ast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I found nothing via search function so I start a new thread here. Is there any tool out which can copy a WBFS partittion to another HDD? Here is my problem: I stored around 20 games on my 3.5 inch external HDD more or less for testing purposes. But I also need this HDD for other things, so basically I have to move it behind my wii everytime. I'm now willing to buy a new 2.5 inch dedicated HDD just for Wii usage. But I don't want to read in all games a second time as it took like forever for the first time. As most games are originals I don't have ISOs of them, just DVDs....

Solution for Mac would be nice, but Windows is fine also!

Any help is apreciated!

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know of a way to copy the entire partition, but you can extract the games from the partition and then add them to the new HDD's wbfs partition. Might be faster.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some WBFS managers now allow copying from one WBFS partition to another, such as this one:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149624

But all of these, I believe, do the extraction of games from one partition and add to another. It's a step up from manually extracting and adding games, but not "true" partition copy. If you run Linux, AND you're duplicating a partition to another partition of the SAME SIZE, you can use the "dd" command (MAC may also have the dd command since it is BSD based??). The command "dd" will also work if you're copying to a bigger partition, but the extra space will not be seen, and will be wasted. Twenty games is not a whole lot; I would go with the GUI option, and just let it run overnight.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In any case, it's a good idea to use the wbfs_win.exe from Hermes, which extracts only the game part (CISO), not the full 4GB disk.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiNinja said:
Some WBFS managers now allow copying from one WBFS partition to another, such as this one:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149624

But all of these, I believe, do the extraction of games from one partition and add to another. It's a step up from manually extracting and adding games, but not "true" partition copy.

This is true, WBFS Manager 2.5 does indirect drive-to-drive copying (extracts then adds ISO between drives), but AlexDP expects to release a direct drive-to-drive copying in upcoming version 3.0. I am looking forward to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.