Hacking <How-To>Get Homebrew up and running using the Twilight Hack.

Daimones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can actually install it without the gamecube controller. Just hit reset a few times and it is the same as hitting the a button, and accepting the EULA or w.e. Then when the screen goes black, just reset your WII with the power off button. (Worked for me anyway)

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm facing some serious delays when I play the game. The buttons Minus, Plus and even Home don't trigger as soon as they are pushed, actually they don't trigger at all, I have to keep trying until I finally give up (yeah I, ME, MYSELF have to give up, not the game *sad*).

Someone knows the reason for this? I even erased the save and created another direct from the game, but the problem still there. Someone helpme, please. By the way, the game is original and I've never faced these problems before, it started after instaling the hack save.

Thank you all in advance!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need the Twilight Hack once to install the homebrew channel.
Or, if you have a modchip and firmware below 3.3, you can use the ISO-disc.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried to install the homebrew channel, using the Twilight Princess thing, everything went well, just like when I installed it on the wii of a friend of mine.

But then I got a warning, it told me that I had some version (example, 300), but it was only tested on (example, 290).
So I canceled it.

Can I still install it without bricking anything?
I have 3.3E btw...

scoozer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wabsta said:
I tried to install the homebrew channel, using the Twilight Princess thing, everything went well, just like when I installed it on the wii of a friend of mine.

But then I got a warning, it told me that I had some version (example, 300), but it was only tested on (example, 290).
So I canceled it.

I have 3.3E btw...
Same for me, any solutions?

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the noob question, but once the TH is installed, and I install the Homebrew channel. Does the homebrew run from the SD card?

Would I just place the emulators and roms on the SD card, or does the homebrew channel install them on the Wii?

Thanks in advance.

zoharmodifier

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:

So I canceled it.

I have 3.3E btw...

I had the same warning. Didn't care, so I installed it anyway. It went through fine. Now playing MM9. :]

I have 3.3U.

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
Great guide!!! Is there a guide for using wiiscrubber and those type of apps? I am unsure on how to get backups going after this
frown.gif

arsenal009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You said if I have wii firmware 3.3 I have to download a different file. How am I suppose to know which firmware I have?

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah. Thank you for that guide Prime. I now have the Homebrew Channel and a few emulators on my Wii. Now I just gotta figure out how I can get all the WiiWare and VLC games.

Thanks again.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha great guide, but im having problems. i think its my SD cause ive done everything ive everything like you said. Heres whats up.

1gb micro sd lexar

formatted on my mac book pro. when i put something on the card it takes memory space away( the free space available counter goes down. like usual) but then i take the files back of my card, the space isnt freed up, it just keeps going down when i add stuff. wtf? i guess i need a new card i guess.

Da_maniaC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

Been an age since i last visited these forums but since i now own a Wii i started looking around for more possibilities...

Now, i did read some guides and saw some footage on youtube...

But i am still somewhat confused if the Homebrew channel installer brings forth some risks?

Is there a possibility i might brick my Wii? Is there any flashing involved in the first place?

I am dying to try this stuff out, but since my Wii is just one day old i don't want to risk bricking it or something.
smile.gif

--

From what i understand:
- i can just put the Homebrew Channel Installer on my SD card
- install it on my Wii
- copy NES/SNES ROMs to the Wii
- run them without a hitch ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of... +1