1. Peanut_BR

OP Peanut_BR Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Guys I've been googling for some days trying to find anything related to this battery but I couldn't find something helpful. I tried english, portuguese and even russians forums but I still don't have any clue about what is this battery for.

According to this thread(https://gbatemp.net/threads/internal-clock-battery-cap.382058/) it is a CMOS battery and it can make your PSP able to "hold" the memory of data and time while you change the removable battery of it, however whenever I change mine I have to set the time and data again...so my doubts are:

Is it really a CMOS battery or just a capacitor?
    Is there a problem if I change it?
    What is the model of the battery?(I wanna know before I remove mine hahaha)

upload_2018-8-1_18-10-56.png
    Here you can see the "cmos" battery that I am talking about

Btw I checked mine with a multimeter and it shows current in it.

Anyway thanks if you can answer or give me some light

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    It should be a tiny rechargeable lithium or nimh battery (never checked...), a good number of smartphones also have them (and a small number of laptops, but usually in bigger physical sizes)

alexander1970 and Peanut_BR like this.
  3. Peanut_BR

OP Peanut_BR Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Do you think the battery is there to hold the time for a while? Cuz if so .. Mine it's not doing that

4. zackmclovin

zackmclovin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I thought it was just 377 battery but it turns out it is a cap. I was able to disolder the cap and read the designation. It reads 3.3v 0.2f. A google search on that lands me on caps that looks exactly like the one in question.

5. zackmclovin

zackmclovin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I thought it was just 377 battery but it turns out it is a cap. I was able to disolder the cap and read the designation. It reads 3.3v 0.2f. A google search on that lands me on caps that looks exactly like the one in question.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - motherboard, internal, battery