Homebrew How to emulate GBA games on DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really want to emulate GBA games on my DS Lite...

Here's what I have on me right now:
- DS Lite ;P
- AceKard 2.1
- EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion (2nd gen, haven't replaced battery yet)
- 4GB MicroSD Card

So what can I do to emulate a GBA game without a problem? If you can, could you send me a guide, or even create a guide on how to emulate GBA games properly please? Like even without losing your gamesaves...

Please and thanks,
Splych

PS. I mainly want to emulate Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem SS, Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright guys, I have to admit, when it comes to emulating GBA games onto the DS, I am a complete noob.

Since I never really understood it properly... Sure when I get a game, I emulate it and stuff, but I feel like there is something else I am missing. Like for saves, sometimes it doesn't save or it disappears... That's what I mean... Since sometimes, I feel like there is something I am missing in what I do.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
If you've got a 3-in-1 with your AK2 then you're all set for running GBA games. It's not emulation, it's actually running like a GBA cart. All you've gotta do is copy the GBA games to a folder of your choice and then run them like you run a NDS rom.

The saving problem could be faulty 3-in-1 hardware, more specifically a dead or dying battery. I don't really know of a way to test the battery without opening it up tho. There's guides on GBAtemp for testing and changing the battery in the 3-in-1 somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay