Hacking <How-To>Get Homebrew up and running using the Twilight Hack.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
can you use this guide to install VC games?

No.

I can make a guide on installing VC Games if people want but it is a straight forward process

jalaneme said:
QUOTE(-x1_0_nt- @ Apr 22 2008, 06:06 PM) First you may want to backup your twilight save if you have one. Go into setting -> Data Management -> Save Data -> Wii then save data and copy the twilight save to your SD Card. Connect the SD Card to your computer by a SD Card reader or a built in reader, inside the "private" folder there is another, just keep click on the folders untill you find the save. Move the BIN file to a safe location. REMEMBER THE SAVE TITLE.

what save title? my original save file just says "data.bin" nothing else
wacko.gif

edit: you should add this picture to explain what you mean by the save title or no one will have a clue what you are talking about.

twilighthack.jpg

Thanks. I'll edit asap.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worked like a charm on the 1st try! Using a Micro SD 2gb and Card Reader.

I'm still skeptical on using the Homebrew Channel though...

Many thanks to you weird number name guy!

PS. Are we able to install VC games through this Twilight Hack?

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to put together this tutorial. It is very well done and descriptive. I do have one question though however.

So if this works, then I guess the part where it says this in the Wiki for the Wii Homebrew Launcher is false, considering your example folders have names longer than 8 symbols?

"Create a folder in the homebrew folder(Max 8 symbols long)(X:\homebrew\12345678)"

Not a big deal, but just curious is all.
smile.gif

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd be sweet to have a softmod via twilight. Ton of wii's I know that could use a modding but their owners are afraid of hardware mods.

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

Do i have to run the twilight hack every time i want to load an elf file or do i only have to run the hack once?
Would be good if someone could make an iso and it loads from dvd and then the elf file is on the sd card inside the wii.

Cheers

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kingsley90210 said:
Just wondering before I try, is there any chance of me bricking my Wii with this hack?

There shouldn't be any danger of bricking your Wii with just the Twilight Hack save file itself. However, I suppose that it is possible that a malicious ELF file could be created. None have been created yet, as far as I know. Just download from Wiibrew.org, and ask about what you are downloading. If a malicious file were to exist in the future, I'm sure you would hear about on here, and on other forums.

BioHazardN00B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any risks involved with this? Such as a brick and what are the chances of this happening?
(Im seriously afraid my wii will brick) Also is there any ways to unbrick and what is a good and reliable source of Wii Homebrew / VC Games

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EvilShenanigans! said:
What is the difference between the 2 usa twilight hack saves rzde0.bin and rzde2.bin?

As far as I know, there is no major difference. When they created the first USA save file (rzde0.bin), they found that it didn't work on the 'RVL-RZDE-0A-2 USA' version of Twilight Princess. That is the version I have, and when I accidentally used the 'rzde0.bin' file, the game just crashed with a loud buzzing sound, and didn't start the ELF Loader. Because of that, I'm guessing they had to change some things in order to get it working on the second version of the game.

The only difference between the two versions of Twilight Princess, is that the second one fixes a game ending glitch in the game.

vtec123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi NewBE

I have a Pal wii Chipped with the Argon chip Firmware 1.8

Do need to get the Pal The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess or with any other one work say like the NTSC.

I must a save game of The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess first before carrying anything else ?

Thanks

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JohnDaddyo said:
kudos to all of you able to get this working! I'm sure it's me, but I
cannot get the Wii to see the tp file on my card
frown.gif

First, make sure you have run Twilight Princess before. I thought I heard before that it doesn't show the save if you have never run the game on your console before.

If you have done that, make sure on the SD card, you create a folder on the root of the card named 'private'.(no quotes/apostrophes on any file names)

Inside the 'private' folder, make a folder named 'wii'.

Next, in the 'wii' folder, make a folder named 'title'.

Next, make a folder named either:

RZDE (for USA versions)
RZDP (PAL versions)
RZDJ (JAP versions)

Next, inside the respective folder (for example, 'RZDE' if you have a USA version), place your version of the save file in it, and rename it to 'data.bin'.

~De arimasu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm having problems installing the Wad Installer.

I've got the homebrew channel up and running but I'm unsure how to get the installer working.

Where abouts in the SD Card should I put the folder? Should it be in the root or in the private/etc. folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1