Homebrew How to get old Mii Channel on vWii?

HTV04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that the new Mii Channel lacks some features that the old one has. I've also heard it possible to get the old Mii Channel on the vWii. How can I do this (especially without banner bricking)?

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Exists

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can do it with the nus tool. But dont just download the old one and install it. On GBAtemp you can find a tutorial

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can do it with nus downloader. But dont just download and install the new old one. On gbatemp there are tutorial on how to do it.

Deleted member 530885

Trophies
XP
I know this is quite late but just to save anyone's time who is also looking to get the non-crippled/original version of the Mii Channel on their vWii, I can confirm that the regular Wii Channel does work fine in my practices (apart from the WiiConnect24 Parts). I would still always recommend a NAND Backup before installing/removing any WAD's from any Wii (I am not responsible if you end up bricking your vWii)

I made a backup of the vWii Mii Channel using 'Yet Another BlueDump MOD' and simply removed the original Mii Channel using 'AnyTitleDeleter'. Then I downloaded the latest version of the Mii Channel WAD using NUS and installed it to the vWii using 'WiiModLite' as I could not get MMM to work.

All of my Mii's stayed after install of the original Mii Channel but I was required to go through the tutorial on making my "first mii" which I just deleted after.

Now I can copy Miis to my remote easily! :D

Last edited by Deleted member 530885,
D

Deleted User

I know this is quite late but just to save anyone's time who is also looking to get the non-crippled/original version of the Mii Channel on their vWii, I can confirm that the regular Wii Channel does work fine in my practices (apart from the WiiConnect24 Parts). I would still always recommend a NAND Backup before installing/removing any WAD's from any Wii (I am not responsible if you end up bricking your vWii)

I made a backup of the vWii Mii Channel using 'Yet Another BlueDump MOD' and simply removed the original Mii Channel using 'AnyTitleDeleter'. Then I downloaded the latest version of the Mii Channel WAD using NUS and installed it to the vWii using 'WiiModLite' as I could not get MMM to work.

All of my Mii's stayed after install of the original Mii Channel but I was required to go through the tutorial on making my "first mii" which I just deleted after.

Now I can copy Miis to my remote easily! :D
hey this is kinda old lol :rofl: but did reinstalling the old mii channel make it so wii games let you choose the wii remote as an option? rn theres a missing wii remote option for wii play, wii party, etc... :creep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k