Hacking <How-To>Get Homebrew up and running using the Twilight Hack.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to both g4jek8j54 & lostsoul5673.

That helps out a lot. I think that I may pick this game up in the next few days. I wanted a copy of the game anyways, just wanted to make sure that I didnt have to buy a copy off of ebay.

Thanks again.

hwxs

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Excuse me. I am just a beginner. When I try to set the Homebrew channel as the tutorial, a message "no requuired ios (ios21),pls update your wii system" come out. The boot.dol or elf has been successfully loaded, after accept twice this message comes out. My console is 3.1J at that time.
some day later, I find a Homebrew channel Beta7 (Wad) and successfully install this one by Wad-installer. Now I up to 3.3J, and everything seems going ok. I think set up a Wad just like copy, but HBC just like setup?
I am here give this issue. Hoping take someone's attention. In one word, I want know why "no requuired ios (ios21),pls update your wii system" comes out.
Thank you for your attention:)

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing that you just didn't have IOS21 on your system, but I'm not really sure about that. If you updated to the 3.3J firmware, you should probably now have IOS21 on your system.

hwxs

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
g4jek8j54 said:
I'm guessing that you just didn't have IOS21 on your system, but I'm not really sure about that. If you updated to the 3.3J firmware, you should probably now have IOS21 on your system.
This is the promble. Even i update to 3.3J, the message comes out as before. I wonder where does this IOS21 go? This should be an essential part of system, right? But my gaming has no promble with this "missing IOS21". So this is mysterious to me.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really don't know, but if you have 3.3J, I'm guessing that IOS21 should be on there. Team Twiizers changed the required IOS from IOS35 to IOS21 to allow it to be compatible with older firmwares, and 3.3 is the newest. Try to run the Title Lister, and see if IOS21 is listed. If not, then I think that you need to find some way of installing IOS21 onto your Wii.

hwxs

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
g4jek8j54 said:
I really don't know, but if you have 3.3J, I'm guessing that IOS21 should be on there. Team Twiizers changed the required IOS from IOS35 to IOS21 to allow it to be compatible with older firmwares, and 3.3 is the newest. Try to run the Title Lister, and see if IOS21 is listed. If not, then I think that you need to find some way of installing IOS21 onto your Wii.
Aprreciating all your help and information. Thank you very much. I will try this "Title Lister"
happy.gif

ChronOZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey,

i have a modded wii, and i have TP, but it's a copy so i cant know really which version i have. What happens if i use the wrong files? Can i simply try them all? (i have 3.3 and im planning to install some wad games
smile.gif

Thanks.

Firemist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOOB Question!
Can you still do the twilight hack if you have a backup/downloaded Zelda twilight princess?
I am wondering does it mess up your wii or the process of dong the hack if you get the select the wrong version file?
I just sold my zelda to gamestop and i didn't know i would need it until later on

WiiGamer789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay thanks to you guys I got the Homebrew Channel up and running!
grog.gif

Although I do have one question that has been bothering me, does turning on wiiconnect24 after downloading the homebrew channel ruin anything like banning you from online and the shop channel? My friends have been nagging and freaking me out about that ever since I got it running.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiGamer789 said:
Yay thanks to you guys I got the Homebrew Channel up and running!
grog.gif

Although I do have one question that has been bothering me, does turning on wiiconnect24 after downloading the homebrew channel ruin anything like banning you from online and the shop channel? My friends have been nagging and freaking me out about that ever since I got it running.
No. Nintendo don't ban you. There's not really any need to turn it off, unless you're installing a chip.

dan92

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have some questions about this

is there a way to install it without the twilight princess?

does it have any risk like when you update the wii or something?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dan92 said:
i have some questions about this

is there a way to install it without the twilight princess?

does it have any risk like when you update the wii or something?

If you have a drive chip, and are below the 3.3 firmware, you can install the Homebrew Channel by burning a disc image. Otherwise, you will need Twilight Princess.

Updating with the Homebrew Channel has the possibility of unintentionally bricking your Wii. More than likely, however, if Nintendo tries to block the Homebrew Channel, it just simply won't load.

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, this may have been answers previously and it is probably a very N00b question, but I would appreciate some help from someone in the know.

I have updated to 3.3E and was going to put the new twilight hack on my wii today, however, it won't let me copy the save. It keeps coming up with an error that I must play the game at least once first. I have played the game, created a save, deleted the save, then tried to copy the hack. I simply booted up the game, played a tiny bit and then saved it. Do I need to play more? I don't know why I keep getting the same error
frown.gif

Thanks if anyone can help me.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, you shouldn't need to play anymore of the game to be able to use the Twilight Hack save file. Also, make sure you are using the Beta 1 version of the Twilight Hack, as none of the other versions will copy over on the 3.3 firmware.

comaX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
hi every one, first i want to apologize, i know what i'm going to say souldn't be there...
I can't get the hombrew channel installed witout the twilight hack; i downloaded the iso version for pal wiis but it tells wether system files are corrupted or that an error has occured[...] troubleshooting.
please how to do ? i tried with GCos: not working....
i have a chipped wii with wiikey 1.9s, OS 3.3E
tell me if i should go to another topic
thx in adveance
wink.gif

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You are on the 3.3 firmware, so you will need to use the Twilight Hack to install the Homebrew Channel. The signing bug is fixed on that firmware, so the disc image of the Homebrew Channel will not work.

comaX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
thx mate, i borrowed the game disk to a friend so i'm no able to use it.
in the guide you need to use a loader, but what if i directly but the boot.elf of the homebrew channel it will install it directly no ?
then there is just HBC installed not anything like "twilight hack" ? (sry for the newb question but i rather like not to destroy my wii cause i wanted the problem to be fixed quickly)

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if you plan on installing just the Homebrew Channel, just place the installer file on the root of your SD card, and if necessary, rename it to 'boot.elf'. If that is all you plan on using the Twilight Hack for, you do not need any loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol