Hacking how to enter bootmii???

ginryu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hello and no i'm not that new but when i first time mod my wii i din't make a copy of my nand cause i didn't know i can use the power and reset buttons instead of a gc controller so here's the question how do i enter bootmii from my wii??? i have preloader .29 and bootmii as boot2 but everytime i turn on my wii just load preloader...

every help you give me would be greatly appreciated
smileipb2.png

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U need the folder called bootmii on root of sd card. If u have that folder and bootmii didn't come up automatically when u turn wii on ur sd card is incompatible and u need use another sd card

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you turn on your Wii WITHOUT an SD card in it, does it flash once, and then flash a couple more times really fast like a second later? If so, bootmii should be properly installed to boot2. If not, you did not install it to boot2.

If it is installed to boot2, make sure your sd card has the bootmii folder still named "bootmii" on the root of the sd card and has 3 files in it. Also check the bootmii.ini file in textpad or something and make sure it isn't set to say:

AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
BOOTDELAY=0

otherwise it will skip the menu entirely. (If those two lines have a # sign before it, that's ok and it shouldn't autoboot anything.) By default it should say something like:

#AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU
#BOOTDELAY=5

which is fine.

If everything is set up like that and bootmii still does not boot on startup, then try backing up your stuff on your sd card to your pc and then using the sd formatter tool which I believe can be found in the downloads section here to format your sd card and then put only the bootmii folder with those 3 files in it back on the card and try again.

If it STILL doesn't work, your SD card is not compatible with bootmii and you will need a different card that is compatible.

ginryu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thank you very much but here's the problem when i installed bootmii i used another sd card so do i ned to reinstal it or where do i get the folder???

appreciated!!!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Run the hackmii installer again with the SD card you are using and go to "bootmii..." and click on "prepare an SD card" and it will write the files on that card. Also if the bootmii that you installed was the beta1 version and not beta2, then just reinstall bootmii with the beta2 installer. (And the HBC 1.0.3 as well.)

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure that you have a Bootmii-ready which contains the BootMii folder and all the appropriate files. BootMii is fairly picky about SD card compatibility, see the list here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii/SD_Card_Compatibility_List

Also make sure that you installed BOOT2 BootMii, not IOS. Boot2 runs at power-on and is far more foolproof (moreso even than Preloader), whereas the IOS install is only useful for making NAND backups/restores in conjunction with preloader.

Install Boot2 if you can. If you can't, and have installed the IOS version instead, you can access it by opening the Homebrew Channel and then pressing the Home button, where BootMii will be placed in the menu.

Note that in the IOS version you cannot use the Power/Reset buttons to navigate, you MUST have a Gamecube controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...