How to edit NSPs to remove Link Nintendo Account Requirement for games

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by GameSystem, Sep 9, 2019.

1. GameSystem
    OP

GameSystem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    This guide is outdated!

Apparently there has been a really easy way to do this and I just didn't know about it. Just use NSC_BUILDER.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsc_bui...lder-game-updates-dlc-in-a-single-xci.522486/
    https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases

#6 - Advanced Mode > Place NSP to be edited > #1 to start processing > #5 to patch linked account requirement.

Adding the list provided from NSC_BUILDER showing which games can be patched. Note that Stardew Valley isn't on that list. Since Stardew Valley only asks about linking when you choose Local Multiplayer, that means it's handled by the game during runtime. More research by someone smart will have to figure out how to fix that.

Obsolete Guide

Attached Files:

Last edited by GameSystem, Sep 10, 2019
  2. yoshimashi

yoshimashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    So I'm having an issue with step 5. Does it have to do with my prod.keys?
    When I renamed my keys to prod.keys I get an error with sections and offsets.. It looks nothing like the image above so I feel like I'm not doing something right? I copied and pasted the cmd code to my cmd though. The error I get is "Error: Section 0 is corrupted!" and different offsets rather than what the image you uploaded shows. The image shows that cmd saved and created a romfs folder but it doesn't show that in mine.
    But in step 2 you wrote that I should rename my keys to keys.prod so when I renamed it, typed in the cmd prompt, cmd prompt tells me it can't find my key.
    What am I doing wrong? I'm using win 10

3. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I'm deeply sorry. I just realized that I mistyped it. When you download the keys.txt from online, you rename it to "prod.keys" not "keys.prod." I had them mixed up.

Okay I think I figured out the problem. I downloaded keys off the internet, and some don't have all of the master keys. The one I got, for example, only goes up to Master Key 06. I ran it and also got the Section 0 is corrupted, but when you read the info in CMD, you see this:

Code:
    Title ID:                           01003fb00c5a8000
    SDK Version:                        7.4.0.0
    Distribution type:                  Download
    Content Type:                       Control
    Master Key Revision:                7 (Unknown)
    Since they are using SDK 7 and it says Master Key Revision 7, I think that means you need to have that master key for it to work. I tested this by adding in my personal Master Key 07 into the online prod.keys and it immediately worked. So all you have to do is find that single key and you should be good to go.

Last edited by GameSystem, Sep 9, 2019
  4. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Oh, I wish NSP installers had the option to disable those requirements, too.

5. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I agree, just for the sake of convenience. For NSP installers to do this, they would have to unpack, edit, then rebuild the NPS before installing. I don't think it's likely those functions will be added.

According to Falo, atmosphere can't redirect Control's romfs currently, so the nca needs to be edited. Falo also said It would be better if atmosphere would allow a layeredfs version of it, as control.nacp has the same format for every switch game. Perhaps in the distant future we won't have to do any of this.

6. yoshimashi

yoshimashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    Thank you (: I used my own key and it worked!

Last edited by yoshimashi, Sep 9, 2019
    GameSystem likes this.
  7. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    Does this work for games that don't need the account to launch, but to play multiplayer? Stardew Valley launches just fine without an account but needs it for local multiplayer.

GameSystem likes this.
  8. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I'd probably have to say no, simply because the offset we are editing in the control is called "Startup User Account Flag." However, I'm willing to bet that there might be something we can still do. Sadly, I'm not versed at all in that stuff, as I only wrote the tutorial after getting a ton of help from others, but if you could go through the steps up until getting the control file, you'll be that much closer once someone finds out what to edit.

@Falo, would you have any knowledge pertaining to this question? I read the list of offsets here, but I wouldn't know what to change https://switchbrew.org/wiki/NACP_Format. Maybe 0x3213 0x1 RequiredNetworkServiceLicenseOnLaunchFlag?

OkazakiTheOtaku likes this.
  9. Falo

Falo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2012
    Germany
    This control flag is only for the home menu / startup of the game
    0x00 - None -> the game won't ask you for any profile during startup (but maybe later, example: Dead Cells)
    0x01 - Required -> before you can start the game, the game will ask you which profile you will use for this game (the default setting)
    0x02 - Required + NNID -> before you can start the game, the game will ask you which NNID profile you will use for this game

If you can start the game, then you are past this check, Stardew Valley is 0x01.
    Everything else is handled by the game and sdk runtime, if the game requires a NNID for local wireless, then there is nothing what you can do, except for creating one.
    I really don't get why people don't just make one before they hack their switch, NNID has nothing to do with bans.

OkazakiTheOtaku and GameSystem like this.
  10. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Seems we are out of luck for now. I guess I have to redirect you to https://github.com/Povstalez/Kefir-Updater/releases
    That injects a fake linked account into your switch. I think you have to backup all of the saves across all of your profiles. Not 100% on it, because I had too many profiles to want to bother doing that. Here is the discussion thread. https://gbatemp.net/threads/kefir-updater.539086/

swutch likes this.
  11. OkazakiTheOtaku

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    I actually did link an account to the switch so it doesn't affect me personally, but I was just curious. But thank you :)

12. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    No one asked.

13. OkazakiTheOtaku

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    As long as it would be an option and not a forced change, I would be all for it!

14. JRoad

JRoad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    GameSystem and OkazakiTheOtaku like this.
  15. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Yep July 29 version. I don't understand how I never found this. I searched everything. I'll give this a go and see how easy it is to use. I guess this tutorial is worthless, haha.

16. doctordoom

doctordoom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    thank you for this. there have been a few games ive been wanting to play but required an account and i just never did it before putting on cfw. this is amazing :D

naddel81 likes this.
  17. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    So still no way to patch the SNES Online app? :(

18. doctordoom

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    Anyone able to get this to work with Doom and Doom II? I tried and it still asks for a linked account even if i have a save file already loaded. However, the txt file says the program will work with doom and doom II.

19. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Have you tested it with NSC_Builder? If it doesn't work, please let JRoad know so he can add it to the list of not working games.
    Do you also have the updates for the DOOM games? I think the latest one patches out the BNET requirement part, but I guess it doesn't hurt to have a save with that linked already. If it's not working at all, you might have to get with JRoad and have him verify it's bad so he can remove it from the list.

20. doctordoom

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    I went with the update that the file says is good but it still kept asking for the linking when i tried starting the game. shame too because I love doom