Gaming How to get direct url paths of videos?

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm using a program that allows me to watch videos, but in order to watch them, I need the direct link to the file, as in the extensions at the end of a url (http://idk.com/funnyvideo.avi).

The video file isn't what's important, but does anyone know how I would get these, or a site that does actually link to the direct file? An alternative is a way of getting the direct .flv path on YouTube?

I don't need to download, just the link to view the files directly.

Many thank you's in advance!

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I can't seem to find which one would be the direct link. And it would need to end in a video file extension :/

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Easiest way is to get firefox addon Video DownloadHelper , go to the video page , click the arrow next to its icon , chose the quality you want to stream & click copy url .

Just curious but what is the purpose of this when you can just stream it from your browser?

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's on my Wii, soo... This is the only way for me to stream anything to my TV. One computer doesn't have admin to do SMB or anything, the other one has a broken charger port.

I'm about to try the Firefox add-on
smile.gif

EDIT: Okay, that worked like a charm. Thanks
smile.gif
Now my only issue left is do you know of any video sharing site that would link to the direct file with the .w/e extension at the end?

I've tried several like YT, Veoh, MegaVideo

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately you can't :/ I found one site that has extensions, but I can't find a movie site that does... Lol

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you really want, you could program some redirect, so you can input the video URL to your site and it'll spit out a URL to your site that appears to have the video extension, but in reality will just redirect to the video.

Then again the script to give the video might include header data that whatever you view the video with might not like.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think something like a dl.dropbox link would work to display media, or only a direct download?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a frappy moment