How to get to System Settings if Autoboot is set up in Priiloader?

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how many people are still here since the Wii is kind of outdated, but I still have my modded WII with Cfg_USB installed and I think I have Prii-Loader installed and set up to auto boot to Cfg_USB.
My issue is that I got a new TV and had to reposition my Wii sensor bar and I can't remember how to boot the system up to get into the settings so I can change the position of the sensor bar from below to above the TV.
I seem to remember having to use a wired game controller and hold A down while rebooting, but I can't get that to work.
Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance;

Steve

screen-shot-2021-10-23-at-5-08-17-pm-png.281336

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 5.08.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 5.08.17 PM.png
    463.8 KB · Views: 439

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The screenshots show u at the main system menu, from there just go into the settings.

To access priiloader, hold the reset button on the console as its powering up. But if you leave your sd card and hard drive unplugged it shouldn't be able to load cfg usb loader and Wil redirect you to the system menu (assuming it's a forwarder you're running, and not a channel with the loader hard-coded into it)

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screenshots show u at the main system menu, from there just go into the settings.

To access priiloader, hold the reset button on the console as its powering up. But if you leave your sd card and hard drive unplugged it shouldn't be able to load cfg usb loader and Wil redirect you to the system menu (assuming it's a forwarder you're running, and not a channel with the loader hard-coded into it)
Thanks, XFlak, it's been years since I set this all up and I thought it was a forwarder, but when I did what you suggested it just sat at a black screen, so maybe at some point I installed a channel.
How would I get into the system settings to change the sensor mounting position if I have a channel with the loader hard-coded into it set up?

Sometimes when I boot the system it goes into this mode where it doesn't seem to find the external HD, when it does that there is a power button in the upper left corner and when I click on that I have several options to Reboot (Home) which just reboots and launched CFG loader again, HomeBrew Channel, Exit, Shutdown and Back.
When I'm in HomeBrew Channel I have 3 things listed.
CFG USB loader, FTPii and Wad Manager.

If I hit the Home button on the Wiimote I have an option to Exit to Launch BootMii (which didn't seem to do anything), Exit to System Menu (which reboots the system and CFG USB loader comes up again) or ShutDown.

Last edited by Sacohen9665,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
From the priiloader menu, select the system menu to load it, then go to the official settings menu for sensor bar positioning. Or from within your loader, hit home to return to the system menu. That 2nd option may not work if you have priiloader configured to return you to something different.

Also I suggest you update to the latest version of priiloader. If your wiimote ever gets disconnected you may have trouble loading the system menu to resync it (newer versions of priiloader work with not only a wiimote or GC controller, but also using the front buttons on the console itself, much like bootmii)

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the priiloader menu, select the system menu to load it, then go to the official settings menu for sensor bar positioning. Or from within your loader, hit home to return to the system menu. That 2nd option may not work if you have priiloader configured to return you to something different.

Also I suggest you update to the latest version of priiloader. If your wiimote ever gets disconnected you may have trouble loading the system menu to resync it (newer versions of priiloader work with not only a wiimote or GC controller, but also using the front buttons on the console itself, much like bootmii)
I don't see Priiloader anywhere when I go into the system.
It boots automatically to CFG USB loader and if I hit home it just goes back to CFG USB loader.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Change your priiloader settings as described, then access the main system menu settings as described, system settings button will be in the same place as the screenshot you shared

Edit: change your priiloader boot settings to return you to the system menu instead of the installed file

Sacohen9665

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Change your priiloader settings as described, then access the main system menu settings as described, system settings button will be in the same place as the screenshot you shared

Edit: change your priiloader boot settings to return you to the system menu instead of the installed file
That is what I was thinking too, but I can't find a way to get into Prii-loader.
Thanks for all your help XFlak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.