How to edit NSPs to remove Link Nintendo Account Requirement for games

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by GameSystem, Sep 9, 2019.

1. GameSystem
    OP

GameSystem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Just clarifying. Did you apply the patch to both the base game and also to the update? I think you can get away with just patching the update file, as I think that's all people had to do with Bloodstained patch v1.02. I'd hope it would be similar for other games with linking.

2. phantomrabbit

phantomrabbit Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United States
    Hi sir just wanna ask it keep saying your prod.keys does not exist when I have it already can you help me thanks

3. doctordoom

doctordoom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    i applied it to both the base and update. i also did make new copy and apply to original. nothing worked. when i got into the game and hit a button to start it went right to the "link nintendo account". i dont have an account linked and i dont even know how to go back and do it so this is where i am stuck

4. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Use NSC_Builder instead and put keys.txt (rename your prod.keys) inside the ztools folder. There is a template for which keys it wants. NSC_Builder also has a key checker in configuration mode to make sure it can read them properly.

If you have a lot of free time, could you follow the old tutorial where it asks you to edit the control.nacp and then see what it says at the 0x3025 offset? If you don't have time, then maybe it's best to just uninstall what you have now and then download+install the prepatched version. I just checked online, and I'm having more trouble finding an "unfixed" version of the DOOM games haha.

Last edited by GameSystem, Sep 12, 2019
  5. JRoad

JRoad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    I tested my patcher with Doom on it's day and it works fine. The base game used to need the save with the bnet account too but that need was removed with the last update.

6. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    The latest update still asks for a linked account but you can skip it. Works for me.

7. JRoad

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    Yeah, they ask in-game of you're connected to WiFi. You can skip that check, the one you patch is preboot in the nacp.

8. phantomrabbit

phantomrabbit Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United States
    a

Last edited by phantomrabbit, Sep 12, 2019
  9. doctordoom

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    then i am not sure why it is not working because i patched it and after i hit a button to start the dialogue comes up asking to link an account and if i cancel i get another dialogue saying i need to log in with a bethesda account and it just goes right back to the "press to start" screen

10. phantomrabbit

phantomrabbit Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United States
    Hi sir what might be the problem in here

-snip-

Last edited by Quantumcat, Sep 12, 2019
  11. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    @phantomrabbit Please immediately edit that post. It contains switch keys. When you get that warning, all it means is that those keys aren't recognized because the program doesn't ask for them. You can ignore it.

For example, on GitHub, hacPack only asks for

Code:
    header_key - NCA Header Key
    key_area_key_application_xx - Application key area encryption keys
    titlekek_xx - Title key encryption key
    hactool only asks for
    Code:
    master_key_##                   : The ##th Firmware Master Key. Obtainable with TrustZone code execution.

package1_key_##                 : The ##th Package1 key. Obtainable with Package1ldr code execution.

package2_key_##                 : The ##th Package2 key. Derivable from master_key_## and package2_key_source.

titlekek_##                     : The ##th Titlekek. Derivable from master_key_## and titlekek_source.

package2_key_source             : Found in TrustZone .rodata.
    titlekek_source                 : Found in TrustZone .rodata.
    aes_kek_generation_source       : Found in TrustZone .rodata.
    aes_key_generation_source       : Found in TrustZone .rodata.
    key_area_key_application_source : Found in FS .rodata.
    key_area_key_ocean_source       : Found in FS .rodata.
    key_area_key_system_source      : Found in FS .rodata.
    header_kek_source               : Found in FS .rodata.
    header_key_source               : Found in FS .rodata.

header_key                      : Derivable from master_key_##, aes generation sources, and header sources.
    key_area_key_application_##     : Derivable from master_key_##, aes generation sources, and key_area_key_application_source.
    key_area_key_ocean_##           : Derivable from master_key_##, aes generation sources, and key_area_key_ocean_source.
    key_area_key_system_##          : Derivable from master_key_##, aes generation sources, and key_area_key_system_source.

and NSC_Builder only asks for
    Code:
    aes_kek_generation_source =
    aes_key_generation_source =
    titlekek_source =

key_area_key_application_source =
    key_area_key_ocean_source =
    key_area_key_system_source =

master_key_00 =
    master_key_01 =
    master_key_02 =
    master_key_03 =
    master_key_04 =
    master_key_05 =
    master_key_06 =
    master_key_07 =
    master_key_08 =

header_key =

xci_header_key =

Last edited by GameSystem, Sep 12, 2019
  12. JRoad

May 18, 2018
    Spain
    It work, those messages are in game. For the betesda account you need to install the latest update that removes it or to use a save file with it linked but basically the requirement it patches is the one before boot. For the other message either enter in airplane mode or cancel it.

13. doctordoom

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    i got the new update 1.02 and it works now. Apparently the earlier update was not being patched correctly and/or my save file fix was bad. not sure which but it works now. thank you. oh and the program patches the new update just fine :D

Last edited by doctordoom, Sep 12, 2019
  14. ravek

ravek Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    Cote d'Ivoire
    can we make this patch... enabled from atmosphere/titles/XXXXXXXXXXX/romfs/???

15. GameSystem
    OP

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    I think this is the answer to that question

Last edited by GameSystem, Sep 13, 2019 at 1:02 AM
  16. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Not exactly.

Control NCA is not a part of Program romfs. And romfs in titles works only for Program NCAs.

GameSystem likes this.