How to emulate GBA games on DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Splych, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splych
    OP

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    I really want to emulate GBA games on my DS Lite...

Here's what I have on me right now:
    - DS Lite ;P
    - AceKard 2.1
    - EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion (2nd gen, haven't replaced battery yet)
    - 4GB MicroSD Card

So what can I do to emulate a GBA game without a problem? If you can, could you send me a guide, or even create a guide on how to emulate GBA games properly please? Like even without losing your gamesaves...

Please and thanks,
    Splych

PS. I mainly want to emulate Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem SS, Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2.

2. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    put some GBA roms on ur microSD card, then it shows up like a DS rom, then just press A and play!

3. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2008
    You're kidding right?

4. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    not sure i never used my acekard for gba i just use it on the dsi ill search around for a guide

5. Splych
    OP

Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    Alright guys, I have to admit, when it comes to emulating GBA games onto the DS, I am a complete noob.

Since I never really understood it properly... Sure when I get a game, I emulate it and stuff, but I feel like there is something else I am missing. Like for saves, sometimes it doesn't save or it disappears... That's what I mean... Since sometimes, I feel like there is something I am missing in what I do.

6. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    If you've got a 3-in-1 with your AK2 then you're all set for running GBA games. It's not emulation, it's actually running like a GBA cart. All you've gotta do is copy the GBA games to a folder of your choice and then run them like you run a NDS rom.

The saving problem could be faulty 3-in-1 hardware, more specifically a dead or dying battery. I don't really know of a way to test the battery without opening it up tho. There's guides on GBAtemp for testing and changing the battery in the 3-in-1 somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.