand backup?
I'm a bit confused since Plailect's guide has changed to using updated Sysnand, which if i understand correctly, copies EmuNand straight to 3ds SysNand?
Correct, but make sure that you are restoring sysnand with FIRM0/FIRM1 protection disabled. You can do this by renaming the decrypt9.bin (or EmuNAND9.bin) payload as your arm9loaderhax.bin so it boots the program up before any CFW.

Just be careful with what you flash to SysNAND, or you will likely brick your system!

By the way, I'd definitely recommend following the Plailect guide: Despite the fact it copies emunand to sysnand, you still have the protection of being able to run decrypt9/emunand9 on boot. CFW blocks out any patches to FIRM0/FIRM1, so you really can't permanently brick, as long as you have a SysNAND.bin backup readily available. Having CFW on sysnand allows for faster read/write speeds (especially on N3DS) and makes GBA/DSi VC management much more convenient.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I heard that doing this will result in brick instead of newest firmware on new3ds.

That is correct, because as far as I understand, the N3DS-specific "secret sector" that is used to decrypt FIRM0/FIRM1 will still be corrupted, and thus trying to decrypt FIRM will result in it coming out as garbage (but A9LH is no longer there, R.I.P.), giving you a brick.

Reactions: astronautlevel

frosty5689

Trophies
XP
Country
Or you could install an earlier version of CFW that has no FIRM0/FIRM1 protection but that would update you to the latest and greatest that Nintendo has to offer.
Like others mentioned, it will brick N3DS. So it is best if we stop suggesting this method regardless if the person is on O3DS or N3DS. This option should only be attempted if the user has no backup and no EmuNAND and is using O3DS.

D

Deleted User

Or you could install an earlier version of CFW that has no FIRM0/FIRM1 protection but that would update you to the latest and greatest that Nintendo has to offer.
I thought updating would brick the 3ds permanently though with that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-