Hacking <How-To>Get Homebrew up and running using the Twilight Hack.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cribby08 said:
Can you use any version of LOZ: TW? Has any newer version of LoZ: TW get patched so you cannot use the hack? Thanks.
At this point there is no new version of the twilight princess thats incompatible with the hacked save. You should be good to go

cribby08

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot.

I asked because I remember that GTA: LCS got pached for psp so you could not downgrade your psp anymore.

I appreciate the fast reply.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm just wondering, but can the Twilight Hack read .dol files? I know the Homebrew Channel can, but I'm just wondering.

boxhunter91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded the European ISO of Homebrew Channel. How do I get it onto my wii just burn and play or do i need Twilight hack?

imtony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only need to use TP once for the exploit to work and I won't need it anymore right? I can just rent from block buster and then return it after I'm done right?

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
imtony said:
I only need to use TP once for the exploit to work and I won't need it anymore right? I can just rent from block buster and then return it after I'm done right?

Yes if you install the homebrew channel or homebrew loader channel.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read through this whole thread, so please forgive me if my question has already been answered. But are the VC games available for play after doing the Twilight Hack? I'm having a really tough time finding info if all the VC games become available after using this hack.

Thank you for any info.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DespizingU said:
I haven't read through this whole thread, so please forgive me if my question has already been answered. But are the VC games available for play after doing the Twilight Hack? I'm having a really tough time finding info if all the VC games become available after using this hack.
Sort of, yes. What you want to do is use the Twilight Hack ( http://hbc.hackmii.com/dist/twilight-hack-v0.1-beta1.zip ) to install the Hombrew Channel ( http://hbc.hackmii.com/dist/the_homebrew_c...l-beta_8.tar.gz ). Then you want to run the WAD Manager ( http://skhsarki.extra.hu/files/download/Ho...an11_Anorch.zip ) in the Homebrew Channel to install WADs (VC or WiiWare games) onto your Wii.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Thank you so much for explaining what to do, and linking everything also Lacius. You have no idea how appreciated that is.

Thanks.

jaysc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem. When all he white words appear on te scren, it stays onto loading binary and freezes. One of the lines says it can't load the elf, so i formated my sd card again but it stil doesn't work.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jaysc said:
I have a problem. When all he white words appear on te scren, it stays onto loading binary and freezes. One of the lines says it can't load the elf, so i formated my sd card again but it stil doesn't work.

Tried formatting to FAT32?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jaysc said:
Prime said:
Tried formatting to FAT32?

Just tried it, didn't work.

What kind of SD card are you using? Also, if it doesn't find the boot.elf, it is a known problem, and you may want to send bushing a disk image of the card...

Can't find boot.elf? You can help!

We have received many reports of people who are experiencing errors reading boot.elf. Often, these problems are solved by reformatting the SD card, but we'd really like to fix this bug.

If you have an SD card that has this problem, please create a disk image of the card and send it to us. You can make a disk image using your choice of tools -- dd on Linux, Disk Utility on Mac, and you could try something like http://selfimage.excelcia.org/ for Windows.

Once you have the image, compress it, upload it to your choice of free filehosting services, and then contact bushing on IRC, or email me a link to the download at bushing at gmail. Thanks! Bushing 09:25, 25 June 2008 (CEST)

Source: Wiibrew.org

actino

Trophies
XP
Country
I read through this whole topic and tried to install TP hack. Followed the guide. START CLUSTER = xxxx fills the screen and just seems to keep going. How long do I have to wait for it? I have waited around 10 minutes already and have just pulled the plug on the Wii. It's still working though.

Unit is a Japan unit v3.2 chipped with D2CKey. I also tried using the HBC channel iso and it comes up as unknown disc. Also tried with the latest homebrew channel loader and TP hack save as well and still the same START CLUSTER = xxxx filling up the screen and never stopping.

Is the START CLUSTER = xxxx normal and how long do I have to wait until the channel is installed?

Thank you very much.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actino said:
I read through this whole topic and tried to install TP hack. Followed the guide. START CLUSTER = xxxx fills the screen and just seems to keep going. How long do I have to wait for it? I have waited around 10 minutes already and have just pulled the plug on the Wii. It's still working though.

Unit is a Japan unit v3.2 chipped with D2CKey. I also tried using the HBC channel iso and it comes up as unknown disc. Also tried with the latest homebrew channel loader and TP hack save as well and still the same START CLUSTER = xxxx filling up the screen and never stopping.

Is the START CLUSTER = xxxx normal and how long do I have to wait until the channel is installed?

Thank you very much.

No, that is not normal.

I doubt this is the problem, but are you using the version of the Twilight Hack that your game needs, and what version of the Twilight Hack are you using?

What brand of SD card are you using?

Do you have an SD card inserted into the front slot, with a homebrew ELF file, named as 'boot.elf'?

Anyway, try to format your card to FAT16 with the Official SD Card Format Tool. Also, on Windows, it is just called 'FAT'. I don't know, but you might want to remove all files on the card, although I don't know if it is required.

actino

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm.....

Yes I am using the corect version of Twilight Hack "RZDE0". I tried the "RZDE2" and it just hanged hehe.

Transcend SD

SD is inside slot with HBC boot.elf file on root

Was FAT16 when I started. I just formatted to FAT32 to try it out again later.

Thanks for the reply )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro