Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

Sockslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What I think you need to do to get this working on a PAL Wii are the additional steps from this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77946

QUOTE said:
"Additional info for some users:

Remove the 001 Error and Change Video Mode:
Do this between step 14 and 15.

1. Go into the second partition PARTITION (RSBE01), extract the main.dol

2. Open main.dol with bailli tool and hit "Remove 001" and hit "NTCS-2-PAL" then hit SAVE. if you do not hit save, it wont fix it.

3. In trucha signer, right click the main.dol that you just extracted, hit replace and replace it with your new modified main.dol

4. Right click the partition in trucha signer and resign the partition"

I have no way to check this for myself, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally I would suggest just following the guide at the above link and using a DL DVD.

Lloyd14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sockslayer said:
What I think you need to do to get this working on a PAL Wii are the additional steps from this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77946

QUOTE said:
"Additional info for some users:

Remove the 001 Error and Change Video Mode:
Do this between step 14 and 15.

1. Go into the second partition PARTITION (RSBE01), extract the main.dol

2. Open main.dol with bailli tool and hit "Remove 001" and hit "NTCS-2-PAL" then hit SAVE. if you do not hit save, it wont fix it.

3. In trucha signer, right click the main.dol that you just extracted, hit replace and replace it with your new modified main.dol

4. Right click the partition in trucha signer and resign the partition"

I have no way to check this for myself, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Personally I would suggest just following the guide at the above link and using a DL DVD.

That I'm going to do but i am going to play it on a D5 disk first cuz my DL is on transport.

en0dna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the original copy however i don't have the lg drive to dump the whole disk. So i was wondering if i can just dump the first layer using sd dvd or dvd dumper since the patch relinks the second layer?

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
science said:
I need help with that rapidshare link posted right above ^^

dunno why the url's are showing as elipses. Here is the link again. (same file as previously posted)

Latest SSBB dvd5 patch (uses vv_'s vers2 ftb.bin):
Download here.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@science
QUOTE said:
where do you need help with abc99's patch ? the readme inside does not mess around but you also need to be familiar with cmd prompt. if the problem is changing within the folder you type

cd desktop\ssbbpatch
for example when you open cmd prompt you see this

c:\documents and settings\\
then will change to

c:\documents and settings\\desktop\ssbb patch

to move back up one folder if you need, type

cd ..

i forgot how to move up more than 1 directory but you only need some cd (change directory) now. note if you use spaces in your folders you have to use quotations around the folder path you are changing, i.e. cd "desktop\ssbb patch"

follow abc99's guide for his patch 1 step at a time and you'll be done before you know it !
i was using abc99's patch but the readme was confusing me until i looked at it line for line. i already scrubbed my iso and didnt know how to just apply vv_'s fst with abc99's patcher which starts from an unscrubbed iso. i ended up using trucha which was already set up days before and put in vv_'s fst.bin that way. i also wanted to replace the english with japanese voices with Sonikku's method; using trucha was more convenient for me

SSBB Jap with English text files from USA version, Is it possible?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77933

eventually it became japanese to english just titles cant be edited ;P

p.s. i quoted myself for easier reading

Heishiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mossen said:
inmylrg said:
I tried the new method and I keep on getting a error saying XD3 INVALID INPUT

BTW, the iso md5 checksum I got on the original file is 52ce7160ced2505ad5e397477d0ea4fe

Does that seem right? I friidump the file myself.

Same problem....

same here

Tempt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I get XD3_INVALID_INPUT with the new way
and Error Decrypting Data with Trucha Signer.
You guys know a solution?
Ye, im kinda noob in this modding things.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abc537 said:
what speed do i burn at?

I always burn at the max speed of the media. Never have problems. I know there are those that always say to burn slower like 4X but if you want to waste your time than more power to you. Worse thing that can happen is you waste ONE DVD+-R which is a few pennies and you have to reburn. But before buying into the burn at 4X speed, try it at the max speed first. Maybe I just have a better burner or a Wii that is more tolerable to read other media but I'm using cheap ass GQ media too.

Desdicros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tempt said:

I'm having the same error, anyone know whats up?

Thanks

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Desdicros said:
Tempt said:

I'm having the same error, anyone know whats up?

Thanks

Is xdelta giving you that error when you attempt to patch the dvd9 iso? If so, maybe you are not using the WIIZARD dvd9 iso or are using the wrong command line. If the cmd line is ok, check the md5's of the iso you are trying to patch. The readme tells you what it should be.

To get Trucha Signer working, look at the tutorial. You're going to have to spend some time getting the key.bin set up.

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, everybody. I am one of those people that have been trying to play the DVD9-USA brawl since the day of its release (3/10). Unfortunately, my Wii is one of those "gifted" ones that cannot play DL medias at all... You can't imagine (maybe some of you can) how frustrating it was to think that you would never be able to play one of the games you like most in your own system... I tried different medias, different burner software, different burner hardware and nothing seemed to work. Then someone sent me a link to this topic and I read it entirely! I ran the automatic patch to my DVD9 file and burned it with nero with default settings.
I know I may sound a bit emotional now but I almost couldn't hold my tears when I saw the brawl intro movie for the first time! It runs just perfectly! No DREs, no white/black/green/gray screens, nothing. Appart from the loading times and the weird DVD-reading noise my wii makes sometimes, the game runs with no glitches at all!! And I don't even know what modchip I have!! Well, the reason why I am writing this is to thank everybody. Thank you for your efforts and keep up the good work. I will play brawl during the next days and I will let you know if I find any glitches so that you can improve your patch (if necessary). I didn't finish SSE yet but I am optimistic about the results!
You've just made another gamer happy!
yaynds.gif

My system is:
Wii: 3.1U
Modchip: ??? but it runs SMG (and now DVD5 brawl too!)

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just another comment: how are you managing to play brawl with the wii remote? I had to switch to my GC controller and now it feels so much more confortable! When I was using the Wii remote I sometimes pressed invisible buttons
smile.gif
This is because I used to jump with the X/Y buttons and there is no similar button in the wii remote. As for the block button, I kept hitting it accidentally everytime in the remote. Does anyone else feel the same way?
Sorry to change the subject. I didn't think it was necessary to create another topic just to post this comment. If it is too much off-topic, just forget it.
yaynds.gif

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont feel the same way, lol i really like wiimote and nunchuk because smash x was the first smash bros i started to get into; i didnt get used to the gc controller. look around the button config you might grow to like the other controllers. for me im sticking with wiimote and nunchuk
happy.gif

they probably talk about controllers for smash in the 60 page smash x ntsc thread.. i cba to read it :wtf:

bosscolor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
vv_ said:
I think I've found another way to build a fully working DVD5 of SSBB US, just by relinking all the missing videos of the second layer to one of the existing videos of the first layer (by modifying the fst.bin file).
Everything seems to work fine for me. For those who want to try it :

1. Scrub the DVD9 iso to obtain a DVD5 iso.
2. Open the DVD5 iso with Trucha and replace the fst.bin file on the second partition by this one : http://rapidshare.com/files/99553735/fst-relinked2.bin.html , and don't forget to sign the second partition.
3. Apply your own patches to the DVD5 iso if necessary : #001, RegionFree, BrickBlock, ...
4. Burn the DVD5 iso.
5. Enjoy.

Edit 14/03 : New version of the fst.bin file

An error has occured:

This file has been deleted.
Reason: Deleted by uploader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ