Hacking How to completely transfer your US Brawl save to EU (or viceversa)

WeltallZero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been tinkering around and I've managed to convert my US save into a EU one, allowing me to retain everything I obtained. I'm assuming this will be rather useful for many people, so I'm sharing it with you. I first posted this on ElOtroLado, so I'll simply translate into English what I posted there.

The process is soemwhat complex, and since I'm just lazy, I'm not going to explain each step in detail. This requires a certain degree of homebrew knowledge. Thanks to torito21 of the EOL forums, the process has been simplified quite a bit.

You need the following for the simplified method:
- A Wii that's able to run homebrew.
- Wii Save Installer and Extractor, made by Waninkoko.
- A SD Flash card.
- Program to change AUTOSV.BIN's region to PAL and fix its CRC32 (signature), developed by torito21. You can grab it at http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=19VYR3DV

Steps:
1) Make a backup of your US savegame with Wii Save Extractor (using the NTSC, obviously). It'll save on WIISAVES/RSBE.
2) [OPTIONAL] Make another backup of your PAL savegame (using the PAL disc). It'l save on WIISAVES/RSBP. If you want, backup both saves on your hard drive.
3) Use torito21's program:
- 3a) Donwload the program.
- 3b) Extract on the US savegame's folder, RSBE.
- 3c) Run the program.
- 3d) Delete the program.
4) [OPTIONAL] If you want to keep some parts of the PAL savegame, copy the corresponding files from WIISAVES/RSBP to WIISAVES/RSBE. This is recommended in the case of NET0.BIN and NET1.BIN, which contain the online configuration and may cause problems with the PAL game (or not). Here you have a list of each file and what it does, for this or in case you want to mix and match saves.

ADVSV0.BIN -> Adventure Mode (SSE) progress.
ADVSV1.BIN -> Copy of the former, must be identical (security measure)
AUTOSV0.BIN -> Unlocked stuff. Characters, modes, trophies, the works. Is the only file which is region locked.
AUTOSV1.BIN -> Copy of the former.
BANNER.BIN -> Savegame banner. Pretty much irrelevant.
COLLECT.VFF -> User data, including pics, replays, and created stages.
FILELIST.DAT -> Savegame file list. Identicall in all cases and therefore irrelevant.
NET0.BIN -> Online configuration, friend code and friend list. It's recommended to leave a PAL (EU) version of this file.
NET1.BIN -> Copy of the former.
WC24PUBK.MOD -> Apparently related to WiiConnect. Identical in all cases; irrelevant.

5) Change the folder's name from WIISAVES/RSBE to WIISAVES/RSBP.
6) Insert the Flash Card back on the Wii, then use Wii Save Installer to install it (using the PAL Smash disc).
7) ???
8) Profit!

I'm not translating the original method because it's complex, requires hex editing and CRC calculating, and torito21's program does all that hard work for you. Enjoy!

Reactions: CatmanFan

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could this work with mario kart wii? from PAL to NTSC? I wanted to do this early..also I don't have a chipped wii so I can't play PAL games on my console
frown.gif
If someone could try this and confirm this I would be very grateful

My Forum

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
harrybuttox said:
could this work with mario kart wii? from PAL to NTSC? I wanted to do this early..also I don't have a chipped wii so I can't play PAL games on my console
frown.gif
If someone could try this and confirm this I would be very grateful

My Forum
bump

SoNiC1023

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent stayed updated with the homebrew save stuff but can I do the same but making a jap save to a us save?

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Upperleft said:
Thanks, that might be useful for some
but may i ask if that will change the FC or what?

I imagine this would depend on which NET?.BIN set you use. If you use the one from the PAL save you'll have the same FC and list from that game and so forth. That said the TC stated its probably best to use a native version of this file.

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Personally I took my NTSC-U version. I played Brawl long in the NA version - finally EU came up.. and I didn't want new friend data. And I've already played a few online matches it works fine - no friendcode change, no friendlist change!

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Link00y said:
Personally I took my NTSC-U version. I played Brawl long in the NA version - finally EU came up.. and I didn't want new friend data. And I've already played a few online matches it works fine - no friendcode change, no friendlist change!
why switch at all tho?

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would it be possible to do a similar process to convert from (J) to (E), and if it is, would any of the steps be different?

I've been playing the (J) version, but now it's out in Europe it would be really nice to have all the work still there.
smile.gif

Looking at it again, I think all that matters is whether Torito's program will work on a (J) AUTOSV.BIN and whether there are any Japanese characters that might cause problems.

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah and trying it out isn't going to hurt anything. At worst the Wii crashes during Brawl in which case you reverse your changes.

WeltallZero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, my monitor got busted last Sunday (thought I'm not going to check this thread all that much or often, either).
The method should work perfectly to convert a Japanese save to PAL, and you should proceed exactly the same (your Japanese save will be in a folder called RSBJ instead of RSBE, that's all).

This method is exclusively for Smash Bros, as the executable by torito21 automatically targets a specific file within the particular Smash Bros save. HOWEVER. I haven't tried converting any save other than the Smash Bros one, and therefore I don't know if it is standard procedure to region-code files in other saves. You can try to use this method, skipping steps 3 and 4 (which are Brawl-specific), and see what happens (keep a copy of everything in case it doesn't work). Of course, remember that instead of RSBE and RSBP, the save folders will be [whatever]E and [whatever]P, with [whatever] being the 3-letter code for your game.

If you do try it, please report back with your findings. If it doesn't work, try to upload your savegames (both the US and PAL ones) somewhere and I might take a look at them when I can.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Using the online file of a USA game on a PAL one is harmless, I'm using my friendcode and friendlist created on NTSC-U Brawl on my PAL version and it's working perfectly.

g0dia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WeltallZero said:
AUTOSV0.BIN -> Unlocked stuff. Characters, modes, trophies, the works. Is the only file which is region locked.
AUTOSV1.BIN -> Copy of the former.
Sorry but i don't know what does that mean? can't i use this file from a US Save in the PAL Gaeme?

A

auroreon

Thanks so much for this, this is exactly what I've been looking for!

Just got one question... on SSBB if go to the Names option which is under Brawl in the main menu it gives you the option of transfering names. If you press the + button on a Wiimote you can save a name to the Wiimote and from the Wiimote save it to someone elses Brawl data, thing is, you can't transfer names created on NTSC saves to PAL saves.
My question is: If you create a name on an NTSC save, then convert your NTSC save to a PAL save... can you then transfer that name from your newly converted save to another PAL save?

Can anyone try this?

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^ The thing is, the only thing that transfers that way is the name and custom controller configuration. No stats like KOs or Falls or whatever. So it's pretty pointless, really.

A

auroreon

Sorry for bumping a REALLY old thread... but I thought it would be a better option than creating a new thread.

I am really desperate to convert my PAL brawl save to NTSC, but this program will only convert from NTSC to PAL. Unfortuanatly I don't know how to program so I can't edit the program myself, and I wasn't able to figure it out just by looking at the included source code.

Is there any way I can convert my PAL save to NTSC or anyone who can edit this program to convert PAL to NTSC? I'm GUESSING that it shouldn't be too difficult as it would seem all one would have to do is reverse the program... but I don't have a clue about how to program.

I would be VERY grateful if anyone could provide me with any way to convert PAL to NTSC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?