Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ianlin said:
abc99: Thanks for taking the time to reply. I ran the md5 check and it matched yours. So the conversion went correctly. I have burned twice so far, once with Verbatim DataLife Plus DVD-R and once with Taiyo Yuden Premium DVD-R. I used ImgBurn at 4X with verification on a NEC ND3550A burner. Both times ImgBurn reports successful burns. I will try one more time with some Maxell media that I have laying around. Anything else you can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and your generosity.

I just re-tested this and did not see a problem. I think the looping metroid vids you are seeing is normal. you can skip them using start+a or minus-button+2.

I started a new SSE round, skipped intro movie, played as Kirby, beat mario, vv_'s relinked Samus video plays 3-4 times, screen. last frame of video then shows and you use d-pad to select character. note that in sse mode, the char sel portraits aren't visible with this dvd5 rip. that is why the last frame of the relinked video is still onscreen.

abc537

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what i after using original replacing 118 file method
md5 sum:c7ce418f409673f3fb1209f1c098e958
is it ok and what speed do i burn on img burn thanks

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh yeah you have to pick characters in the character selection portraits are reused, as abc99 said. i remember i was pressing Z which i thought was for continue but i was just looping the cinema, lol. press A instead to pick the order of your characters

vncool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I finally had a copy of dvd5 version of SSBB in PAL but I can not convert back to NTSC. PLEASE HELP.......

THis is the information come with the image:
Patched release from WiiZARD.

Patched to PAL!
Tested on 3.2E Wii, 1.9g Wiikey!
480i WS TV!
60Hz!
No dual channels!

Use Generic Wii patcher to edit the main.dol in trucha if you want to change the video mode.

*NOTE*
All the movies are replaced with the one on the first layer in result you will
see the same movie on and on. just skip the movies and all will work fine.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vncool said:
I finally had a copy of dvd5 version of SSBB in PAL but I can not convert back to NTSC. PLEASE HELP.......

THis is the information come with the image:
Patched release from WiiZARD.

Patched to PAL!
Tested on 3.2E Wii, 1.9g Wiikey!
480i WS TV!
60Hz!
No dual channels!

Use Generic Wii patcher to edit the main.dol in trucha if you want to change the video mode.

*NOTE*
All the movies are replaced with the one on the first layer in result you will
see the same movie on and on. just skip the movies and all will work fine.

blech. too bad did you didnt download the normal ntsc version.

you'll need to open the iso in Trucha Signer, extract the main.dol. Patch the main.dol back to NTSC using Generic Wii Patcher. Put the main.dol back in the iso and reburn. You'll need to use GBATEMP's Search button above for help with those two apps if you don't have them working already.

wii can read dvd-rw, so use those to avoid coasters.

vncool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I try to open the iso in trucha Signer but it gave an error message " Error decrypting data".

I have NTSC version but they are in DL (8.5 gb).
I thought It would easier to convert video from PAL to NTSC and save me sometime.

ucablca

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you need to find a wiikeyset.bin for trucha to be able to open the iso - one that has been previously filled out, not the sample one that comes with trucha. Search for one - took me awhile to find it personally. Once you put it in your registry then set trucha to customkey 1

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vncool said:
I try to open the iso in trucha Signer but it gave an error message " Error decrypting data".

I have NTSC version but they are in DL (8.5 gb).
I thought It would easier to convert video from PAL to NTSC and save me sometime.

You will need to setup Trucha Signer using the tutorial from these boards.

To do so, you will need the 'key.bin'. To get this, go to post 88 of this thread.

starzmasta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you know how to rip the full version DVD9 SSBB so that you'll remove the sector which it checks if the wii has a mod chip? It seems that the disc is only checking for a mod chip on disc load. I have a modded wii (wiikey) running firmware v1.2. I have a store-bought official version of SSBB. Most of the time, it would not load up and say "unable to detect disc" but sometimes I did manage to get it to work and play of hours without problems. (just kept ejecting and reinserting with the wii laid flat). So as long as we can create a back up version of SSBB with the mod chip detecting sector removed. we can burn a full version DL backup for wiikey??

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FYI - To any newcomers who are unable to boot the retail SSBB and have a wiikey

This is a known problem with wiikey and the retail SSBB.

there are 3 solutions:

1) play the burned iso instead. there are dvd9 and dvd5 versions available. The dvd5 is missing most Subspace and tutorial movies. If you use the dvd5, use vv_'s latest ftb.bin method.

2) "break" your wiikey by starting the 1.9g flash update and then unplugging your wii . this will make your wiikey not work anymore for any wii backups. to restore the wiikey, use the recovery disk released by the wiikey team. Do this at your own risk.

3) boot a burned dvd9 iso and then swap with your retail disk. Note that you cannot boot the dvd5 rip and then swap with retail. (It is *possible* that you could boot a dvd5 iso for swapping that you made by the following steps: wiiscrubber the dvd9 iso and burn it. do not replace any files. That may work for dvd5-retail swapping).

These options have all been discussed on gbatemp's forums. Use the search feature to find out more about them

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiisan said:
when I defeat Taboo (final boss of SSE), i have a green message of error (the classic one), is it normal ?

You made your dvd5 using wiifriend's outdated tutorial. you need to use the latest wiifriend files (including the sora_ending) or use vv_'s 2nd ftb.bin release. vv_'s is the fastest way.

Using the link below you can patch your orig dvd9 iso to use vv_'s iso if you don't have wiiscrubber and trucha working.

Download latest dvd5->dvd9 patch here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/99581204/ssbb_...ch_2.1.rar.html

EDIT: link above has elipses for some reason:

Same link without '...'

inmylrg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the new method and I keep on getting a error saying XD3 INVALID INPUT

BTW, the iso md5 checksum I got on the original file is 52ce7160ced2505ad5e397477d0ea4fe

Does that seem right? I friidump the file myself.

mossen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
inmylrg said:
I tried the new method and I keep on getting a error saying XD3 INVALID INPUT

BTW, the iso md5 checksum I got on the original file is 52ce7160ced2505ad5e397477d0ea4fe

Does that seem right? I friidump the file myself.

Same problem....

Sockslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From the readmefile in ppf patcher:

"This patches the "WIIZARD DVD9 SSBB" iso to fit on a dvd5. This image includes the
disk's update. It does not contain any regionfrii, brickblocker, 'Error 101', etc patches."

So I guess you'll have to do some additional patching yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer