Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

juicy_mokro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
im playing the game right now..
add me and i will add you im hosting
grog.gif

vv_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I've found another way to build a fully working DVD5 of SSBB US, just by relinking all the missing videos of the second layer to one of the existing videos of the first layer (by modifying the fst.bin file).
Everything seems to work fine for me. For those who want to try it :

1. Scrub the DVD9 iso to obtain a DVD5 iso.
2. Open the DVD5 iso with Trucha and replace the fst.bin file on the second partition by this one : http://rapidshare.com/files/99553735/fst-relinked2.bin.html , and don't forget to sign the second partition.
3. Apply your own patches to the DVD5 iso if necessary : #001, RegionFree, BrickBlock, ...
4. Burn the DVD5 iso.
5. Enjoy.

Edit 14/03 : New version of the fst.bin file
Edit 06/04 : Link fixed

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jaxxster said:
btw...does the vc demos work for any of you with the dvd 5 version?

someone earlier on this thread said the vs demos don't work after the scrubbing / dvd5 . speculation is that they are on scrubbed layer2.

Posts merged

keys.bin:

-- If wiiscrubber is not working for you, make sure you put the keys.bin in the same dir as the wiiscrubber exe

-- trucha signer - use this tutorial to set it up, boyos.
Essentially what you do is type the hex values from the keys.bin into a section of the .reg file and then add that .reg file to your registry. then open trucha and select Custom Keyset.

RGadelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After doing all the steps of the new Wiifiend's SSBB DVD5 MOD v1.1 my iso has the md5 c7ce418f409673f3fb1209f1c098e958.
Is that ok?

So I have:
Original Wiizard iso: d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087
After WiiScrubber: e56e8a51148e711996bd9ffc4e779244
After Trucha: c7ce418f409673f3fb1209f1c098e958

Thanks

derrick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
derrick said:
hi

after the compression of SSBB ISO with wiiscrubber, I get a "error readind fst" when I try to open the compressed ISO with trucha ...

Any idea ?
I don't understant where the problem is : trucha opens perfectly the ISO before wiiscrubber-compression, but doesn't after ... i still get the same error message.

Thanks for any advice

Astudz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
vv_ said:
I think I've found another way to build a fully working DVD5 of SSBB US, just by relinking all the missing videos of the second layer to one of the existing videos of the first layer (by modifying the fst.bin file).
Everything seems to work fine for me. For those who want to try it :

1. Scrub the DVD9 iso to obtain a DVD5 iso.
2. Open the DVD5 iso with Trucha and replace the fst.bin file on the second partition by this one : http://rapidshare.com/files/99315406/fst-relinked.bin.html , and don't forget to sign the second partition.
3. Apply your own patches to the DVD5 iso if necessary : #001, RegionFree, BrickBlock, ...
4. Burn the DVD5 iso.
5. Enjoy.

can any1 confirm this?

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of WIIScrubber are you using I used 1.0a in the tutorial , and are you sure your key.bin that you need to put in with the wiiscrubber is correct.

The md5 of key.bin is 8d1a2ebcd82a3469b77facf15d9c8e50.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unrelated question:

I hadn't got the Japanese DVD5 rip working and put it aside. Did it include downsampled videos or relinked videos like wiifriend's DVD5 does?

--

While I'm posting, here's a link to watch the removed vids on youtube. Thanks for suggestion of watching them there, guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRBQWRhDAE0

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rhyguy v1.1 works online
(the original mod did also)

Has anyone completed the sse yet with v1.1? Need to know if it fixes the "green screen"(that happens upon completing the whole game) , dont have time to play it through yet still to much to work on.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiifiend said:
Has anyone completed the sse yet with v1.1? Need to know if it fixes the "green screen"(that happens upon completing the whole game) , dont have time to play it through yet still to much to work on.

Sekhu has confirmed that this fixes the green screen after finishing Classic mode with Pit.

Not sure about finishing SSE yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright