how to get discipline? get rid of laziness and be

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
I reckon you should do whats already suggested, but you might want to keep a schedule or time-table. Not something too hard ie. 200 miles ftw!!! but some thing more like, jog 20 minutes and sprint 10 everyday (if your goal is to become fit for example).

If its studying, then do what I do: 45 minutes one subject, 15 mins free time, 45 minutes another subject or a part of the same subject that you didn't see earlier, 15 mins break, 45 mins of what you did in the first place.
It won't seem like much (if you're concentrated) when you do the first 45 and you'll be like oooh now I get 15 minutes break. In the end you'll have done over 2 hours worth of studying without loosing your sanity.

Hope that helps.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
perhaps you have ADD?
do this test:
http://www.oneaddplace.com/addcheck.htm
Um, I did the test all the way through (with a worrying frequency of "4" in my replies), and came to the end, where they want us to add up all the numbers we got... and I was like, "why didn't they made a script to do this, why do I have to do it... boooriiiing!!!", and lost interest...
shy.gif
dry.gif

....yeees. I can't even finish the test. I get bored. I suppose that's a definite sign I have ADD.
ph34r.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you can't put up with the insanity ADD provides go talk to your doctor about it so you can have a proper test. they might suggest medication if you're having troubles in general(failing school, not being able to focus on simple tasks etc ...70% ADD people respond well to stimulant medication but you gotta be careful with it and get the dose right.

but if you can put up with it you get the benefit of randomness and creativity...so its not all bad.

cubix'

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just start doing something lol

Seriously, I'm inside most of the day drawing n stuff, if I'm not drawing, I'm playing a game, watching a movie, taking my dog for a walk, hanging out with my friends, I've even started baking bread lol

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here's what to do's (PAY ATTENTION IF YOU WANT TO BE WINNING WITH THE WOMANLY TYPES!!!):

1.) Disconnect your Internets.

2.) Bake pixelated bread with .TakaM

3.) Jump out multiple windows until it becomes second nature to you

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
so why you overcome this?
think like you have to keep inline with something, how do you do it everyday? its easy for first two days, but after that, it gets like nightmare for me.

NetixRiqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
exercise! i've been workin out for 2 days now and it feels good, gives discipline and makes you feel more confident (ofc ive been doin pushups and whatcha call it.. pullups) always keep a ball next to you so when you feel lazy play with it. you can always swing your "bat" around if you want to it will be good for less laziness training i mean baseball bat
smile.gif
thats all i guess..

cheapassdave

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Were you a part of the Army or the Marines? Otherwise I agree with you, Navy and Air Force is slacking, but the other two WILL discipline you, I know.
yeah, im in the marines. even in my kind of profession, there are many lazy ass people...even with all the "disclpine"...etc. i believe its because...you can be the laziest marine and be getting paid the same amount as the next guy with the same rank who is a hard worker. argh!
hate2.gif

i dont even want to get started with the airforce or the navy..

i guess its human nature to be lazy.
dry.gif

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
Besides physical exercises (a lazy and weak body will protect himself from spending energy by inducing laziness), you should stop playing and surfing the internet. These, besides sucking your energy that you could use to do more productive things, they induce sleepness (which makes you lazy during the day, among other problems), specially if you do it at night.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I keep track of my time, by marking the productive stuff I do off on a calendar each day. That way I can easily look and see how I'm living my life. Prevents the days just slipping by without having to face up to it.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Military.
If too young, Military School.

the military doesnt make you less lazy. i know.
lecture.gif
yea, in military you'll learn tricks to avoid doing anything at all
biggrin.gif

btw i have some problem. i'm kind of lazy, i'll do things if i absolutely have to do it them. :S And i don't know any way how to "fix" it. Expect you could get a friend who is over active and does sports and stuff all the time. And then he/she forces you to go joking and doing stuff lol.

And the fact that my life will be most likely like "go to work, go to home, go to sleep" and the same everyday for the rest of my life doesn't really inspire to do anything. And that there will be nothing new. Expect that i'm getting driver license next year what's excellent.

Shame that i didn't live few hundred years ago. I could have been pirate or a ninja. (or pirate ninja) :/
Or just find america before columbus and vikings. :A

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i beat it for 1 week, then shit happens again.
i was nearly very good at that week, but again, doing nothing.

same thing happens AGAIn.
i went on my study schedule for about 4 days and it was ok, and then, studying nothing.
i donno where my problem is.
now i'm all about 360 and hate all about Masters.

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!